Author Topic: anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?  (Read 2370 times)

Okka

Re: anybody got source of ghostwriter for Doggystyle?
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2009, 01:59:19 PM »
There is a Dr. Dre produced version of "What Would U Do" on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack. The original version was produced by Daz.

Not produced by Dre. He's credited with mixing that version, Daz is still the producer credited on the NBK soundtrack.

Yeah, it's the same version that's on "Murder Was The Case" but there's also that "Dr. Dre Remix" of it, which is almost the same as the original. I'm guessin Daz Dillinger made the beat and Dr. Dre produced the song, just like Snoop Dogg said in one of his interview with DubCNN.

2euce 7even

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2009, 02:23:50 PM »
I thought Emmanuel Dean's beef was not getting credit for his work. I don't remember him saying he "produced" those songs. I recall something about him playing certain things for Dre that he liked but instead of getting proper credit, he got listed as "Porkchop" in the special thanks section. I'll have to rewatch it again.

where did you hear that that emmanuel dean was credited as "porkchop" in thanks-section?why not "emmanuel dean"?

why was d.o.c. listed on "serial killa"?even if he wrote something, why is he listed as "featuring-artist"?

the d.o.c used ta help snoop, evrybody knows that but yall know dat snoop wrote tha whole album "with a little help of his friends".

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »
death row's greatest hits confirms

-Slick rick aka ricky walters gets credit for Lodi Dodi  (duh...we heard it in 1984 lol)

-Snoop is credited for writing The Shiznit, Gin and Juice, Ain't No Fun, Doggy Dogg World and What's My Name

and Dre credited for each beat

leaving us without having credits for

"g funk intro"
"serial killa"  (notice how the back of the CD says it features DOC...hmm)
"for all my niggaz..."
"g'z and hustlaz"
"pump pump"

Dude, you mentioned "Lodi Dodi" like 3 times...we know Snoop didn't write that, it was a remake! And DOC was on "Serial Killa", who do you think the raspy voiced dude was that was saying "Seriaaaal Killaaaa" was?

did you know Lodi Dodi was a slick rick cover??  ???

Hell yeah. Slick Rick may be new to you but for those of us who weren't introduced to rap because of Crooked I, we've all known that forever.

http://www.omnipelagos.com/entry?n=doggystyle

http://en.allexperts.com/e/d/do/doggystyle.htm

"DOC: Ghost-writer of raps; preformer"

gangstaboogy, wanna explain that since you know everything apparently

Like I said, he helped Snoop come up with concepts and helped him with his verses. He was basically Snoop's coach. But D.O.C. is a ghostwriter as proved here...

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=220556.0
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »
1-i was introduced to rap thru 2pac/wu tang thank you very much

2-i actually heard slick rick's lodi dodi first

3-did you know lodi dodi wasn't originally done by SNoop??  just thought i'd let ya know incase you didn't  :laugh:
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »
where did you hear that that emmanuel dean was credited as "porkchop" in thanks-section?why not "emmanuel dean"?
Pretty sure that was Dean said on DPG Eulogy. Like I said, I need to rewatch it because I haven't seen it in a couple years but from what I remember, Dean was pissed that instead of being given credit for whatever he contributed to those tracks, he just got a listing as "Porkchop" or something weird like that.

Efrain

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2009, 07:15:26 PM »
There is a Dr. Dre produced version of "What Would U Do" on the Natural Born Killers soundtrack. The original version was produced by Daz.

Not produced by Dre. He's credited with mixing that version, Daz is still the producer credited on the NBK soundtrack.

Yeah, it's the same version that's on "Murder Was The Case" but there's also that "Dr. Dre Remix" of it, which is almost the same as the original. I'm guessin Daz Dillinger made the beat and Dr. Dre produced the song, just like Snoop Dogg said in one of his interview with DubCNN.

No. There are two versions, both released. One on Murder was the Case which is produced by Daz and mixed by ? (don't have the inlet) and the other was released on the Natural Born Killers STK which is also produced by Daz but happens to be mixed by Dr. Dre.

It is not a Dr. Dre Remix per se, it's just Daz's beat mixed by Dre. There is no additional instrumentation or musical elements that aren't present in the Murda Was the Case version.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »
I just re-watched the Emmanuel Dean section from the DVD and here's what I got from it.

It sounds like he was mad at Dre for not helping him get his proper credit. He says Dre "definitely made the beat" but that he (Dean) was responsible for playing the instruments (doesn't specify but Daz later says he played the keyboards). He says "Pork Chop" was a nick name that the Death Row guys were trying to give him and seems very unhappy about his credit being reduced to a "Special Thanks" with some bullshit nickname instead of his real name. He seems to take issue with Dre over the fact that he allowed Death Row to fuck Dre's studio people out of publishing credits. He says something to the vibe of that he knew Dre took care of his people after the fact (I presume this to mean that he made sure everything was good with his Aftermath crew) but he was angry how he let Suge and Death Row fuck everybody and then just walked out of that to a new deal.

Deep Cover

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 01:42:04 AM »
Deep Cover

give me one example of a great Snoop freestyle...and please don't use the one over the "Bitches aint shit" beat because that was a terrible example of "freestyling"

Snoop was great with his flow and rapping...but off the head?? no.

I can't blame you for being too young to know. Snoop was well-known to freestyle many of hist best songs. I already gave you two great examples. But if your so stubborn that you don't wanna read the things you don't wanna hear, that's your problem. So please go get some knowledge first. Try to start with the D.O.C. interview

2euce 7even

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 01:59:36 AM »
Deep Cover

give me one example of a great Snoop freestyle...and please don't use the one over the "Bitches aint shit" beat because that was a terrible example of "freestyling"

Snoop was great with his flow and rapping...but off the head?? no.

i know whatchu sayin but did you ever hear "arsenio hall freestyle"?, i heard "tha shiznit" is a freestyle too.

2euce 7even

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 02:02:10 AM »
Pretty sure that was Dean said on DPG Eulogy. Like I said, I need to rewatch it because I haven't seen it in a couple years but from what I remember, Dean was pissed that instead of being given credit for whatever he contributed to those tracks, he just got a listing as "Porkchop" or something weird like that.

lol @ "porkchop". but emmanuel dean did some other work too right (what he was credited for :)), wasnt he producing for "militia" and lord g?