Author Topic: Arsenal to Play Celtic - Battle of Britain in Champions League Play-Off  (Read 604 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
NO MORE WAR

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Re: Arsenal to Play Celtic - Battle of Britain in Champions League Play-Off
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »
Arsenal deserved their win, but i thought Celtic acquitted themselves very well. On another night it could have quite easily have been 0 - 0. We stopped Arsenal playing and N'Guemo was superb in breaking everything up. Outside of the 2 goals, how many clear cut chances did Arsenal have?

Absoultely no disgrace in unluckily losing to a team who's one summer signing cost more than our entire team.

The Maestro

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 02:15:20 PM »
That was easy, without our best players on the pitch. Imagine if Arshavin played 90 mins, RvP played and Cesc, Walcott, Rosicky and Nasri was fit  8)

And before the Celts start moaning, I know Eduardo dived, no doubt about that.

Great goal by Donati though!

kemizt

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »
I can't say a word, cause Arsenal is my fav English team, and Celtic is my fav Scottish team.

But i think the best team advanced.

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »
Sporting played well and should have advanced :'(
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 05:20:33 PM »
That was easy

Well summarised kid.
NO MORE WAR

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 05:23:30 PM »
I can't say a word, cause Arsenal is my fav English team, and Celtic is my fav Scottish team.

But i think the best team advanced.

I think it's fairly evident you didn't watch the game.

Arsenal have the stronger squad and the better manager and 99 times out of 100 they would advance.

It's hard to watch that over 180 minutes and not want to stick your head through a wall though.

Horrible bastards who I used to have love for. Sorry KDub.
NO MORE WAR

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 06:30:38 PM »
That was easy

Well summarised kid.

Well it was. Your team never really had a chance. You guys had one shot against goal, at the 91st minute, which lead to a great goal (which I stated above). All I really waited for was Caldwell losing his temper (cause he can't lose any more pace) and get sent off, haha. Where were your midfielders? Your attackers? Nowhere... They got played around and out. Hell, even Gallas and Vermaelen came up running with the ball. Like I said, this wasn't our best 11 either...

Horrible bastards who I used to have love for. Sorry KDub.

You don't have to be sorry - it's ok.
I don't really care.

FOOTBALL IS DEAD

Haha, so this is the worst five you've ever seen?
Why don't you take a quick look at this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/0I8p_CRR3Bk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/0I8p_CRR3Bk</a>
And that was just the first expample that popped up in my head.
Claiming football is dead with the Eduardo dive, pffft...

And I Laughed Out Loud when I saw the thread you made (which was prefectly locked by the way, Jome). What made you really sink that low? Cause it was decision that went against your own team?
I've lost alot of respect for you now...

kemizt

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 07:11:39 PM »
OK. So much to say, so little time.

1) - "Your team never really had a chance". Wrong. Over the 2 legs, 5-1 is a horribly unjustified scoreline. 1st half of the 1st leg we had the better of the play and got deflated by one of the luckiest and worst goals I've ever had the bad fortune of seeing. 1st half of the 2nd leg we played well enough and we all know what happened from there.

2) - Wrong, I locked the thread myself.

3) - You think I've never seen a dive before? Wrong. Doesn't make him any less of a cunt just because other people dive. What a fucking stupid attitude. Everyone else does it so it's ok for that spic bastard?

4) - I reacted this way because a decision went against my team? Lol. Wrong. Imagine having the idiocy and simplicty of mind to think that way. I don't blame the ref 10% as much as I blame that cunt. Can't even bring myself to say his name. It's not a bad decision. It's just a horrible, horrible human.

You win some, you lose some but having to watch good, honest, hard-working teams succumb to low-life despicable cheating like that is too much sometimes.
NO MORE WAR

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 07:27:29 PM »
It was a dive but its not like the game was 0-0 and you were all over us, we were comfortable and had a 2 goal lead and you never looked like scoring. Besides its not like thats the first time there's ever been an obvious dive ::) Rooney at Old Trafford taking a dive to end our unbeaten streak ring any bells? But ofcourse this is Arsenal who's involved so it's 'shocking' 'unsporting' 'cheating' :-X even if you took away the penalty, the 'lucky' gallas goal and the OG (poor defending) we still would of won 2-1 and Celtic never looked like scoring even in the 1st half of the 1st leg, however it was a great goal and once again we fail at keeping a clean sheet >:(

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 11:10:24 PM »
You are overreacting, Mac.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:29 AM »
OK. So much to say, so little time.

1) - "Your team never really had a chance". Wrong. Over the 2 legs, 5-1 is a horribly unjustified scoreline. 1st half of the 1st leg we had the better of the play and got deflated by one of the luckiest and worst goals I've ever had the bad fortune of seeing. 1st half of the 2nd leg we played well enough and we all know what happened from there.

2) - Wrong, I locked the thread myself.

3) - You think I've never seen a dive before? Wrong. Doesn't make him any less of a cunt just because other people dive. What a fucking stupid attitude. Everyone else does it so it's ok for that spic bastard?

4) - I reacted this way because a decision went against my team? Lol. Wrong. Imagine having the idiocy and simplicty of mind to think that way. I don't blame the ref 10% as much as I blame that cunt. Can't even bring myself to say his name. It's not a bad decision. It's just a horrible, horrible human.

You win some, you lose some but having to watch good, honest, hard-working teams succumb to low-life despicable cheating like that is too much sometimes.

1) I have to admit, I didn't have the chance to see the first leg, but "one of the worst and luckiest goals ever"? Fine that's on you then. Guess you don't watch that much football.
You didn't play bad last night, you just don't have that last few touches to create a real good chance. The shots on target speaks for themselves.

2) Fine, but it was a horrible and very unnecessary thread. Should've been deleted.

3) No, I hate diving. It's not okay for anyone to dive. I was kinda pissed at Eduardo last night. Diving is wrong - no matter who does it. No need for racial insults.

4) "Can't even bring myself to say his name." Wow, you're bitter. That's low. Like I said, there have been worse dives! As Antonio said, you are clearly overreacting. We had the game in our hand with two away goals. I'd understand if the score was 0-0 and this dive tipped off the scale, as Makaveli's F&L pointed out.

kemizt

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 08:52:38 AM »
The better team over both legs who were the team who created the most chances have proceeded to the group stages.

Yes Eduardo dived, but this wasn't a clinching moment in the game.  Players dive, wrong decisions happen, thats football.

Stats from both games are below:

1st leg

Celtic   Team Statistics   Arsenal
0   Goals                   2
0   1st Half Goals   1
1   Shots on Target   4
1   Shots off Target   4
0   Blocked Shots   2
3   Corners           2
16   Fouls                   9
3   Offsides           3
3   Yellow Cards   1