Author Topic: what city in Cali has the best rap scene (current or historically)  (Read 770 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: what city in Cali has the best rap scene (current or historically)
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 03:51:02 PM »
If you are comparing the entire bay area to the LA area, then the bay has the best rap scene. But as far as individual cities I think LA has produced the most good rappers.

Currently its probably LA. A lot of bay rappers are still stuck on the hyphy gimmick and not living up to their full potential.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:53:33 PM by rapsodie »

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 03:54:26 PM »
as far as historically..most defenetly L.A. as far as right now...probably the bay..and as far as underground hip hop..the I.E. got it (too bad it gets black balled)

San Diego  8)
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

sofdark

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »
yo, why we gotta argue which area makes better music? Both Bay and L.A. been consistent on makin great music and has the best scene on the nation.

California Love people.

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »

A lot of bay rappers are still stuck on the hyphy gimmick and not living up to their full potential.

What Bay artist are you talkin bout? nobody really pushin dat anymore but probably 40 water & Short and they ain't really independtent artist

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 11:58:47 PM »
Historically I gotta go wit Compton...Easy E R.I.P godfathered this movement..But the town is right there..took the Independent game to another level..more L.A artist could learn a thing or 2 from the bay...
Flixx

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »
historically cpt hands down currently id say its a toss up between la and watts based on the contenders on the rise, watts-jay rock glassess   la-nipsey, spider loc, the bay has a pretty rich history as well but like someone mentioned they bunching all the cities into one when they say the bay

ikke

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 11:40:16 AM »
Proberly Compton, without N.W.A Dr.dre wouldn't be able to sign 213 to Deathrow, no DPGC too.
Either that Or Oakland where short's from

locdasmoke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 11:50:12 AM »
I'm from the Yay Area reppin the 415 and the 707! I got luv for all of the West Coast's shit! Every city out here who be doin they thang from Nor Cal to So Cal and a lot of dope shit has been comin outta the golden state for years! I can't pick a favorite city, but here's my top 5 favorite rappers from Cali.

1. Makaveli the don
2. Ice Cube
3. Assassin
4. Crooked I
5. Yukmouth

Sparegeez

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 03:31:56 PM »
If you're going to put The Bay as a whole there is no question about it. The Bay. Frisco, Oakland and Vallejo have their own scenes that can compete with LA

clinton wayne

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »
The Desert..... Gotta Rep My Area....

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2009, 04:53:38 PM »
as a current state im going for SAN DIEGO their albums/productions bangs harder then anything in CALI:

treali duce
mitchy slick
cricet
cuzzin ice lecta
cee wee 3
black mickey
and many more

sprite

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »
from a history standpoint

Long Beach and Compton obviously have the biggest collection of heavy hitters as far as impact and talent

everywhere has greats though

Big B

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 09:30:43 AM »
Woodland Hills A.K.A. Hoodland Hills

ur jokin right? thats a fukin white boy neighborhood

isn't that where Daz lived after he came over from OKLAHOMA? lol
daz lived in oklahoma? what a square.

MistaNova

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 07:15:55 PM »
Personally my favorite area is Inglewood (Eastwood, Mack 10, Arabian Prince, etc...)

But the area with the most notorious history is probably Compton (N.W.A, CMW, DJ Quik, King Tee, Tweety Bird Loc).
The Bay has the longest history (Too $hort, E-40, Mac-Dre, MC Hammer, Luniz) and San Fran is still struggling for it's chance in the spotlight (JT The Bigga Figga, San Quinn, Paris, Rappin' 4Tay). Then there's Long Beach, 19th Street 8) (Snoop, Crooked I, Lil C-Style, Tray Deee, Bad Azz).

But at the moment, every area has talent buzzing around. You got Game, Spider, Tyga, G. Malone, Jay Rock, Jayo Felony, Nipsey Hussle, Young Dre The Truth, Crooked. Fuck it just listen to their music.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:14:57 PM by Iveus »