Poll

Who's the biggest legend.

Ice Cube
26 (60.5%)
Eazy-E
17 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Who has had a bigger influence on Rap? Ice Cube Or Eazy-E?  (Read 804 times)

Muhfukka

Re: Who has had a bigger influence on Rap? Ice Cube Or Eazy-E?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »
its not even about financing nwa, eazy is the one who put that whole attitude into the group. ice cube would probably be spitting some corny fresh prince type shit without eazy

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »
Whether they were written by Ice Cube or not is pretty irrelivant I would say, after all, Ice Cube wrote plenty of his own lyrics in NWA as wel but didn't quite get the stardom that Eazy did. With that said, Ice Cube definately had an incredible influence on Rap, however I doubt he would have at all if it wasn't for Eazy in the first place. Remember, without Eazy, there would be no NWA, and without Eazy's persistence to rap in a different style, Gangster Rap would never have been born, and without those two in place, no matter how dope Cube was, I doubt he would have had the mainstream exposure to make as big an influence as he did.

Co-sign!

really? I thought it was Cube who outshined all the rest on Straight Outta Compton.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 02:06:44 PM »
its not even about financing nwa, eazy is the one who put that whole attitude into the group. ice cube would probably be spitting some corny fresh prince type shit without eazy

What would make you assume that it was Eazy who put the attitude into the group? He didn't write any of the lyrics so what input did he have into them being hardcore? From what I've read about it, Eazy E didn't even want to rap in the first place. He was originally going to play the role of producer.

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 02:09:02 PM »
Who wrote all of Eazy E's raps?
Cube didn't even write all of his OWN lyrics at NWA

Explain. First time I heard Cube had a ghostwriter in the N.W.A. days.

They didn't write a verse each, sometimes they would hear a beat and Cube would pen the track, sometimes Ren would pen the track, sometimes D.O.C would pen the track, you get the picture. Then they would go in and rap their parts to each song.

Muhfukka

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 02:09:42 PM »

What would make you assume that it was Eazy who put the attitude into the group? He didn't write any of the lyrics so what input did he have into them being hardcore? From what I've read about it, Eazy E didn't even want to rap in the first place. He was originally going to play the role of producer.
nwa was his fuckin idea the entire concept of what nwa was came from him

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »

What would make you assume that it was Eazy who put the attitude into the group?

Ask Ice Cube himself, everyone admits it was Eazy who made them go in the direction of rapping about real shit that happened in the hood, originally they were planning to do some New York style party shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »

What would make you assume that it was Eazy who put the attitude into the group?

Ask Ice Cube himself, everyone admits it was Eazy who made them go in the direction of rapping about real shit that happened in the hood, originally they were planning to do some New York style party shit.

yeah okay, I've got his phone number right here.  :D

You can claim that all you want, unless you got a source its nothing.

They WERE doing party shit in the beginning. The first hardcore type songs they did were written by Ice Cube. Hell, Boyz in da Hood wasn't even originally written for N.W.A. If I had to guess, I'd say they saw the way people responded to that song and that's when they decided to go hardcore.

As far as rapping about real shit that happened in the hood, most of that definitely came from Ice Cube. Just compare Straight Outta Compton to Efil4zaggin. They stopped being political once Cube left, and started only rapping about sex and violence.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 02:43:56 PM »

Ice Cube didn't build a powerhouse

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 02:48:14 PM »
Eazy E brought everyone together and created gangsta rap. Eazy E lived and died gangsta shit! Get money! Get Clothes! Pop Guns! Fuck Hoes!...without condoms ofcourse

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »
trick question but let me try to answer like this.

bigger infuence on rap=easy e
better rapper = ice cube

easy e was and perhaps is more of a Godfather of a type of rap than ice cube as viewed to be, therefore his influence is larger and he created something out side of himself that became large beyond anything ice cube cosinged. bone thugs n harmony v.s. west side connection.. ice cube limited his influence by being such a personal person. easy e was more out there promoting a life style, simular to how 2 pac did. and it was ice cube that was once in easy's group not the other way around

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 03:46:44 PM »
definitely eazy. anyone saying otherwise is most likely a european

Lmao............Agree 100% Shyt The Whole Forum Full Of Em.................Personally Anyone That Knowz Its History Knowz That Eazy Is The Man In Cali....Him & Ice T Brought It To The Mainstream Like No Other....I Love Cube But We All Know That Eazy Made It Happen, Without Eazy, Cube Would Be Rappin In Kid & Play Or Somethin. Dre Woulda Joined Tiesto In The Long Run, Ren Would B Slangin Rocks At Crenshaw Blvd. Or Somewere & Yella Would B The New Ron Winters..... :D ;)   
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:54:19 PM by Ridah662 »

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
Eazy-E without a doubt. He kept it gangsta from the invention of butter milk all way to ugly t-shirts.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »

Lmao............Agree 100% Shyt The Whole Forum Full Of Em.................Personally Anyone That Knowz Its History Knowz That Eazy Is The Man In Cali....Him & Ice T Brought It To The Mainstream Like No Other....I Love Cube But We All Know That Eazy Made It Happen, Without Eazy, Cube Would Be Rappin In Kid & Play Or Somethin. Dre Woulda Joined Tiesto In The Long Run, Ren Would B Slangin Rocks At Crenshaw Blvd. Or Somewere & Yella Would B The New Ron Winters..... :D ;)   

you sound suspect euro talking bout at crenshaw blvd. lmao how do you slang at crenshaw blvd.? i guess. and y would ren be on crenshaw instead of greenleaf or long beach blvd. but if u say so

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

you sound suspect euro talking bout at crenshaw blvd. lmao how do you slang at crenshaw blvd.? i guess. and y would ren be on crenshaw instead of greenleaf or long beach blvd. but if u say so

THERE AINT ONE BONE IN MY BODY THATS EURO HOMEBOY & I USED CRENSHAW AS AN EXAMPLE....NICE TRY AT TRYIN TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD.. TRY AGAIN HOMEBOY............ ;)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:22:17 PM by Ridah662 »

Blasphemy

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »
Some people on youtube were pretty convinced Eazy>>Ice Cube but  to me the best things eazy did as a solo artist were written by ice cube

Really? LOL