Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather says MMA is for animals & whites who couldn't cut it in boxing  (Read 764 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thats bull, you got all these black dudes like Rashad & Rampage that have been or are champions & I'm only talking about the UFC. Theres lots of promotions in & out the US that concentrate on MMA. MMA is mixed martial arts, that means boxing is also a part of it. Some of these guys actually come from boxing backgrounds & have real knockout power so to say Floyd would run circles around them in boxing - get real ::) Oh & if someone doesn't know their jiu-jitsu or wrestling, of course they're gonna be bored watching someone doing takedowns on the next man & MMA isn't only about that, you got a whole bunch of matches were noone goes to the ground & is all stand up.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Thats bull, you got all these black dudes like Rashad & Rampage that have been or are champions & I'm only talking about the UFC. Theres lots of promotions in & out the US that concentrate on MMA. MMA is mixed martial arts, that means boxing is also a part of it. Some of these guys actually come from boxing backgrounds & have real knockout power so to say Floyd would run circles around them in boxing - get real ::) Oh & if someone doesn't know their jiu-jitsu or wrestling, of course they're gonna be bored watching someone doing takedowns on the next man & MMA isn't only about that, you got a whole bunch of matches were noone goes to the ground & is all stand up.

Naw, thats not it.  Its just boring lol. I mean, at first I got into it a little. But its nothing compared to a good boxing match to me. And yes, some of these guys come from boxing backgrounds...but its completely ridiculous to think any of these guys would stand a chance in a boxing ring with a world class boxer fighting under boxing rules. Just the same, like I said, a boxer wouldnt be able to compete in a MMA ring under MMA rules.  Either fighter will always have a "punchers" chance. But its two completely different styles of fighting. Boxers spend their entire life training to box with their hands.  Nothing else is used. You can imagine how skilled they become, particulary an elite fighter. MMA fighters, even if FROM a boxing background are probably not elite boxers...or they would have kept boxing. They work on a lot of aspects of MMA, not necessarily focusing on just ONE particular aspect. Meaning, they are skilled overall....but the boxer who only trains his hands...will have more skill in his hands. Fighting under his rules gives him the advantage. I couldnt even imagine what would happen to an MMA fighter in the ring with a boxer the Caliber of say a Shane Mosley. With his power and hand speed, any MMA fighter would be lucky to land a punch...or last more then a couple rounds (in a boxing ring under boxing rules).
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Kool Beenz

yeah Shane would fuck Rashard up in a boxing match but im sure in wrestling or jui jitsu Rashard would show him a couple of things

yeah Shane would fuck Rashard up in a boxing match but im sure in wrestling or jui jitsu Rashard would show him a couple of things

exactly. Its like comparing a pitcher to a quarterback.  They both throw a ball, but a quarterback would not necessarily be a great pitcher, and a pitcher would not necessarily be a great quarterback.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
eye give it sometime and Blacks are dominating MMA mark by words
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Kool Beenz

eye give it sometime and Blacks are dominating MMA mark by words

yeah just like they dominate the prison system, crime, gang violence, pregnancy, un paid child support, and many other things

::)

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Naw, thats not it.  Its just boring lol. I mean, at first I got into it a little. But its nothing compared to a good boxing match to me. And yes, some of these guys come from boxing backgrounds...but its completely ridiculous to think any of these guys would stand a chance in a boxing ring with a world class boxer fighting under boxing rules. Just the same, like I said, a boxer wouldnt be able to compete in a MMA ring under MMA rules.  Either fighter will always have a "punchers" chance. But its two completely different styles of fighting. Boxers spend their entire life training to box with their hands.  Nothing else is used. You can imagine how skilled they become, particulary an elite fighter. MMA fighters, even if FROM a boxing background are probably not elite boxers...or they would have kept boxing. They work on a lot of aspects of MMA, not necessarily focusing on just ONE particular aspect. Meaning, they are skilled overall....but the boxer who only trains his hands...will have more skill in his hands. Fighting under his rules gives him the advantage. I couldnt even imagine what would happen to an MMA fighter in the ring with a boxer the Caliber of say a Shane Mosley. With his power and hand speed, any MMA fighter would be lucky to land a punch...or last more then a couple rounds (in a boxing ring under boxing rules).
I know what you're saying. I trained a little jiu-jitsu so I might find it a lot more interesting than other people. Anyways the way I've seen how hard some MMA fighters train their conditioning & overall fighting sklills & tactics I do think a MMA fighter with good hands could KO a proffesional boxer. Also these guys may train various fighting styles but they usually choose a style that fits them best. I've seen alot of MMA fights & Shane Mosely isn't the only guy with power & speed 8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:15:55 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Naw, thats not it.  Its just boring lol. I mean, at first I got into it a little. But its nothing compared to a good boxing match to me. And yes, some of these guys come from boxing backgrounds...but its completely ridiculous to think any of these guys would stand a chance in a boxing ring with a world class boxer fighting under boxing rules. Just the same, like I said, a boxer wouldnt be able to compete in a MMA ring under MMA rules.  Either fighter will always have a "punchers" chance. But its two completely different styles of fighting. Boxers spend their entire life training to box with their hands.  Nothing else is used. You can imagine how skilled they become, particulary an elite fighter. MMA fighters, even if FROM a boxing background are probably not elite boxers...or they would have kept boxing. They work on a lot of aspects of MMA, not necessarily focusing on just ONE particular aspect. Meaning, they are skilled overall....but the boxer who only trains his hands...will have more skill in his hands. Fighting under his rules gives him the advantage. I couldnt even imagine what would happen to an MMA fighter in the ring with a boxer the Caliber of say a Shane Mosley. With his power and hand speed, any MMA fighter would be lucky to land a punch...or last more then a couple rounds (in a boxing ring under boxing rules).
I know what you're saying. I trained a little jiu-jitsu so I might find it a lot more interesting than other people. Anyways the way I've seen how hard some MMA fighters train their conditioning & overall fighting sklills & tactics I do think a MMA fighter with good hands could KO a proffesional boxer. Also these guys may train various fighting styles but they usually choose a style that fits them best. I've seen alot of MMA fights & Shane Mosely isn't the only guy with power & speed 8)

without a doubt an MMA guy might be able to knock out a professional boxer. And without a doubt, a professional boxer might be able to step into the octogon and land a clean shot to the head and knock out an MMA fighter.  Its just when I watch MMA, even so called strikers dont seem to have THAT much hand speed or even that snap that a great puncher in boxing would have in their punches.  Take the hardest punching MMA heavyweight, and say Mike Tyson. Who would you rather take a punch to the jaw from? lol.  I think id let the MMA fighter take off on me WAYYY before Tyson.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^I don't know, I wouldn't want to get hit by any of these guys, period :P

Jaydc555

In no rules street fights I would take mma fighters over boxers

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wouldn't even call him white too, I'd say he's european.

What kind of dumb statement is that? Europeans aren't white? Only white Americans are?

It's not because they're white, it's because they aren't American. If Heavyweight Boxing was being dominated by an American white guy it'd be huge in the states, like it is in Eastern Europe right now. A real like Rocky Balboa would be ten times as big as Ali, and Tyson in their prime combined. Shit, the fake Rocky Balboa even has his own staue in Philly.

I wasn't talking about the American public in general, but to job. If a boxer from Congo would dominate the heavyweight class, no way he would hate on heavyweight boxing.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:32:20 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I wouldn't even call him white too, I'd say he's european.

What kind of dumb statement is that? Europeans aren't white? Only white Americans are?

:laugh:

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mayweather totally avoiding the Super Middleweight division then with his comments?

A division where every world title is held by a white European.  A division that untill he retired was dominated by Joe Calzaghe (Total pro recored of 46 wins 32 by KO, 0 defeats & 0 draws), untill he went to light-heavyweight and beat Bernard Hopkins (who claimed "he'd never lose to a white boy.") & Roy Jones Jr?

WBA  Mikkel Kessler (Denmark)
WBC  Carl Froch (United Kingdom)
WBO  Károly Balzsay (Hungary)
IBF  Lucian Bute (Romania)

Same for Middleweight, where again all world titles are held by white boxers

The Ring, WBO, WBC - Kelly Pavlik (American)
WBA - Felix Strum (Germany)
IBF - Arthur Abraham (Armenia/Germany)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:24:25 AM by TheDeli »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

It's not because they're white, it's because they aren't American. If Heavyweight Boxing was being dominated by an American white guy it'd be huge in the states, like it is in Eastern Europe right now. A real like Rocky Balboa would be ten times as big as Ali, and Tyson in their prime combined. Shit, the fake Rocky Balboa even has his own staue in Philly.

I wasn't talking about the American public in general, but to job. If a boxer from Congo would dominate the heavyweight class, no way he would hate on heavyweight boxing.

My mistake. I thought you were making a general statement on the popularity of Boxing in North America. I don't know Job, but I'll take your word for it.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mayweather knows how popular and competitive boxing is in Europe.  For fuck's sake, one of his bigger pay days came from fighting Ricky Hatton.  Since Mayweather is one of those people that talks without thinking, you gotta basically see what he was trying to say.  Knowing how dumb this dude is with his comments, he probably did simply mean whites from the U.S., and not every white person in the world.