Author Topic: Damn, I just realized....Pac is gonna break 40 million.....  (Read 242 times)

Jome

Re:Damn, I just realized....Pac is gonna break 40 million.....
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2002, 08:53:54 PM »
2pac sold 40 million as a RAPPER, Nelly sold so much as a POPSTAR. That`s why it`s cool to see that 2pac is gonna reach that limit

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2002, 10:40:04 PM »
Ok, his CDs before his deaths sales.

2Pacolypes Now - 500,000
Strickly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z. - 1 million
Thug Life - 500,000
Me Against the World - 3 million
All Eyez On Me - 6 million, but since it's a double, we'll say 3, though the fact that it cost $25 instead of $12.50 which was the CD price at the time did 'cause some people to not buy it, like me, who waited until later to get, when I got a job.

Anyways, 8 million before his death. After his death those CDs sales all double except All Eyez On Me, which sold 10 million now. Over 6 years, that tends to happen with good CDs, wither the CD is good or not. After all, most were not feeling R U Still Down, and sales reflected that.

2Pac was also killed at the height of his career, meaning that he was probley due for many classic CDs, and big sales debuts. Who knows what would happen with 2Pac, but it amazes me that he can sell so much without all the hype behind it. Every other album, you get months of hype, with 'Pac, you put it on the shelf, and you see sales. R U Still Down had a cartoon video, but Still I Rise and Until The End Of Time both had weak videos and singles in terms of TRL, and in terms of overall radio hype, it played, but was never hyped. So people buy his albums because they know they'll hear good music, and the name 2Pac means something that will be great.

Scarfacetony

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2002, 03:05:00 AM »
'Pac selling is impressive 'cause he did it by skillz and raw talent, and not by just sell out. People feel his lyrics.

BIG WORD UP!!!!!!!PAC IS THE BEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME no doubt he sold so much because he was the best .............he NEVER SOLD OUT like Snoop did