Author Topic: The best thing 2pac ever did: Not going through with the beef with Ice Cube  (Read 842 times)

Okka

Lyrically Cube would have murdeder Tupac, i don't know about killin' his career though.

did you see Cube get OWNED by common?  he ran to the fucking REverand Ferrikan to squash the beef so he didnt have to reply.

I thought Common was scared to catch a beat-up? Was it Cube who decided to talk to Ferrikan?

famozni

• 'G'
whiy did common and cube had beef? can somebody explain it to me?

JD Bastin

common made the song "i used to love her"

cube went and made WEstside Slaughterhouse, attacking common in his first verse  (its a W.C. track)

common made a diss response (full fledged attack) and Cube called up Farrikhan to squash it

JD Bastin

Lyrically Cube would have murdeder Tupac, i don't know about killin' his career though.

Biggie LYRICALLY would've murdered 2pac, but he didn't have the gaul to reply until after PAc died

cube's diss track to eazy e was not very solid lyrically.  immature disses do not make a great diss track.  now, it was a VERY catchy song with solid energy from Cube's voice.  that works in his favor, but the lyrics were nothing special like what common did.

common teared Cube's tough guy image into shreds.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"

Biggie LYRICALLY would've murdered 2pac, but he didn't have the gaul to reply until after PAc died

cube's diss track to eazy e was not very solid lyrically.  immature disses do not make a great diss track.  now, it was a VERY catchy song with solid energy from Cube's voice.  that works in his favor, but the lyrics were nothing special like what common did.

Common is cool... BUt listening to his music recent;y
(I guess he divorced HER)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn this would have been crazy
but whats the deal wit this?
didnt know bout pac/cube have any beef?

who spoke on who first?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 01:43:08 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

JD Bastin

Common is cool... BUt listening to his music recent;y
(I guess he divorced HER)

i dont care for common anymore but that song ruined ice cube's tough guy persona

Okka

common made the song "i used to love her"

cube went and made Westside Slaughterhouse, attacking common in his first verse  (its a W.C. track)

It's Mack 10's song, it was on his first album.

Jimmy H.

Get outta here! "No Vasoline" was one of the hardest diss tracks ever. He came out swinging on that one.

As for the Pac-Cube "beef", I don't think it ever would have gone to that level but I'm also someone who doesn't view the simple exchange of disses as a "beef". Beef means if my people and your people are in the same room, drama is going to pop off. And Pac wasn't saying Cube didn't start repping Westside until whenever, he said Cube and them weren't making "Bow Down" kind of tracks before. It was kind of like that Outlawz line towards Xzibit, it wasn't a diss. More of a criticism. It's in how the individual takes it that decides what it will be.

JD Bastin

so making a bunch of jokes Eazy E and Jerry HEller is "hard"??

Common came with real facts about Cube being a phoney

Cube calls Eazy E gay.  very complx huh?

Jimmy H.

The thing is you can play down the affect of any good diss record. You could say all "Hit Em Up" was was Pac calling Biggie fat and talking about fucking his wife. Or all "Dre Day" and "Real Motherfuckin' G'z" were was Dre and Eazy trading gay jokes back and forth. "No Vasoline" isn't about Eazy being gay. He's saying Eazy selling out his boys in the group so that he and his manager can keep it for themselves and that the rest of N.W.A. are just fools being roped along. The song definitely was affective so you can't really say it failed. Facts certainly help in building a great diss record but in the end, the objective third party listener isn't likely to know which side of the story is true and in most cases, both versions will be exagerrated (in most cases, intentially so for comedic effect). It's more about perception. The majority of people will give Game credit for defeating 50 because 50's label has fallen in sales since the start of the beef. But does the fact that Game hasn't even jumpstarted his label yet and has never come close to outselling 50 as a solo artist ever come in to question? No, because Game is clever with the world play. Once the audience hears the clever line about G-Unit dropping bricks, their mind is made up whether the Soundscan numbers support it or not.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn real talk

The thing is you can play down the affect of any good diss record. You could say all "Hit Em Up" was was Pac calling Biggie fat and talking about fucking his wife. Or all "Dre Day" and "Real Motherfuckin' G'z" were was Dre and Eazy trading gay jokes back and forth. "No Vasoline" isn't about Eazy being gay. He's saying Eazy selling out his boys in the group so that he and his manager can keep it for themselves and that the rest of N.W.A. are just fools being roped along. The song definitely was affective so you can't really say it failed. Facts certainly help in building a great diss record but in the end, the objective third party listener isn't likely to know which side of the story is true and in most cases, both versions will be exagerrated (in most cases, intentially so for comedic effect). It's more about perception. The majority of people will give Game credit for defeating 50 because 50's label has fallen in sales since the start of the beef. But does the fact that Game hasn't even jumpstarted his label yet and has never come close to outselling 50 as a solo artist ever come in to question? No, because Game is clever with the world play. Once the audience hears the clever line about G-Unit dropping bricks, their mind is made up whether the Soundscan numbers support it or not.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Cube murdered Cypress Hill, on King of the Hill, don't know what you stans talking about

and Cube dropping No Vaseline on Pac would have put Pac on coolio status
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

OG Hack Wilson

just go listen to "the bitch in you" and tell me Cube is stilla credible lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens