Author Topic: Hitler vs Biggie  (Read 662 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: Hitler vs Biggie
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 09:05:22 AM »
'This video is not available in your country' ;D

Now we're not even allowed to watch our own Führer anymore. What have we Germans done that we deserve this treatment?

bananas

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 01:06:39 PM »
biggie was a great flower. tupac sucked in that arena..even his so called social conscious songs were corny.

herpes

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 10:05:34 PM »
Anyone who says Big was overrated shouldn't be allowed to listen to hip hop.  Hitler did his thing though

GOAT?

GTFOH is more like it lol.

at his best he is a top MC, but he has two albums (classic or not) & not much more material besides that.

top 10? yeah, but definatly bottom 5, not the top 2 lol.

Where did I say he was the G.O.A.T. ?  And you said he was top 10... if he is top 10 wouldn't that make him one of the best of all time lol ?

not saying you did, but that's why i think he is overrated; because the general consensus says he is like top 5.

some put him ahead of Tupac & that's just insane, the amount of work they each put in doesn't even compare.

like i said, Biggie is like 8th or 9th best all time, not 1st, 2nd or 3rd though, which is why i claim he's "overrated"; not overrated like "he sucks", just not the top rapper of all time.

Just because Pac made more material doesn't make him better. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 10:20:34 PM »
Anyone who says Big was overrated shouldn't be allowed to listen to hip hop.  Hitler did his thing though

GOAT?

at his best he is a top MC, but he has two albums (classic or not) & not much more material besides that.

Where did I say he was the G.O.A.T. ?  And you said he was top 10... if he is top 10 wouldn't that make him one of the best of all time lol ?

not saying you did, but that's why i think he is overrated; because the general consensus says he is like top 5.

some put him ahead of Tupac & that's just insane, the amount of work they each put in doesn't even compare.

like i said, Biggie is like 8th or 9th best all time, not 1st, 2nd or 3rd though, which is why i claim he's "overrated"; not overrated like "he sucks", just not the top rapper of all time.

i understand what you're saying, but i think Pac's best >>> Big's best.

but then the fact that Pac has so much more & it's, for the most part, better than Big's shit; it shouldn't even be a debate.

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 03:25:06 AM »
Pac isn't a more talented MC than Biggie, he's just a more popular rapper than Biggie. As was said, Pac's flow can't even be compared to Biggies, and while I give Pac great credit for his socially concious songs and putting emotion in to tracks and whatever, his use of rhymes and poetic techniques aka. lyricism doesn't compare to Biggie either.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »
Pac
Cube
Big L
Big Pun
Rakim
Kool G Rap
Eminem
Nas
The GZA
Big Daddy Kane

without throwing in Crooked I and MC Juice, that's a legit list of 10 people better than Biggie.

as far as best NYC albums ever

Lifestyles of the poor and dangerous > liquid swords > illmatic > 36 chambers > ready to die   

2pac vs biggie?  i love Biggie but come on, "Life after death" clearly shows he was falling off when he was alive and heading toward a more mainstream direction.  P Diddy's influence was showing.  LAD would've been an amazing 1 disc album if you take the best songs.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »
Pac isn't a more talented MC than Biggie, he's just a more popular rapper than Biggie. As was said, Pac's flow can't even be compared to Biggies, and while I give Pac great credit for his socially concious songs and putting emotion in to tracks and whatever, his use of rhymes and poetic techniques aka. lyricism doesn't compare to Biggie either.

i dont know what you think a "flow" is

Pac's WORD PLAY was average at best, nowhere near Biggie's

but the way Pac flowed was amazing....notice how it inspired a whole generation of people in the Ja Rule era of hip hop
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

herpes

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »

GOAT?

i understand what you're saying, but i think Pac's best >>> Big's best.

but then the fact that Pac has so much more & it's, for the most part, better than Big's shit; it shouldn't even be a debate.

Big's best shit is just as good as Pac's best.

herpes

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 09:35:09 PM »

but the way Pac flowed was amazing....notice how it inspired a whole generation of people in the Ja Rule era of hip hop

Big influenced and inspired an entire generation as well.  The way most rappers carry themselves is directly bitten from Big.

herpes

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 09:39:42 PM »
Pac
Cube
Big L
Big Pun
Rakim
Kool G Rap
Eminem
Nas
The GZA
Big Daddy Kane

without throwing in Crooked I and MC Juice, that's a legit list of 10 people better than Biggie.

as far as best NYC albums ever

Lifestyles of the poor and dangerous > liquid swords > illmatic > 36 chambers > ready to die   

2pac vs biggie?  i love Biggie but come on, "Life after death" clearly shows he was falling off when he was alive and heading toward a more mainstream direction.  P Diddy's influence was showing.  LAD would've been an amazing 1 disc album if you take the best songs.

I love L no homo but he is no where near Bigs level.  Eminem LMFAO.  And I like the Gza but dudes flow can put you too sleep.  I would also put Big over Pun.  Pun was a better lyricist but thats about it.  No knock on Pun though.  G Rap is a legend but he sounds exactly the same on way too many songs.  The rest of that list you can debate now.

herpes

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 09:49:12 PM »
And truth be told lifestylez by L isn't a top 10 NYC album of all time.  It's in my personal top 10 but it's not a top 10 NYC album of all time.

In no order off the top of my head that a better musically and impact wise from NYC

illmatic
ready to die
long live the kane
the great adventures of slick rick
enter the 36 chambers
paid in full
tribes first 3
the infamous
hell on earth
murda muzik
only bult of cuban linx
liquid swords
capital punishment
enta da stage
follow the leader
stillmatic
reasonable doubt
the blueprint
licensed to ill
paul botique
by any means necessary
criminal minded

And a lot more.  I tried to keep it a list that musically and impact wise are better than LODR&D.

Thats just off the top of my head.  I love LODR&D but we tend to overrate that album big time.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 12:25:54 AM »
8)

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 02:21:23 AM »

So we're in agreement about the lyricism, but let's not get silly about flow. I know what flow is, but I'm not so sure about you if you think Pac's flow was 'amazing'. Pac is known for a lot of things...emotion, social conciousness, hit records, being a revolutionary...but even most of his diehard fans admit his flow was far from 'amazing'. Pac himself admitted that Biggie's flow was better, if I remember correctly what he said was that he was 'amazed that Biggie could flow perfectly over any beat'.

As for Life After Death, I'm not even going to get in to that discussion. That album proved that Biggie was also a lot more versatile than other rappers, and Pac has never made lyrical tracks like 'Long Kiss Goodnight'. If I'm not mistaken 'Victory' was two of Big's last verses which he recorded before death, and if you listen to the way that he ripped that track and think he was going downhill you are sadly mistaken.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »

Big influenced and inspired an entire generation as well.  The way most rappers carry themselves is directly bitten from Big.

by over-eating and beating women?? ;)  jk

Big influenced NY's rap scene...but Pac influenced rappers on all 4 coasts.  master p and no limit, ja rule in NY, the entire west lol.