Author Topic: I kind of feel sorry for the Mets...  (Read 1264 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: I kind of feel sorry for the Mets...
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »
LOL, Ichiro is hands down the better player.

EDIT: the only thing Reyes has on Ich is that Jose is a better SS lol.

Yeah I'd say Ichiro is definitely better, they're different players though. Even though Ichiro could hit for power he chooses to hit purely contact and can get on base virtually at will. Reyes can hit for average but tends to drive the ball more rather than going for the little hits. Ichiro>>Reyes IMO, both amazing talents though.

the only thing Reyes has better than Ichiro is he can hit more extra base hits....which i dont care about as much from my LEADOFF hitter.

i'd rather have a guy hit .330 than .290 if he's leading off.

He's hitting .362  8)

8) meanwhile the other guy hasn't played in like 2 months
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2009, 07:14:47 PM »
reyes per 162 games: .285/.334/.435, 196 hits, 34 doubles, 15 triples, 13 HR, 66 RBI, 113 runs, 65 SB, 16 CS, 83 K, 101 OPS+

ichiro per 162 games: .335/.380/.430, 232 hits, 23 doubles, 8 triples, 9 HR, 57 RBI, 106 runs, 39 SB, 7 CS, 62 K, 117 OPS+

lets compare these to Jeter since 2004

Jeter per 162 games: .314/.384/.454, 36 doubles, 3 triples, 17 HR, 80 RBI, 113 runs, 22 SB, 6 CS, 103 K, 120 OPS+

jeter's OPS+ is even higher than Ichiro's granted Jeter spent some of this time as a #2 hitter instead of #1
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2009, 11:03:22 PM »
Jeter is the fuckin' man! 8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2009, 11:10:38 PM »

Yeah I'd say Ichiro is definitely better, they're different players though. Even though Ichiro could hit for power he chooses to hit purely contact and can get on base virtually at will. Reyes can hit for average but tends to drive the ball more rather than going for the little hits. Ichiro>>Reyes IMO, both amazing talents though.

the only thing Reyes has better than Ichiro is he can hit more extra base hits....which i dont care about as much from my LEADOFF hitter.

huh?

XBH from a leadoff hitter are GREAT.  that sets up your entire inning. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2009, 11:16:58 PM »

huh?

but i'd rather have the guy batting 50 points higher than a guy with a lower average that hits a few more extra base hits.

the leadoff man is fast, he should be able to take second 90% (or more) of the time.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2009, 11:21:38 PM »

huh?

but i'd rather have the guy batting 50 points higher than a guy with a lower average that hits a few more extra base hits.

the leadoff man is fast, he should be able to take second 90% (or more) of the time.

im not debating that, but to say that you dont care (i know you didnt say it..) about XBH from a leadoff hitter is stupid. 

regardless, reyes is one of the best SS there is.  same goes for ichiro.

how did ichiro get brought up into this anyway?  ichiro has NOTHING to do with reyes or the mets....

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2009, 11:45:54 PM »
^ohh, i feel you.

yeah XBH from your leadoff hitter are nice, but you have to take the average everyday.

that's a good question though, scroll up & see where he came into the conversation; i just saw "Ichiro/Reyes" & said Ich >>> Reyes. :P

herpes

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 08:26:07 AM »
Mets have been wanting to trade Reyes for awhile, it's no new subject

they'd be MUCH better off getting a pitcher in return for him.  David Wright and Carlos Beltran are the key peices of that team.

and Ichiro shits on Reyes as a leadoff hitter + overall player
\

Where do you get this the Mets have been wanting to trade Reyes for a while lmfao you fuckin moron.

herpes

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2009, 08:32:27 AM »

huh?

how did ichiro get brought up into this anyway?  ichiro has NOTHING to do with reyes or the mets....

A Yankee fans dumb ass argument got shut down so they have to try and shut down the argument to save face.  Notice I even asked hack how come he has no rebuttal for his initial argument of the mets trading Reyes and he won't even go back to it.   

herpes

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009, 08:34:22 AM »
How come Hack you won't respond to me shutting down your initial argument

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2009, 09:17:15 AM »

i don't want to speak for Hack, but i have heard it on the radio time & time again.

660 is a Mets station, i don't know if that rumor would just pop up out of the thin air; not to mention that the callers agreed. :-X

i know Yankee fans are "dumbasses, who know nothing", but i suppose Met fans have a few of those sprinkled in if they want Reyes out, those morons. :D

herpes

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »

i don't want to speak for Hack, but i have heard it on the radio time & time again.

660 is a Mets station, i don't know if that rumor would just pop up out of the thin air; not to mention that the callers agreed. :-X

i know Yankee fans are "dumbasses, who know nothing", but i suppose Met fans have a few of those sprinkled in if they want Reyes out, those morons. :D

Those Met fans are morons.  Unlike you I have no problem criticizing my team.  But thats all an act right, so come September I can act surprised.  And 660 may play Met gams but the voice of the station is a die hard Yankee fan that hates the Mets.  And LOL @ listening to 660 to get a gauge on how knowledgeable sport fans think.  You want to discuss baseball with people that actually know Baseball, go over to the the coliseum on SOHH.com.  Listening to 660 smh. 

herpes

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2009, 02:11:57 PM »
I am still cracking up that you take any called on 660 serious.  The same callers that say trade this bum and that bum for Albert Pujols lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2009, 06:35:39 PM »
I am still cracking up that you take any called on 660 serious.  The same callers that say trade this bum and that bum for Albert Pujols lol.

but they're Mets fans...i don't care if they're slightly retarded, they're Mets fans.

& you continue to go & say Yankee fans know nothing. :laugh:

anyway, i have no problem critizing my team, but i don't feel any need to be agrivated now; we're playing good ball. 8)

herpes

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »

but they're Mets fans...i don't care if they're slightly retarded, they're Mets fans.

& you continue to go & say Yankee fans know nothing. :laugh:

anyway, i have no problem critizing my team, but i don't feel any need to be agrivated now; we're playing good ball. 8)

Most Yankee fans don't know anything.  And where have I ever said there aren't brain dead Met fans either you fucking moron.  And like retarded Yank fans don't call up the fan either, huh ?  Is Jerome from Manhattan still alive?  And the Yanks just got swept by the Halo's going into the all star break. 

But back to the Yank fans knowing nothing about baseball, aren't you the one that didn't know who Yovani Gallardo was ?  Aren't you the one that tried to say the Mets trading for Ryan Church last season is the equivalent of the Yanks signing Texiera ? LOL... you know nothing about baseball.  You follow the Yanks and thats it.  You don't know baseball.