Author Topic: Pics of UNI5 recording sessions.  (Read 268 times)

Portugoal

Pics of UNI5 recording sessions.
« on: August 01, 2009, 06:35:32 AM »
Taken from Krayzie's myspace.

JohnnyL

Re: Pics of UNI5 recording sessions.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:48 AM »
 Good deal.  I was wondering what had been happening with this album.  I hadn't heard any update about it in a while.  Glad to see they're still working on it.  And is that Dj Uneek with them in the last pic?  That would be dope to see them collaborating with Dj Uneek again.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 11:22:59 AM »
Oh shit Flesh! What went down with that anyway? Last I heard he said the gun belonged to his wife who is a police officer.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »
The last picture is the best. Bone without U-Neek is almost like doing a Cypress album with no Muggs. Such a important element to their sound. Can't wait for this album.

JohnnyL

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 11:32:28 AM »
The last picture is the best. Bone without U-Neek is almost like doing a Cypress album with no Muggs. Such a important element to their sound. Can't wait for this album.

Agreed.  Most of their classic shit was produced by U-Neek.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »

Other than their EP, pretty much the order their albums came out rank the same for me. Unfortunately for me IMO they have gotten progressively worse and each one after another had less and less U-Neek on it. I am not going to say he is the only reason, hell they only had 3 members on the koch album and Strength & Loyalty, but it is good to see everyone back now. I see no reason why they can't put together a album on the level or comparable with E 1999 or Resurrection

JohnnyL

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »

Other than their EP, pretty much the order their albums came out rank the same for me. Unfortunately for me IMO they have gotten progressively worse and each one after another had less and less U-Neek on it. I am not going to say he is the only reason, hell they only had 3 members on the koch album and Strength & Loyalty, but it is good to see everyone back now. I see no reason why they can't put together a album on the level or comparable with E 1999 or Resurrection

Yeah.  I don't think U-Neek's absence was the only reason their later work suffered.  But I agree that it was definitely a factor.  I mean, if I remember correctly I think Yella provided one or two real dope tracks for them, early on.  But I think most of those great early tracks were Dj U-Neek production.  I'm not sure I've even heard all of their more recent work.  I've definitely lost track of all their solo stuff, and  I think there might have been a couple group cd's release between "Thug World Order" and "Strength and Loyalty" that were released independently.   Personally, I thought "Stength & Loyalty" was a big improvement over "Thug World Order."  But I think it still suffered from having no Dj U-Neek production and having no Flesh or Bizzy Bone.   

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 12:56:36 PM »
LOL @ Layzie without a fro!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 01:07:23 PM »

Yeah.  I don't think U-Neek's absence was the only reason their later work suffered.  But I agree that it was definitely a factor.  I mean, if I remember correctly I think Yella provided one or two real dope tracks for them, early on.  But I think most of those great early tracks were Dj U-Neek production.  I'm not sure I've even heard all of their more recent work.  I've definitely lost track of all their solo stuff, and  I think there might have been a couple group cd's release between "Thug World Order" and "Strength and Loyalty" that were released independently.   Personally, I thought "Stength & Loyalty" was a big improvement over "Thug World Order."  But I think it still suffered from having no Dj U-Neek production and having no Flesh or Bizzy Bone.   

I liked their last album but like you said it still was missing Bizzy and Flesh and U-Neek. You can't just put them with any producer and the make it work. They have such a unique sound and like their name says they are in harmony musically. That is why you take a Bizzy out as musical as Krazyie is you can still hear that Bizzy was missing. His harmonizing and flow meshed so well. And U-Neek just had those bomb ass beats back in the day. I had him in my Top 5 producers for a looooooong time.

westside159

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »
haha Layzie Bone got the smooth waves going on and cut his hair ,  cool pics  !!!!! 8)

westside159

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »
What is the official release date for the Uni 5 album ?  hope it drops this year 8) 8)

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 11:44:39 PM »
good pics

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 01:33:13 AM »
What is the official release date for the Uni 5 album ?  hope it drops this year 8) 8)

was june 30th and so far its sticking at september 22nd... fuck pictures I wanna hear a track!