Author Topic: Do we get too involved in the music?  (Read 156 times)

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Do we get too involved in the music?
« on: October 21, 2002, 10:14:07 PM »
I think at times, we have to accept, we are not friends with Xzibit, or Suge didnt hustle our friend outta money, or Jay Z didnt steal a concept off our girlfriend.

Of course there are stories which accompany artists/producers. Lets say Suge for example. There a stories, as well as proof of him being an evil muthafucka, but he brings me good music to buy and in turn listen to. So what he does behind the scenes is esentially his problem. Jay Z for my second example, has been labelled a 'ripper' of other ppl's winning formula's (ie. West Coast influence, 2pac, BIG), but he is a hard working artist, and keeps releasing albums, and brings new talent to the table. Xzibit for example, may not have asked The Liks to be on his cd, and may have not stood up for Snoop with  Suge or whatever, but he releases some good shit.

I mean, cmon now, we are the consumers, why do we have to get so involved that we discriminate againsts artists. Crooked I is a good example, he is on Tha Row, coz thats who signed him. Thats that dudes chance to blow, good luck to him. Why hate, just because he is backed by Suge (the devil) Knight? Snoop for example, has become more radio friendly since leaving Death Row, but why hate him for not being Gangsta enuff, when all he wants to do is bring us music.

Wouldnt we ALL be in some trouble if the artists did this to us. I know myself along with a lot of other fans could be told "U cant buy the cd, coz u aint black"....and some of u may get told, "U cant get the cd coz u think u so hard", or "u hit girls", or "U smoke too much", or "U dont share smokes with ur homies", or "u dont have blue eyes".

Seriously, if you are fans of this hip hop game, why not try supporting artists, giving higher credit to their music than their (wait for it...) personal lives.

Anyways...felt like starting a discussion, so please share ur view anyone.

Anyone except Ludacris fans  ;D

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
Re:Do we get too involved in the music?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 11:38:49 PM »
i kinda feel what you sayin dogg, but at the same time we are just expressing our feelings on certian things that go on in todays music. i feel what you're sayin bout people discriminating other artists's music just because of who they're affiliated with. but at the same time, we are the consumer's and we helped get the artists where they are today, so we should be able to voice our feelings.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 02:33:02 AM »
Yeah...good response man.  :)

Bishop

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Get Addicted!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 02:39:55 AM »
my family and a few of my friends are the only things in this world more important to me than music

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 02:54:13 AM »
In now way is this thread suggesting we take 'music' too seriously, shit ppl who know me in real life know this is my life. What I am suggesting is, we get too involved into the artists personal lives too much

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 03:11:54 AM »
muthafuckas listenin to DPG and some other fools
claimin to be crips afterwards and startin fights and shit...

so i gotta say, stupid muthafuckas are involved into music...
stupid muthafuckas

peace
GT
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
TobyTizzle
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 03:29:11 AM »
"u hit girls"
Um, what exactly did you mean by that?

...Are you talking about beating women or something( ???), 'cause that's messed up.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 08:34:36 PM »
Yeah...i ment some fuck heads hit girls...but then think they are hard. So if artists descriminated against that, they wouldnt be able to listen to rap. It was an example...not saying any of us do it

budsmokeronly

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2002, 09:22:19 PM »
Well I love rap music to the fullest.  Only things I like in life more than rap music is my family, good friends, and beautiful women.  So when an excellent artist like Crooked I wastes his career by collaborating with fags like Ja Rule, it pisses me off.  I mean these guys are not going to be making albums forever.  We are lucky if an artist puts out 5 albums throughout their career.  I mean look how dope the twinz are and they have only put out one album.  So it makes me mad when I don't get to hear the greatest music comming out of artists.  I mean Snoop definately has the ability to make a very classic records, very close to the lines of doggystyle.  Yet he goes ahead and works with the Neptunes and ludacris and Jay Z.  My point is these guys can't make records forever, and when they are done they are done.  It's just sad to see them waste such great potential.  Basically I want artists to make albums specifically for my tastes, but I know that ain't gonna happen.

Cry Me A River

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Like I Love You"
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2002, 07:46:28 AM »
FUUUCCCCCCCCCCC UUUUUUUUU IF PACCC SAY RIDE IMA RIDE FO MY NIGA PACCCCCC  FUC YAL JAYZ BIGGIE FAT FUCC FANS

PAC SAY FUC UM
SO

I SAY FUCCCCCCCC EMMMMMMMMMMM
SAMPLE OF "GIVE IN TO ME" ORIGINAL. This shit is amazing:....
http://www.hiphop.imaginsinc.com/giveintome.wma

http://www.oneon1inc.com/ <<<<< <<<<<< <<<<<<

415 Playa

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2002, 08:00:28 AM »
My opinion on this shit iz if the artists become to well-known, in general they are making commercial & often horrible shit ! For example Snoop Dogg, after Tha Doggfather, he released the total fiasco "The Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told" ! I think the only really good artist who stayed wit a really bangin' shit all his (short) life was Tupac ! He started wit quite EastCoast oriented shit who can be good for EastCoast Fans, but after wit "Me Against The World" he went on the WestCoast scene wit a really muthaphukkin' bangin' style !

To come back to the starting of my respons it's that artists like Snoop Dogg who are livin' in Beverly Hills & still playing Crips or like Dr Dre who lives at the same place & don't have the dick to go in to Compton. I think this shit iz ridicolous ! I can understand, that they want to spend their money to a bangin' life, but don't still play O.G. or Crip.

Therefor, my opinion is that tha undaground artists are the best that ya can listen to & the best place to find em' iz the Bay Area I think. There's no really commercial artist, just a few very well-known like Too $hort, Spice 1 or C-Bo & a few others, but the big rest of the artists are really underground & I think all of them make really bangin' shit for us !

That's my respons ;D

Bay 4 Ever

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2002, 08:24:13 AM »
Yeah! exactly, everytime Suge drop a comment on Snoop or Dre almost eveyone is like:
- Nah he´s full of shit, Dre aint gay, snoop aint no punkazz etc etc

BUT when Dre or Snoop drops a comment about Suge almost everyone is like:
- Yeah, that punkazz Suge aint shit, he´s a fool he did this and that against Snoop & Dre!

HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE IN HERE KNOW WHAT IS THE TRUTH!!!!?
WE AINT BEEN THERE TO SEE WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!!!
WE ONLY HEARD RUMOURS AND YOU CANT MAKE A STATEMENT FROM A FUKKIN RUMOUR!!? THATS STUPID!!

Peace AND IM FUKKIN out
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"