Author Topic: Tha Realest new album only sold 172 copies first week?  (Read 1435 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tha Realest new album only sold 172 copies first week?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »
aite without sendin any hate but if this were true and other labels were to base their decisions off his "track record" would they sign him? lol

100 percent false, though the results were disappointing to say the least.

438 hard copy
507 digital sales
1,278 single song downloads

Damn, that sucks. Even though I hate your guts, that's bad on both ends for you guys. At least Realest puts content into his music unlike some other rappers. With the single song downloads put together as a 17 track album and divided it rounds to 75 album sales. The total is 1,020 CD sales is what it is equivalent too including digital sales and hard copy. Damn, that blows.

While I'm a fan of Realest, I dont think he's ever going to escape the whole "2pac/Deathrow" stigma that comes up when you mention his name. His music has definitely evolved since then and you hear more mature content but even I, as a fan, can't let that go sometimes. It sucks cause he's definitely come a long way since then but you are always going to have people who will always say "fuck him" for biting Pac.

Also, imo, the promotion was horrible. I visit a few hiphop blogs every few days (NahRight, Hype Beast, 2dopeboyz) and I never saw Realest mentioned - and these are sites that usually post up new music/album info on the daily.  Also aside from the internet, I didnt see any mentions of it anywhere. THENNNNNN the day of the release, the local Best Buy didnt recieve their shipment - and when they did, they only got in 3 copies.  For Realest's sake, I hope Enigma is right in saying that this is just an album to introduce him to the record executives and fans that will lead to a second album.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ephayzee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 03:43:29 PM »
aite without sendin any hate but if this were true and other labels were to base their decisions off his "track record" would they sign him? lol

I dont understand your question

Lucifuge

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »
i mean im not surprised at all

yea..same here...faka ass 2pac
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »
aite so you said tha realest has a another album comin......?
if thats the case
im sayin what label will be willin to put it out if this album of his didnt do that well?
muffuccaz werent expectin it to sell millions, not even 1,000's but if it did do less than that, what label will sign him?
unless it was his current label he was signed to?
and was that deal solid if he were to sell copies off his first album?

I dont understand your question
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

ephayzee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 03:53:29 PM »
aite so you said tha realest has a another album comin......?
if thats the case
im sayin what label will be willin to put it out if this album of his didnt do that well?
muffuccaz werent expectin it to sell millions, not even 1,000's but if it did do less than that, what label will sign him?
unless it was his current label he was signed to?
and was that deal solid if he were to sell copies off his first album?

I'm not sure what his deal is with Team Dime/RBC but I think Enigma mentioned in an earlier post that he had another album coming out - I'm just going off what he said. If I'm wrong then my bad.

I see your point tho - low sales definitely would mean the chance of a second album coming would be almost non-existent but like I said, I dont know what his deal is.

JohnnyL

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 04:08:24 PM »
Damn.  That's a shame if it's true.  He deserved to do better than that.   I feel a little better about not downloading his album now.  I haven't purchased it yet, but I still plan on getting it soon.

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 04:14:05 PM »
i downloaded the album just to check it out.. was surprised and this release will see my money next week!!

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

outlaw77

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »
record labels would go by the quality of the album before anything else . tha realest is a very good artist with a GREAT album [the best ive heard from the westcoast in YEARS] , there are 50 reasons why the album hasnt sold well and none of them are because he isnt a dope rapper as a lot of haters on here would have you all believe . with this being a WESTCOAST rap forum i am more than surprised that SO MANY people on here hate on a artist for not selling all that well , i thought that not selling well was common for 99 percent of westcoast rappers . tha realest reps the west AND pac to the fullest , hating on your own is the reason the west is at the bottom of the totem pole as it is . i would understand a little better if he and his album were wack BUT ITS NOT , tha realest is dope and his album is AWESOME , but all i hear is that same ol shit about the pac stuff thats been BEATEN INTO THE GROUND by some of you guys FOREVER . we've all heard your complaints about this for a LIFETIME , OK WE GET IT . . . now GET OVER IT AND LET THE MUSIC SPEAK FOR ITSELF .  

Blasphemy

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 05:39:50 PM »
100 percent false, though the results were disappointing to say the least.

438 hard copy
507 digital sales
1,278 single song downloads

This is only including major chains/Best Buy and iTunes. This is not yet including Amazon, Mom and Pop shops that put the album on special order, and website preorders. Those will all be factored in eventually, but none the less it was nothing to brag about.

The economy is in a rut right now, nobody buys cd's, this was an independent album release, and on top of that, many of the Best Buys got the album a week late. It's still not an excuse on our behalf.

We weren't expecting anything past a 1000 really for the first week, this is not something we're aiming to be a money making album, maybe just break even. Realest got involved in a real good situation going with Mike Lynn at the end of '08, but the RBC deal was already signed. This helps line us up for that second album. This is more like an album for execs and fans to introduce him musically to the industry, without a Death Row name tag attached. It was also his way of showing that he's got more to him as an artist than just someone with the "Pac stigma."

We've already got bigger situations in line for the second album lined up. The response for the album has been overwhelmingly positive, so we're gonna ride this out and try to have as many fans hear the project, whether they buy it or download it (hopefully they purchase it of course). We're hoping that the music will speak for itself.

You also got to remember, The entire 2pac biting controversy, it has infected the realest carrier from day 1. I'm not actually surprised. He had no hype, he pretty much fell off the face of the earth to a lot of fans after Death Row's Second Dynasty failed.Being a West Coast Artist already presents a problem, cause our music is being blacklisted do to our past controversy, the fact rarely any new signees are putting out albums. I'll be amazed of Witness The Realest goes gold.

Also the whole "Beat into hte ground 2pac thing" well, are we wrong? lol I mean its just been a huge part of his carrier, its literally what got people to notice him. If he doesn't sell enough he'd probably get dropped. well if I remember he is on his own label, so really if he doesn't sell he'll probably just develop a huge problem of find a new distributed label.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:43:53 PM by Blasphemy »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »
goes gold?
wait a minute isnt gold movin 500,000 units?
Cube

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
goes gold?

Yup. LOL.

Blasphemy

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 05:44:38 PM »
goes gold?
yeah

it seems like he sold maybe 2,233
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:46:17 PM by Blasphemy »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 05:49:59 PM »
no hate but by the looks of it he isnt good 2 break wood in this lifetime of ours
and whats sad is that he might not be the best rapper alive, but damn you tellin me he sold  roughly less than 14% of what k-fed sold?

goes gold?

Yup. LOL.
Cube

Blasphemy

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 05:51:29 PM »
no hate but by the looks of it he isnt good 2 break wood in this lifetime of ours
and whats sad is that he might not be the best rapper alive, but damn you tellin me he sold  roughly less than 14% of what k-fed sold?

goes gold?

Yup. LOL.

pretty much. K-Fed had hype though. He promoted his album with TV gigs and shit. Realest, well he did a commercial thats on youtube... lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 05:53:19 PM »
still tho, thats sad what tha realest has been workin on the last decade should have amped his sales and got muffuccaz buyin his album, seems like that didnt work
cuz these numbers are SAD
he needs to stay home lock tha door and never come out again lol

goes gold?

Yup. LOL.

pretty much. K-Fed had hype though. He promoted his album with TV gigs and shit. Realest, well he did a commercial thats on youtube... lol
Cube