Author Topic: Exclusive Interview With MC Ren + Final Mix Of "Renincarnated" (Audio)  (Read 1353 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn connected with the legendary MC Ren for an interview to get the scoop on the villain's upcoming album "Renincarnated", which is dropping later this year. Ren tells us about his upcoming single, what we can expect from the album, why it was so long in the making and what his mindstate was when recording it. He talks about why he chose to make this a true solo record and have no features on it, and who he chose to produce for him. We then talk about the state of Hip-Hop, new artists, his relationship with Dr. Dre, and his take on the digital world. Check it out:

Exclusive Interview With MC Ren (July '09)

In addition to the interview, we also have the final mix CDQ version of the first single, "Renincarnated", which we brought you last week. The original version we were sent wasn't the correct mix, we've just received an updated version, check it out below:

MC Ren - Renincarnated (Final Mix)

This is stream only. Look for the downloadable version dropping on iTunes soon.

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
villain is too fucking old for this shit :D:D 8)
''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

Blasphemy

www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn connected with the legendary MC Ren for an interview to get the scoop on the villain's upcoming album "Renincarnated", which is dropping later this year. Ren tells us about his upcoming single, what we can expect from the album, why it was so long in the making and what his mindstate was when recording it. He talks about why he chose to make this a true solo record and have no features on it, and who he chose to produce for him. We then talk about the state of Hip-Hop, new artists, his relationship with Dr. Dre, and his take on the digital world. Check it out:

Exclusive Interview With MC Ren (July '09)

In addition to the interview, we also have the final mix CDQ version of the first single, "Renincarnated", which we brought you last week. The original version we were sent wasn't the correct mix, we've just received an updated version, check it out below:

MC Ren - Renincarnated (Final Mix)

This is stream only. Look for the downloadable version dropping on iTunes soon.

fuck I want a DL anyways, ask him about the 2 singles he originally had, and if renincarnated will sound anything like his 2006 Maxi Single with Jon Doe. (I can post a link if you want a listen nima, so you don't go in Empty handed lol).

Glad he won't feature anyone. I mean it be sad not to hear him and cube or any of the other people he worked with in the past, but its good to finally hear 1 guy on a record and just vibe solo.

Also any news if any of his singles will be featuring a video?

acgrundy

Dubcnn:  Not necessarily buying it, cause ain't too many West Coast artists even dropping albums for you to listen to them, but I'm saying..

Oh yeah, online and shit. I got love for Daz, Kurupt, niggas like that, I got love for them. I've never met The Game personally, but he's still my nigga. He came out and represented for us, when he came out he was putting it out, he's tight. Niggas like that. Crazy Toones, Cube, all them niggas. But as far as new artists, it's a billion muthafuckas coming out every day trying to be rappers! I ain't even gonna say MC's, cause it's only a few MC's. I'm saying just rappers. Everybody and their mama trying to be rappers! So it's like, we can't even keep up with all that shit! It's like a plague spreading and shit, everyday new artists. A lot of these muthafuckas be wack. Everybody ain't gotta get into Hip-Hop and do music! Nigga go play a violin, play bass, play a guitar, play jazz. They might have more luck in that shit! Cause these niggas just be garbage, niggas is garbage. A lot of these muthafuckas don't have no directions! Shit ain't evolving with these niggas. Niggas is wack out here

Can't say it any better myself

G-Funk

much better.

mrkmaidog

dope interview... singles not bad, its a grower. production could be much better. ren stays killin the mic. sucks that he hasn't done aNy work with Cube or Dre lately... man we need a MC REN & GAME collabo... they both give each other props, so this gotta happen.... hoping this new album will be tight.

The_Offence

i don't care how many times they mix this shit this shit is still wack dude sounding like he's still in 1980 give it up ren your career is over the wes is the only coast where its kool to be olkd ass hell and still rapping at least niggaz like mack 10 getting there swag up :D

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Props Nima!!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

b.laden

good interview Nima !

The Watcher

Dubcnn:  Not necessarily buying it, cause ain't too many West Coast artists even dropping albums for you to listen to them, but I'm saying..

Oh yeah, online and shit. I got love for Daz, Kurupt, niggas like that, I got love for them. I've never met The Game personally, but he's still my nigga. He came out and represented for us, when he came out he was putting it out, he's tight. Niggas like that. Crazy Toones, Cube, all them niggas. But as far as new artists, it's a billion muthafuckas coming out every day trying to be rappers! I ain't even gonna say MC's, cause it's only a few MC's. I'm saying just rappers. Everybody and their mama trying to be rappers! So it's like, we can't even keep up with all that shit! It's like a plague spreading and shit, everyday new artists. A lot of these muthafuckas be wack. Everybody ain't gotta get into Hip-Hop and do music! Nigga go play a violin, play bass, play a guitar, play jazz. They might have more luck in that shit! Cause these niggas just be garbage, niggas is garbage. A lot of these muthafuckas don't have no directions! Shit ain't evolving with these niggas. Niggas is wack out here

Can't say it any better myself

agreed. what happened to just being a fan?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Maybe I am reading too much into what Ren is saying, but did it seem to anyone else he was reassuring the album was going to drop a little too much? I don't know if he is thinking he is going to have problems dropping the album or if he thinks it will do well or not but he spent quite a bit of time it seemed convincing Nima it will drop and it dope lol. Either way great interview and I hope it does drop.

kuruptDPG

my god its been that long he met up with dre? thats a discgrace, why split up with a homie that you made history with but ren aint the only 1, shocking. good interview, cant wait for his album, whether its just him on it or not, still better be dope. tha chill will produce bangers for him hopfully.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Maybe I am reading too much into what Ren is saying, but did it seem to anyone else he was reassuring the album was going to drop a little too much?
I don't know if he is thinking he is going to have problems dropping the album or if he thinks it will do well or not but he spent quite a bit of time it seemed convincing Nima it will drop and it dope lol.

to me i sounded like Nima had more doubts than Ren  :P :laugh: ;)

Probably a bit of both :)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Maybe I am reading too much into what Ren is saying, but did it seem to anyone else he was reassuring the album was going to drop a little too much?
I don't know if he is thinking he is going to have problems dropping the album or if he thinks it will do well or not but he spent quite a bit of time it seemed convincing Nima it will drop and it dope lol.

Lol. No diss at all I enjoyed the interview but man how many times can you say it WILL DROP and it's dope. It's not like he is a new artist, this is Ren we talking about here.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Exclusive Interview With MC Ren + Final Mix Of "Renincarnated" (Audio)
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 08:24:42 AM »
thanks Nima, it's nice to see MC Ren keeping in touch with dubcnn.

Dubcnn:  Subject matter wise, you seemed to have always stayed on the same tip that you were on in the N.W.A. days. You never changed your formula, as opposed to a lot of your old partners. Is that what we can expect from the new album? Raw & uncut?

It's just me. I don't know how to explain it, it's just me. I ain't changed. To me, I got tighter. When you hear the whole album, you'll be like "the nigga got tighter!" Back when we did a lot of them records, niggas was hella young, voice wasn't even really matured and shit. I'm tighter now. I'm not saying that on no cocky shit, but I'm just saying, to me, I feel tighter.
:-\ you know i'm not knocking him for the subject matter, cause that's what he's known for, so that's fine.
i like MC Ren, but how the hell can you say that you've gotten better when you've fallen off recently  :P
ok on this song it's not that bad, but when listening to the 2 tracks from 2008, it sounds like he got a new handicap  :-\

i know for a fact that Ren can come much stronger.
he's right that it it ain't the name that stands for quality production, but he does need proper guidance, no matter from who it is.
by the way, the instrumental of the single starts off great, like there's something big coming, but it turns out to be an illusion: overall it's quite repetitive.

Lol. No diss at all I enjoyed the interview but man how many times can you say it WILL DROP and it's dope. It's not like he is a new artist, this is Ren we talking about here.
even though i'm still curious, i'm not holding my breath for it.
i like the fact that MC Ren is back, but he has a lot of catching up to do