Author Topic: Killer Mike Not Impressed By Others’ Attempts To Bring Back Hardcore Hip-Hop  (Read 338 times)

Elano

50 Cent says he wants to bring hardcore rap back to the forefront, and we know the sentiments Jay-Z expressed in “D.O.A.” Killer Mike says he’s not impressed. He’s been keeping it street.

“I don’t wanna hear none of that bullshit from none of the niggas,” Mike said. “I dropped I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II last year. If you wanna hear hardcore hip-hop, go to the store, go get I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II. You can listen from the first Biggie sample to the last song on the album, ‘Good-Bye,’ it’s hardcore hip-hop. I don’t wanna hear that bullshit, these niggas who got millions of dollars talking about bringing shit back. They ain’t bringing shit back. It’s here — you looking at it.

“Buy me,” he continued. “When that Killer Mike drops, hardcore hip-hop will be back for the second, third time. You know, the same guy that said ‘rap is dead’ three years before Nas said it. I’m here. Fuck with me. Jay dropped ‘D.O.A.’ and everybody went crazy. And I love Jay. A week before that, I dropped ‘Man Up.’ Go listen to that song and go listen to ‘D.O.A.’ ”

Lunatic

Damn, Mike goin hard. He ain't lyin on that rap is dead bullshit. DOA go hard, but Mike ain't fuckin around that 'man up' joint was sick. Plus the I Pledge II album is a near classic.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Portugoal

Damn, Mike goin hard. He ain't lyin on that rap is dead bullshit. DOA go hard, but Mike ain't fuckin around that 'man up' joint was sick. Plus the I Pledge II album is a near classic.

If T.I.'s one of your favorite rappers I can imagine you don't think hip hop is dead. :P

J Bananas

Killer Mike = Atlantas finest

Lunatic

Mau: I ain't say it's dead because it ain't, but I'm saying mike DID say it 3 years before Nas.
J: U ain't kidded, currently, Mike IS the best spitter not just in the A, probably in the entire south.

OG Hack Wilson

someone wanna hook me up with that "man up" song
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

OG Hack Wilson

by the way...as far as who does hardcore rap best

its Esham...dead flowerz era  8)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

by the way...as far as who does hardcore rap best

its Esham...dead flowerz era  8)
how dope is Man Up?

OG Hack Wilson

ill give it a 3/5

nothin amazing but i like his voice...ill throw it on a CD and see if it gets better ovre time

Lunatic

i thought he lyrically killed it. Mike is a beast.

thisoneguy360

Props to Mike, good to see someone that knows whats up

Blood$

"Man Up" is heat... gotta download that one as soon as I get home

westside159

WTF , THIS NIGGA MAD BECUZ HE AINT GETTING NO PLAY .  shit is pathetic another downsouth rapper trying to act tough .