Author Topic: Dre & Snoop - Next Episode OG - WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT  (Read 1178 times)

Blasphemy

Re: Dre & Snoop - Next Episode OG - WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »
Yer part of the reason was that Dre wasn't allowed to rap on Doggystyle for contractral reasons...
then why the hell did it make the final cut and the tracklist of the first pressing???

last minute problems?

No he's bullshiting. Only reason in the original pressing it didn't released was cause of the Sample fuck up. As such it was just scrapped.Later on the rerelease it wasn't added as a bonus track cause it was either 3 reasons 1.They just forgot about it 2. The Dr. Dre Lawsuit had the song of the list of items they can't release or 3.Again the Sample was still not cleared (I think it was a combination though).

Remember during the Rerelease they refused to clear another sample resulting in another song disappearing from the album. Next EP was on the Original Pressing, but never got into the released version do to a sampling issue. Hell the entire album was nearly scrapped if it wasn't for the skits.

1. They forgot about it?  Are you serious dude?
2. The Dre lawsuit?  What dre lawsuit?  There was no lawsuit back then.

The entire album was almost scrapped if it wasn't for the skits?  What??????

Origiinal release: Was prevented Via the Sample Issue.

2.Rerelease Could of been anything, The Dre lawsuit preventing his music form Death Row being released. COnsidering it was consider a Snoop Track it might probably slip through. Or they just never thought about it. I mean shit been a long time since the original release.

The Contract said the Album had to be at least a length of a Full LP. When they removed the Next Episode Dr. Dre had to add in all the skits (supposedly) in order for it to be shipped. All I remember is the Album was near Cancellation for some reason.

Efrain

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 06:55:15 PM »
Yer part of the reason was that Dre wasn't allowed to rap on Doggystyle for contractral reasons...
then why the hell did it make the final cut and the tracklist of the first pressing???

last minute problems?

No he's bullshiting. Only reason in the original pressing it didn't released was cause of the Sample fuck up. As such it was just scrapped.Later on the rerelease it wasn't added as a bonus track cause it was either 3 reasons 1.They just forgot about it 2. The Dr. Dre Lawsuit had the song of the list of items they can't release or 3.Again the Sample was still not cleared (I think it was a combination though).

Remember during the Rerelease they refused to clear another sample resulting in another song disappearing from the album. Next EP was on the Original Pressing, but never got into the released version do to a sampling issue. Hell the entire album was nearly scrapped if it wasn't for the skits.

1. They forgot about it?  Are you serious dude?
2. The Dre lawsuit?  What dre lawsuit?  There was no lawsuit back then.

The entire album was almost scrapped if it wasn't for the skits?  What??????

Dre's original 1992 artist recording contract with Death Row only consisted of granting a license to distribute the Chronic album in exchange for royalty payments. When Dre left Death Row and relinquished his 50% share in the company he also agreed to hand over copyrights to the album on the condition that he continue receiving royalties. Once the royalties stopped coming in 96, Dre sued for breaching the agreement. Of course, nothing happened so now fast-forward to 2000 Dre notifies Death Row that, due to their failure to pay the royalties, he was rescinding the two prior agreements and demanding the rights to the album be returned to him. Suge receives the court papers, throws them in the trash, business as usual.

NOW, in 2009 Dre sues the trustees in the bankruptcy proceedings asserting that because he rescinded the two previous agreement with Death Row, the trustees or any new owner (WIDEawake) shouldn't own the copyrights, Dre should. He's demanding that the rights be returned to him and because of the prior notice, he should be the rightful owner of the copyrights. Well, once again Dre got fucked and now that WIDEawake is releasing the Chronic and generating revenue off its sales, needless to say, Dre's a little miffed. This is what all the "put your money where you mouth is" talk is coming from with Dre's lawyer. They want to see Dre finally get some money coming in his direction again before they start helping out.   

It's a bad situation because Dre's been fucked out of those royalties for the better part of a decade... and even then they feel cheated out of sole ownership of the copyrights they feel they solely deserve.

WIDEawake definitely has their work cut out of them with respect to appeasing Dre. 

2euce 7even

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 01:59:45 AM »

last minute problems?

same w/ "g´z up hoes down" ft. hug.

it was the sample that caused them problems to release it.

JD Bastin

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 09:42:57 AM »
i got it CDQ but its mad expensive holmez

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 10:40:25 AM »
chad vader with his introvert sense of humor

btw th at post is like 700 days old son
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »
it should be dropping by the end of today
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 04:47:31 PM »
Last I heard DJ Glaze from Foesum is the only one that has the Next Episode OG.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

MarshColin

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 04:53:04 PM »

And WideAwake.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 05:01:27 PM »

And WideAwake.

Correct on both.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 08:09:44 PM »
it should be dropping by the end of today
says whom
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 12:38:38 AM »
i got it CDQ but its mad expensive holmez

why dont u just upload a 3sec. clip?... lol