Poll

Who is the better LYRICIST?

Chef
34 (66.7%)
Joey
17 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Raekwon vs. Joe Budden  (Read 4062 times)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Raekwon vs. Joe Budden
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2009, 01:45:06 AM »

well he'll always be known for Pump It Up regardless, just like Rae will ONLY be remembered for Wu-Tang! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

don't give me that OB4CL, yeah it's a classic, but heard by maybe 50% of hip hop fans, today.

cause every single hiphop fan knows Joe Budden's entire discography?  you're falling short of arguments  ;)
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Kool Beenz

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2009, 02:26:28 AM »
And the Budden stans are really reaching.  Now the cutoff date was 5 years ago?  Who the fuck is making these rules? 

It's an absolutely ridiculous statement saying that you can't count anything before that.  first, even if you want to only count the last 5 years I'd still take Rae easily.  2nd, Budden isn't even remotely near Rae's class.  When Budden has a hand in several classic albums then he can be entered into the debate. But he hasn't even come close to that, which is why this whole thing is such a joke.   

And keep spouting off about how Rae is giving Joe free promo, lol.  Slaughterhouse only sold 25k so I don't think that arguement works.  Further, yes there are def more Budden topics right now than ever, ironically none of which are the effect of Joe doing something prolific on the mic.  It's because he ran his mouth like an idiot and got punched in the face, lol.

And that will be Budden's legacy.  The chance he had to do something dope like SH, he fucked it up.  He'll always be known for getting socked in the face and pump pump pump it up.

well he'll always be known for Pump It Up regardless, just like Rae will ONLY be remembered for Wu-Tang! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

don't give me that OB4CL, yeah it's a classic, but heard by maybe 50% of hip hop fans, today.

what rules are you talking about? actually, scratch that; what are you talking about at all? lmao

Monday, August 17th 2009; who is the better rapper? Joe Budden, you don't even have an arguement, you have to dig back in the crates for credible Raekwon lol.

& LOL SLAUGHTERHOUSE ONLY PUT OUT 25K ALBUMS! :laugh:

face it, you're a hater; you opinion is worthless, you might as well stop coming into threads; i don't know the purpose of you even wasting your time, you're certainly not convincing me with you're BIASED ass arguement lol.

LOL THE MOST @ "when Joe Budden hands in SEVERAL classic albums.

Rae was part of Wu-Tang, which would have been classic albums, group, impact, without him LOL & he has one classic to his name, relax! :laugh:

only classic album Budden has now is Slaughterhouse

your should just change your name from Chamilitary Click to Joe Buddens Dick
i mean your the homie and all but damn i cant believe you think Joe is better then a legend like Rae

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2009, 03:16:22 AM »
As a lyricist, Joe kills Rae.

In any other category though, you could argue either side accurately..

This poll was about lyrics, that's writing.

Start pasting lyrics, you'll see soon why Joe got it...

Paul

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2009, 04:43:03 AM »

This poll was about lyrics, that's writing.

No1 stated that
funkyfreshintheflesh

Jaydc555

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2009, 05:47:30 AM »
20 of the 27 votes were by people who didnt even listen to the songs posted,and have probably never actually listened to joe budden.The other seven were people who would vote against joe budden even if the poll was joe budden vs soulja boy.Who care.Let them listen to raekwons extremely overrated ass.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2009, 06:44:12 AM »
20 of the 27 votes were by people who didnt even listen to the songs posted,and have probably never actually listened to joe budden.The other seven were people who would vote against joe budden even if the poll was joe budden vs soulja boy.Who care.Let them listen to raekwons extremely overrated ass.

ok we understand..its been made clear

we must listen to buddens entire discography at least seven times...and even in the event we do this and still dont see how he is "the greatest alive"...we are haters

and thank you for lettin us listen to raekwons "extremely overated ass " have fun listenin to whats-his-face

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2009, 07:55:42 AM »

we must listen to buddens entire discography at least seven times...and even in the event we do this and still dont see how he is "the greatest alive"...we are haters

and thank you for lettin us listen to raekwons "extremely overated ass " have fun listenin to whats-his-face
+1, good post
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,

Paul

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2009, 08:03:14 AM »

+1, good post
funkyfreshintheflesh

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2009, 09:57:04 AM »
its personal opinion. you guys are out to prove that budden is better. well its not possible because thats your opinion! at least rae has a classic under his belt, which is one more than joe budden has. that is the only thing that hip-hop heads are gonna agree on. joe budden probably will make a classic (once he gets some decent production and mixing) but until then ill be waiting.

cuban linx 2 might even turn out to be another classic but i highly doubt that

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »
its personal opinion. you guys are out to prove that budden is better. well its not possible because thats your opinion! at least rae has a classic under his belt, which is one more than joe budden has. that is the only thing that hip-hop heads are gonna agree on. joe budden probably will make a classic (once he gets some decent production and mixing) but until then ill be waiting.

cuban linx 2 might even turn out to be another classic but i highly doubt that

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/10563/raekwon_cuban_revolution.html  dont say all that.  stop imagining and turn it up

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2009, 11:00:44 AM »
And the Budden stans are really reaching.  Now the cutoff date was 5 years ago?  Who the fuck is making these rules? 

It's an absolutely ridiculous statement saying that you can't count anything before that.  first, even if you want to only count the last 5 years I'd still take Rae easily.  2nd, Budden isn't even remotely near Rae's class.  When Budden has a hand in several classic albums then he can be entered into the debate. But he hasn't even come close to that, which is why this whole thing is such a joke.   

And keep spouting off about how Rae is giving Joe free promo, lol.  Slaughterhouse only sold 25k so I don't think that arguement works.  Further, yes there are def more Budden topics right now than ever, ironically none of which are the effect of Joe doing something prolific on the mic.  It's because he ran his mouth like an idiot and got punched in the face, lol.

And that will be Budden's legacy.  The chance he had to do something dope like SH, he fucked it up.  He'll always be known for getting socked in the face and pump pump pump it up.

well he'll always be known for Pump It Up regardless, just like Rae will ONLY be remembered for Wu-Tang! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:don't give me that OB4CL, yeah it's a classic, but heard by maybe 50% of hip hop fans, today.

what rules are you talking about? actually, scratch that; what are you talking about at all? lmao

Monday, August 17th 2009; who is the better rapper? Joe Budden, you don't even have an arguement, you have to dig back in the crates for credible Raekwon lol.

& LOL SLAUGHTERHOUSE ONLY PUT OUT 25K ALBUMS! :laugh:

face it, you're a hater; you opinion is worthless, you might as well stop coming into threads; i don't know the purpose of you even wasting your time, you're certainly not convincing me with you're BIASED ass arguement lol.

LOL THE MOST @ "when Joe Budden hands in SEVERAL classic albums.

Rae was part of Wu-Tang, which would have been classic albums, group, impact, without him LOL & he has one classic to his name, relax! :laugh:

Cham i generally like you as a poster and respect the fact that you stick to your opinion no matter what. But to compare a mediocore track like pump it up to rae participating in one of the most influential and groundbreaking hip hop groups ever is to put it politely .....silly  ;) lol

i can see the confusion with how i said that, but i didn't mean the two in comparision; it was more along the lines "yeah, Joey will be remembered for Pump It Up, but Rae is only relevant & considered the status he is today because of Wu; without Wu, he is nothing."

+1, good post

lmao, how is that a good post at all? because it fights for your side of the arguement? :laugh:

what Jay said is true, most of you haven't heard any of his discography & the other voters, like he said, are going against Budden regardless the opponet.

Joe Budden can put out a modern day All Eyez On Me & it would receive as much hate as any other his other work, you guys are narrow minded, smh.

speaking of quotes like "ok we understand..its been made clear"; it's been made clear that a majority of this board is going against Joe Budden no matter the opponet, conversation, anything; it's against Joey, we get it; how many more threads like this have to be made & how many more posts have to be repeated until you guys have had enough? lol.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2009, 12:43:04 PM »

+1, good post

lmao, how is that a good post at all? because it fights for your side of the arguement? :laugh:

what Jay said is true, most of you haven't heard any of his discography & the other voters, like he said, are going against Budden regardless the opponet.

Joe Budden can put out a modern day All Eyez On Me & it would receive as much hate as any other his other work, you guys are narrow minded, smh.

speaking of quotes like "ok we understand..its been made clear"; it's been made clear that a majority of this board is going against Joe Budden no matter the opponet, conversation, anything; it's against Joey, we get it; how many more threads like this have to be made & how many more posts have to be repeated until you guys have had enough? lol.
I heard MM1-3, PR, HH, how's that none of his discography? you just eem to have taken a stand, to defend Joey no matter who anyone puts up against him. when people argue with you, you keep pulling that "nobody truly has listen to him", even though most people commenting in this thread has heard most of his music
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »
I've only read page 1 as i cba to read through all the bullshit of the other 2 pages but imo Joey's a better lyricist fair enough but Rae makes better music and OB4CL > any of Joe's mixtapes/street albums/retail albums. And again like i said in the Wu vs SH thread, u cant ignore all of Raes music pre-Budden because Joeys in his prime while Rae's time has come and gone tbf

These threads are so pointless, all that happens is the same thing which happens in every thread about Budden, everyone just dickrides and hates, only a few people are actually neutral but they get ignored ::)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 03:24:42 PM »

+1, good post

I heard MM1-3, PR, HH, how's that none of his discography? you just eem to have taken a stand, to defend Joey no matter who anyone puts up against him. when people argue with you, you keep pulling that "nobody truly has listen to him", even though most people commenting in this thread has heard most of his music

not true, they'll just tell you they "did".

EDIT: not true i always take Buddens side, i thought Saigon beat him in their beef...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:26:57 PM by Chamillitary Click »

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »
No contest.  Raekwon is not in the same league as Jumpoff

DIP DIP SET SET