Author Topic: Kardinal Offishall Video Interview  (Read 115 times)

Lunatic

Kardinal Offishall Video Interview
« on: September 07, 2009, 02:58:41 PM »
http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1897/54/

Kardinal Offishall spoke to Raptalk.Net for an exclusive video interview after his performance at the 1000 Islands Music Festival in Gananoque, Ontario.

Kardinal spoke to us about his crossover from Canada to the States, his upcoming album, how he hooked up with Akon and Konvict Records, a potential Konvict Music tour with the rest of the roster heavy weights, and more...

stay tuned for more from the 1000 Islands Music Festival including up close footage of the performances by Snoop Dogg, Kardinal, Akon, and more...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o0hG3Xi-zDc&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/o0hG3Xi-zDc&amp;hl</a>

Raptalk.Net: We have Kardinal Offishall right here on www.raptalk.net. What’s going on with you Kardi?

Kardinal Offishall: Man, just trying to get my energy back after that show.

Raptalk.Net: They put on a dope show! He needs to get his energy back after the show they put on out there. How you doing man?

Kardinal Offishall: Real good man. I’m just blessed. It just feels good to be in my own backyard not too far away where I’m able to go out for these people that came to see a good show.

Raptalk.Net: Coming up in Toronto, the hip-hop scene is not as strong as it is in the States. Talk to our readers about how tough it was to catch that big break.

Kardinal Offishall: You know what; I wouldn’t say it’s not as strong. I would just say that it’s different. There is a lot of talent that we have here. It’s just that we have a weird grasshopper in the jar mentality to where a lot of people are afraid to jump out of their comfort zone and really start breaking out and try to penetrate places other than Toronto and Montreal and try to get around the world. What I think is dope especially right now that we’re in the information and technology age is that it’s probably way easier for everybody to break into different territories and do their thing well around the world. Before, especially when we were first coming up it was definitely difficult to be able to do things because we used to have to physically carry our music with us and put it in people’s hands and have a backpack full of mixtapes or whatever. But now you can shoot off an email and somebody can download it and check it out really quick. You can have an affect half way around the world in five minutes as opposed to take two weeks to actually get over to Europe or wherever in Africa and get to actually meet these people. It’s a different time and age. It’s definitely a lot easier and I think that’s going to make it a lot better for the younger generation coming up.

Raptalk.Net: You mention doing your thing about that, you’re now with Akon and Konvict Records. That was a big move for you. Tell our readers what your reaction was like when Akon approached you with the deal.

Kardinal Offishall: Not to sound conceited or full of myself but not that it wasn’t a big deal but the way in which he approached me was very naturally. We actually became friends before we started even worrying about business. Because we were friends and cool first and then we decided to do business together, it just made the whole process very smooth and easy as opposed to just being a business transaction or signing a contract and us being banded together just by a piece of paper.

Raptalk.Net: Give our readers an update on the new album. It’s coming out fourth quarter, correct?

Kardinal Offishall: No, I don’t think it’s gonna’ come out fourth quarter. It’ll probably be early 2010. We’re gonna’ take our time and not rush it. It’s most likely gonna’ come out after Akon’s next album. Akon I think is gonna’ try and release his album in the fourth quarter and then mine will follow up his. What we’re doing this time around is we’re gonna’ take a lot more time to brand everything and brand the Konvict music family and really make a stamp. Last year was dope because we had T-Pain, Lady Gaga, Colby O’Donis, Akon and I. Everybody respectably had a smash on the billboard with their own platinum singles and more. We didn’t really take the opportunity to really show the industry we are as a collective. Everybody knows all of those artists individually but if we had done a Konvict Music tour last year, we would have smashed the game wide open. I think what we’re going to do this year is try and take advantage as a collective and show people the strength we have as a family.

Raptalk.Net: We don’t want to take too much of your time. So are you saying you wish that would have went down last year?

Kardinal Offishall: The thing is we’re always on the road together because all of us always have shows. It just so happens that T-Pain will have a show in Vegas that will be at or whatever or I’ll be at a show with Akon and vice versa. We always rock together but I mean as a real concentrated 60 dates in America, 30 dates in Europe and 20 in Asia or whatever. Something like that has to go down very soon. I think that’s what we’re all trying to work towards because everybody’s schedule is crazy busy and hectic. We’re always going everywhere; we just came back from France and we’re going back to France in a few days; going to China, doing this and that going all over the place. Akon was just in Jordan, Lebanon and the areas there. Everybody is all over the place so it’s really gonna’ be something that we have to work hard at to make happen but I feel that’s gonna’ happen.

Raptalk.Net: Ok, no doubt. Thanks a lot for your time Kardinal. You heard it from the man himself, “Mr. International” the album in stores hopefully the top of 2010. There about to go to France, he really is “Mr. International.” Do you have any last words for www.raptalk.net before I let you go?

Kardinal Offishall: you know what it is. A lot of people are just Don King – only in America but we’re Mr. International so you see what it is; International Offishall style. Ok! It’s Kardinal Offishall, Black Jays, and Konvict! Look out and support everybody from Konvict Music. You know what it is. Big up, brah!

Raptalk.Net: And we out.

Edit- Added content.  Lunatic you know the rules, post the content, not just a link.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:23:34 PM by Adon »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

PLANT

Re: Kardinal Offishall Video Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
dope, im gona check this out

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
dope, im gona check this out
thank u playa

Muhfukka

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:35:29 PM »
hahaha

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 11:37:35 PM »
hahaha
dope as fuck, ain't it? Kadinal refused 2 do single interviews..only a press conference..I was the only media in the entire house to get this exclusive interview..we do it fuckin big..

Kool Beenz

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »
how many lines of coke have you sniffed

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
how many lines of coke have you sniffed