Author Topic: pErDuCkShUn EkWitMiNt?  (Read 173 times)

Suga Foot

pErDuCkShUn EkWitMiNt?
« on: November 05, 2002, 06:43:45 PM »
I wanna buy some production eqipment.  I am under the impression that all you need is a good keyboard and a drum machine, is this true?  What more do i need?  I already got some killer speakers.  They are actual studio speakers.

KonSICKwence

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • STRAIGHT PIMP... what else is there to say?
Re:pErDuCkShUn EkWitMiNt?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 08:22:46 PM »
not true

you are gonna get a shit load of people replyin to this topic sayin different and sayin jsut get software but you cant have the same originality with software that you can wiht hardware equipment so scrap that idea.

so take it form someone who makes both keyboard  and productions containing a sampled melody in it. (sampling is not what you think so do soem reading up on it before you aht ebecuase your favorite producers sample and you dont even know it)

well anyway back to topic  

you need a good drum machine

you need a sampler/effect machine (even if you only gonna make keyboard beats it is mad useful for cuttin stuff up with and for =tweakeing yur own soudns and effecting and to do some tricks that you didnt even think possible)

you need a good sequencer one that will allow you too minimize down to each individual sample and work wiht it so youc an reverse invert and so forth an drop in where ever  like on the snare or hat for instance.

if your goin keyboard route get allt hat shit and cop a keyboard that supports MIDI it is MAAAAAAAAAAAD useful if nto you might as well buy fisher price shit.  

i also use a macki pre amp mixer for eq'in shit when recording to my sampler before effecting and putting into the sequencer.

and if you are gonna sample you will need

a turntable and DJ mixer to amplify yoru sound with RCA jackes from the turntable i prefer direct drive turntable cuz you will  get the actual pitch and can fuck around wiht shit and if you get into mixing and scratching it is bullshti to scratch with a belt drive supported unit.

and also you might wanna cop a condenser mic so you can record off like the radio or t.v. get osme nice vocal smaples

and some good headphones that allow you hear bass.

for an example my setup is :

2 Numark TT 100 Turntables

a Gemini UMX 5 Proffesional DJ Mixer

Shure m-47 cartridges ( needles for best quality sound and stability/durability)

a Zoom ST-224 SampleTrak (sampler/effect machine with onboard sequencer)

a Yamaha PSR 280 Keyboard

an Audio Techinica gold edition condenser microphone

a Mackie 1202 VLZ PRO MIC Pre amp/ mixer for eq'in shit and ampin my microphone

Sony MDR-702 headphones

and a BOSS DR-770 drum machine

my latest edition is the MPC 2000xl

i hope this helps.

and if you are still lookin for a sampler/effect machine and keyboard i am selling my  zoom st-224 sampletrak  i bought for 600$ and Yamaha psr-280 keyboard i bought for $220 i will go as low as common sense will let me they are both in perfect condition and i still hav ethe box for the yamaha keyboad.  get at me my e-mail is abeatztreat@aol.com  there isnothing wrong with them i just got the MPC 2000xl from a freind who bought the 4000xl they ar ein perfect condition and i can get picture to your e-mail. i jsut need to get rid of these cuz i need the money DESPERATELY i am getting my first crib and need as much cheese as i cna get.

pz

Ineffable

TEXT KonSICKwence's Ineffable Productionz... http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=24092 ..thanx..pz  .[/glow]

Suga Foot

Re:pErDuCkShUn EkWitMiNt?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 10:32:54 PM »
Thanks for all that