Author Topic: Laptop Problems  (Read 112 times)

LONDON!!

Laptop Problems
« on: August 03, 2009, 01:38:14 AM »
i'm not a computer whizzkid or anything, but yeah, i'm using my cousin's laptop which is pretty powerful until i can get a new charger for my own laptop

i just need to know if you can upgrade the memory on the laptop and how you would do it, because my laptop is only 80gb i i've only got 8gb space left, i need more gb asap, you see what i'm saying, feedback would be appreciated
"get this money by any means nessassary"

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Re: Laptop Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:46:20 AM »
u mean you wanna upgrade the Hard drive not the memory(ram)

u can buy urself a new laptop hard drive and put it in a external box that hooks it up to the usb port and copy ur old hard drive data to the new one using a ghost boot cd and then just swap the drive out with the new one and it should boot up with all ur old stuff and plenty extra room according to how big a hard drive u buy

u should have some one with experience guide u first had though not over the internet
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 01:47:54 AM by .:TimeLock:. »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 02:38:24 AM »
I've recently upgraded from a 60gb to a 100gb, installation was a breeze. My hp laptop is about 5-6 years old. You can find easy to follow 'how to' guides online.

LONDON!!

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 02:43:23 AM »
props people for the information, it looks like it is very technical, i'll just get someone else to do it for me, props

Matty

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 06:51:51 AM »
just get a usb based external hard drive and move media files over to it. easier than swapping out an internal laptop drive.

LONDON!!

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 07:41:59 AM »
that sounds a lot easier, i'll definetly try that, props people for the feedback