Author Topic: Official Inglorious Basterds thread  (Read 1645 times)

JAZ

Re: Official Inglorious Basterds thread
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 02:54:32 AM »
it was okay. expected more i guess.

The Overfiend

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 06:47:08 AM »
So when are we going to get a Palestinian revenge film? With Palestinian 'basterds' skinning Israeli scalps and blowing up Ben-Gurion and Ariel Sharon while they sit in a movie theatre in Israeli Occupied Palestine?

Once upon a time in Israeli occupied Palestine

*SPOILERS*

I had mixed feelings about this movie.

It was very well made and had some classic Tarantino-esque scenes, overall a very very good movie, but not a great one.

I couldn't get into the whole revenge lust thing for the whole movie. The ending was good, I was feeling the revenge lust by then. I'm talking more about the atrocities committed by the basterds in the field; what was Tarantino trying to do, get people to revel in war atrocities?

That didn't stop me from enjoying it, but just wasn't feeling that aspect of it: I can't cheer while a Jew scalps a soldier and beats an officer to death. To me it seemed Tarantino was inviting the audience to do so, or testing to see if you would do so and join the Nazi film audience laughing and cheering the propaganda violence on film.

It was evident with the camera work that the real audience was drawn in with the Nazi audience who were watching 'Nation's Pride'.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:41:45 AM by Illuminati Clique »

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Inglorious Bastards thread
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 02:34:33 AM »
That Landa character was amazing.
i concur, not only the character, but the actor did it so perfectly, it was so hard to hate him, even though u wanted to

Jaydc555

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 11:57:45 PM »
good ass movie..ending was the shit
LOL how shccking a jew liked this movie

I thought it was average at best.The only redeeming thing about the movie was the character of landa.Everything else was poorly paced and I didnt give a fuck about any of the characters.Sure their was some great scenes,but great scenes do not make a great movie.Why is this even called inglorious basterds they were in it for all of half an hour.This movie was rushed into production and it was very easy to tell.Of course a a fantasy movie about jews getting to kill nazis is going to rate high when 90 percent of hollywood is jewish.
Its a 5 out of 10 for me.Quentin tarantino is easily the most overrated director of all time.

The Overfiend

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 12:17:19 AM »

I thought it was average at best.The only redeeming thing about the movie was the character of landa.Everything else was poorly paced and I didnt give a fuck about any of the characters.Sure their was some great scenes,but great scenes do not make a great movie.Why is this even called inglorious basterds they were in it for all of half an hour.This movie was rushed into production and it was very easy to tell.Of course a a fantasy movie about jews getting to kill nazis is going to rate high when 90 percent of hollywood is jewish.
Its a 5 out of 10 for me.Quentin tarantino is easily the most overrated director of all time.

Word.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 09:34:29 AM »
good ass movie..ending was the shit
LOL how shccking a jew liked this movie

right..i liked it cuz im jewish....and you're straight. :laugh:

bez

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2009, 11:47:50 AM »

Word.

Not word at all.

This film was all about entertainment. If you watch it thinking, 'that wouldn't happen' or 'that's bullshit' then obviously you're not going to like it. This movie was dope. The acting was brilliant and the characters were great. Even the bit with Mike Myers was brilliantly done. The way Tarantino used a phony English accent and basically twisted it or everyone who thinks that people from England speak like that. Just amazing. The ending was dope in the cinema. I felt like screaming 'whooooooo'. Then again I suppose most yanks wouldn't get it, as the British basically won World War 2 before they decided to jump on the winning sides dick. Typical. ha.

Jaydc555

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »

Word.

Not word at all.

This film was all about entertainment. If you watch it thinking, 'that wouldn't happen' or 'that's bullshit' then obviously you're not going to like it. This movie was dope. The acting was brilliant and the characters were great. Even the bit with Mike Myers was brilliantly done. The way Tarantino used a phony English accent and basically twisted it or everyone who thinks that people from England speak like that. Just amazing. The ending was dope in the cinema. I felt like screaming 'whooooooo'. Then again I suppose most yanks wouldn't get it, as the British basically won World War 2 before they decided to jump on the winning sides dick. Typical. ha.

LOL.This could be one of the dumbest paragraphs Ive ever read.The characters were great?No.One character was the rest werent thought out at all and had very little to do.
And I dislike the states just as much as the next man but you cant be serious.If they hadnt showed up you would all be speaking german right now.

Fraxxx

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 12:25:29 AM »

Word.

Not word at all.

LOL.This could be one of the dumbest paragraphs Ive ever read.The characters were great?No.One character was the rest werent thought out at all and had very little to do.
And I dislike the states just as much as the next man but you cant be serious.If they hadnt showed up you would all be speaking german right now.

It was a very funny, entertaining movie with one great character, Hans Landa, played by Austrian actor Christoph Waltz. Certainly not a great movie but entertaining enough to see it twice.

And Brits and Americans wouldn't have won WWII without the Soviets. Or they would've had to drop an atomic bomb on Germany. But thanks to the US that we wasn't ran over by the Soviets.  :cheers:
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

JohnnyL

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2009, 04:09:42 PM »

Word.

Not word at all.

You make a good point about a lot of the characters not being fleshed out.  This was particularly true with most of "The Basterds."  That was probably my biggest gripe with the film. The Landa character was brilliant though.  And as ridiculously over-the-top as he was, I also liked the Lt. Aldo Raine character.  I wouldn't really characterize Brad Pitt's performance as brilliant like Christoph Waltz's, but I did really like the character.  He had some pretty memorable lines.
  Regarding Bez Superstar's statement about the actual second World War, I'm not so sure it's as simple as saying either the United States or Britain single-handedly would have won the war.  True, the U.S. did take their time going into World War II.  But their "wait and see" attitude was largely inspired by Winston Churchill's own original approach to let Russia and Germany duke it out first and kill each other off.  Ultimately though, I think you'd have to say that the United States and Britain needed each other (not to mention the other allies-particularly Russia in Eastern Europe and China as pertained to the part of the war fought in the Pacific).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 06:54:45 PM by JohnnyL »

acgrundy

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »
Just saw this the other night.  Great fucking movie.  Perfect.  Tarintino's 3rd best.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 03:38:01 PM »
entertaining to watch but overall CRAP!   

typical hollywood pushing pro-jewish agenda, showing them as cool and smart and the germans high tempered, evil and stupid :-/ 
ending was stupid too, how could such a smart guy get fooled so easily by some brad pitt character who was very unconvincing

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »
I really don't think Tarantino wants to push a Pro Jewish agenda lol.  Tarantino is just making expensive ass B-movies. 

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »
I really don't think Tarantino wants to push a Pro Jewish agenda lol.  Tarantino is just making expensive ass B-movies. 

well that was the weird thing about it...why would such an accomplished guy have to make such a movie? i couldve understood if a new comer made it for ass kising but someone like tarantino didnt need to do it.  Unless if he felt like he needs to make up for the past  ;D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2010, 07:31:01 PM »

well that was the weird thing about it...why would such an accomplished guy have to make such a movie? i couldve understood if a new comer made it for ass kising but someone like tarantino didnt need to do it.  Unless if he felt like he needs to make up for the past  ;D

I think it really is as simple as him making a B movie, like the Dirty Dozen.  And the most recognizable war is World War II so it's just that.