Author Topic: Randolph traded to the Grizzlies  (Read 176 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Randolph traded to the Grizzlies
« on: July 17, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »
Clippers trade Randolph to Memphis for Richardson

LOS ANGELES (AP)—The Clippers have traded leading scorer Zach Randolph(notes) to Memphis in exchange for Quentin Richardson(notes).

The deal was announced Friday.

Richardson averaged 10.2 points and 4.4 rebounds in 72 games with the New York Knicks last season. He’s returning to the Clippers, where he played from 2000-04 after being drafted by the team out of DePaul.

The 29-year-old guard-forward was acquired by Memphis on June 25 in exchange for Darko Milicic(notes). Richardson originally left Los Angeles as a free agent and went to Phoenix, where he played one season before joining the Knicks.

Randolph was acquired in a trade with the Knicks in November 2008. The forward averaged 20.8 points and 10.1 rebounds in 50 games for the Clippers last season.

But he had a rocky season off the court, including his father’s death in March.

Randolph was suspended for two games by the team after being arrested for investigation of drunken driving in April. He was suspended for two games for punching a Phoenix player in February.

In 2003 while with the Portland Trail Blazers, Randolph was arrested after an officer noticed the smell of marijuana coming from his vehicle.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Randolph traded to the Grizzlies
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »
yea, this was actually announced a while ago...Randolph is whack, Q-Rich was a beast last time he played in LA...I have no idea why Memphis wants to take on Z-Bo, though. ???

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:16:41 PM »
yea, this was actually announced a while ago...Randolph is whack, Q-Rich was a beast last time he played in LA...I have no idea why Memphis wants to take on Z-Bo, though. ???
He isnt wack, Randolph is a BEAST. he averaged about 20 points a game and grabbed almost 10 rebounds a game average for the clippers. I would have kept him, but his off court demeanor and attitude about being on the team sucked. Q Rich is an awesome player too, Im surprised Memphis Traded him straight up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »
He isnt wack, Randolph is a BEAST. he averaged about 20 points a game and grabbed almost 10 rebounds a game average for the clippers. I would have kept him, but his off court demeanor and attitude about being on the team sucked. Q Rich is an awesome player too, Im surprised Memphis Traded him straight up.

LOL...Randolph is the definition of fools gold....he puts up the numbers, but those are empty numbers. he's a horrible defender, basically a liability on defense, and on offense, he's more of a perimeter player than an interior "beast". how else can u explain the fact that he was traded from portland for nothing, then from new york for nothing, and now clippers are trading him too after he put up those big numbers for them....the answer is because he's an overrated player, and that's only due to those numbers....but people started seeing that Z-Bo was all numbers with no true substance back when he was still with Portland, so I'm surprised you still think he's a "beast"...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 05:47:41 AM »
Chris Wallace is one dumb motherfucker.

Frist he trades Pau for nothing, "to lower the payroll". Now he gets a much whacker player who has virtually the same contract Gasol does.

My God, I hate Chris Wallace so much.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 01:50:26 PM »
Chris Wallace is one dumb motherfucker.

Frist he trades Pau for nothing, "to lower the payroll". Now he gets a much whacker player who has virtually the same contract Gasol does.

My God, I hate Chris Wallace so much.

that is pretty fuckin stupid if u think about it....what is he trying to accomplish here? LOL

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:31:51 PM »
you never know, it might work out.

i remember the clips beat the celtics cuz of randolph, he just exploded that one game late in the season

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »
you never know, it might work out.

i remember the clips beat the celtics cuz of randolph, he just exploded that one game late in the season

dont get me wrong, he has his moments where he absolutely beasts..but overall, randolph is not a player who's gunna help your team with long-term success. the biggest factor is that a.) he plays NO defense and b.) he's trigger happy from the perimeter, more so than perimeter players...Grizzlies fucked up. Still comin up, though.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »
He's also very dumb and doesn't care.. he made the worst play I've seen all season. A few seconds to play, Clippers inbound, 1 point difference. They can't get the ball where they want - get it to Randolph, who is between half court and the 3pt line. Still enough time to regroup. What is he doing? He takes to steps and shoots a lazy hella long ranged 3pointer (of course misses).
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

thisoneguy360

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »
^ LOL, yep not the smartest player

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »
it's a shame, cuz he's got a nice offensive game and has great rebounding capabilities...just cant seem to get his game in check and commit himself to the defensive end. waste of talent.