Author Topic: 24hourhiphop.com Interview with: Kane Beatz  (Read 657 times)

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
24hourhiphop.com Interview with: Kane Beatz
« on: July 26, 2009, 01:10:50 AM »
http://24hourhiphop.com/hip+hop+Next%20In%20Line/Kane/1459/

24: How did you get signed to Mike Caren (Atlantic Records Senior VP of A&R) artist publishing group?
Kane: He had heard some of my music on Soundclick, so ever since I was 16 I would send him track’s on the regular just grinding and one day a couple of his artist loved the music and from there the rest was history.

24: During the time you were first sending Mike Caren your beats and nothing was immediately happening did you get discourage at all?
Kane: Definitely, I remember one time he told me to send some track’s to another A&R because I was just sending shit every chance I got plus he’s a busy person so it took a minute but everything paid off in the long run.

24: I hear you were making about 2,3 thousand a month from selling beats on the internet tell me a little more about that?
Kane: It got to the point where I quit my job because I was making that much money off of my beats on there. It’s a lot of artist who rap and Soundclick is just a great outlet for that, and I was not even trying to put out my bangers I was just trying to make some beats real fast. I started leasing out beats to artist and after a while I became #1 on there.

24: I read that you were 20, so at what age did you start making beats?
Kane: I started making beats when I was about 15 but I didn’t take it that serious until my senior year in High School so 17 or 18.

24: How did you feel when you found out you landed a track on Trick Daddy latest album Back By Thug demand?
Kane: I didn’t even know for a minute and I thought the track was going to end up on Webbie or Boosie album and when I went down to sign with Mike Caren, he was like I want you to listen to this track and just played the whole song for me and I started tripping it was a crazy feeling.

24: Who are some of the other artist you have worked with so far?
Kane: Sean Paul, B.G., Chamillionarie, Plies, Brisco, Rob G, and Scrappy. I’m just grinding.

24: Chamillionaire was quoted saying “He’s an up and coming producer but his tracks sound raw as a vet.” That was a hell of a complement, but do you feel any pressure by that?
Kane: I don’t really feel any pressure because I feel like my track’s back it up for me, and Chamillionarie actually wanted to sign me also, but I already had signed with Mike. I was in the studio playing beats for him and he was tripping over all of them it felt real good him and Plies showed my a whole lot of love.

24: They are some critics out there that say your beats sound like The Runners, what are your thoughts about that?
Kane: My sound has always been like that, but after “Tuck Ya Ice” I said to myself, no more beats like that one but at the same time people have to understand until you get through the door you can’t just do what ever you want. It’s until after when you get a little breathing room you can, and that’s in Hip Hop period. For example, the new tracks I did with Chamillionarie sound nothing like “Tuck Ya Ice” its crazy.

24: You recently were in the March/April Scratch Magazine so tell me what that meant to you?
Kane: It was real big for me that is a magazine that I really read so to see myself and to have an article in there it was huge for me especially on the first page of the Front Lines section.

24: Who are some of the people you are hoping to work with in the near future?
Kane: I’m trying to work with the entire south. I want to work with so of my favorite artist like a T.I., Lil Wayne and also branch out and work with some West Coast and East Coast artist too.

24: I know there will be a lot of new young producers out there that will relate to you and be inspired by your story, so what advice would you give them as far as trying to get into the music industry?
Kane: For me I feel like if you go at the music side hard you don’t have to worry about having posters or printing up T-Shirts, etc. I think if your music is crazy people are going to eventually come to you. That’s one of the reasons why I respect what Plies is doing so much, he hit the streets first and the labels came to him.

24: Any last words?
Kane: Stay grinding and I’m happy to be apart of this whole South Florida Movement and soon the whole world will see the South is much more then just grills and candy paint.

Interview by: Jay Carter

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Re: 24hourhiphop.com Interview with: Kane Beatz
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »
dope

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 10:51:08 PM »
Good little interview

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:24:09 PM »
Good read. Well done Kane,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:39:03 PM »
dudes' beats sux though imo
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »
dudes' beats sux though imo

which tracks ain't you feelin?? u prolly just ain't down with the whole south shiii...Kane the modern day Mannie Fresh...the kid got next 8)