Author Topic: Last Meal coulda been classic, "Paid Da Cost.." won't even come close......  (Read 378 times)

budsmokeronly

Re:Last Meal coulda been classic, "Paid Da Cost.." won't even come close.....
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2002, 10:22:14 PM »
^^^^^ I do not agree at all.  Just listen to these songs that snoop was part of that are off the hizzle, yet he doesn't come with that caliber very often on his own album

on the blvd
the wash
fuck what they say
so hard
in da game f/ heavy hittaz
family reunion
boss up
hey you
catastrophic
No backtrackin
Purple
Nightmares
21'st street
It''s the DOG
Mission Cleopatra
Pimp On
Welcome to ATL the remix

yet on his album he comes with many songs that he does not come as tight as he does on all the above mentioned songs.  If he had an album with all those songs I listed it would be a very good album.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2002, 10:55:22 PM »
this has nutin to do wit changing style so snoop dickriders dont give me this bull shit about how snoop changed his style.  I listen to a new snoop track it sounds like 80% of tha time he could care less he jus went in tha studio 2 make some quick ends.  u listen to anything pre 96 an everything he did sounded great.  he could of rapped abou makin a tunafish sandwich an it would of been dope.  now u could hear in his voice he dont give a fuck.  that has nutin to do wit changin up your style,  that has 2 do wit not givin a fuck anymore

Myrealname

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2002, 04:42:38 AM »
I'd like to "see" bad azz and tha eastsidaz on 'Paid the cost...'

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2002, 08:44:48 PM »
I agree Tha Last Meal was nearly classic.  I love the production, Snoop's flow, and Kokane's hooks (so what if he's on half of the tracks, they're all dope).  I would cut the Game Court skit and Back up off me and Leave me Alone.  Damn, why does everyone hate on Brake Fluid??  That song is tight!

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2002, 10:57:54 PM »
it could be much doper, but no classic, i mean not in the way doggystyle, dogg food are classics... he should have taken off those bad songs ya`ll mentioned and put Purple, Back up Ho and Backtrackin on there, those 3 songs are tighter than anything on there (only Lay Low is better) , why are there so much stupid decisions made in the music industry? I mean Snoops new single choice?, it`s ok, but if he dropped "That`s the shit" it would be much bigger or that other Neptunes track (you can hear a bit in the background in Da Chuuch Video) already sound much better.

thats real talk!! i dont know why back up hoe, purple and backtrackin were left off the album.. .cuz those songs were banging!!!

and that first single just isnt catchy enough.. its going to go straight over everyones head.. i think a remix should have been done for that song cause it sounds like a filler song.
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2002, 11:48:10 PM »
Man, Brake Fluid mighta been the tightest song on that album! I can't believe you didn't like it, LOL.  That stuff was hilarious.  Snoop can friekin' FLOW yall.  My favorite part was in the first couple verses he says "As I lean with my hand on my balls, I had to ... " and then on the last verse he reverses it around a little bit, I thought the whole song was dope.  

Myrealname

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2002, 01:40:53 AM »
Compare the 3 singles from Last meal with the 3 from Paid the cost...

"Snoop dogg" (prod.by timbaland) is better than "From the chuuch to the palace" (prod.by neptunes).
The 2nd single from PTCTBTB will (probably) be "Beautiful" feat.charlie wilson prod.by the neptunes.....i haven't heard this song but im pretty sure "Lay low" is better than this one (see=dre behind the boards).
"Loosen control" is a garbage song to me,wack single...the 3rd single from paid the cost... will probably be "Ballin",better than the last single from Last meal.

Black Pack

• Lil Geezy
  • whaat?
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2002, 08:54:22 AM »
Last Meal cudda been a classic? Please Dawg, don't bullshit yourself. Last Meal was wack, definetly NOT a classic. The only Snoop album which you can call classic is "Doggystyle".
I don't even look out for Snoop anymore. Doggystyle's one of my favorite albums EVER, but nothing Snoop's put out after that even compares.

"Blew the whole shit up on some 'what this button do ?'" - MF Doom
"Ignorance is an option, not genetic"-Aphter LyphE7