Author Topic: blaqkout sets a new level for mixing  (Read 467 times)

Matty

blaqkout sets a new level for mixing
« on: September 04, 2009, 09:36:16 PM »
i know there are some questionable tracks and the lyrics can be a bit silly, but i still can't stop playing this cd on the regular. such an original release.

acoustically its incredible. i just started noticing some elements i didn't really pick up first time on some of the tracks. quik provides a delight for the ears 8)

G-Funk

Re: blaqkout sets a new level for mixing
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:44:23 PM »
yeah the mixing was great. i bumped that shit for weeks; had it on repeat whole days.. then got old of course.

TRG

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 09:49:41 PM »
I agree. I got my Monster in-ear earphones and had to test em out. Played Relapse n Blakqout first. You definetly hear more things then through your computer speakers/sound systems. Snares just about burst my eardrums. :laugh:

G-Funk

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »
i just started noticing some elements i didn't really pick up first time on some of the tracks

yeah especially Do You Know, imo.
cant wait for Quik's new album, which the only thing I hear rite now is that its called "Rhythm-al-ism Red"

Matty

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »
listen real careful during the verses on fuck y'all there's some crazy stuff going on, real subtle shit 8)

and there's some crazy one-off jungle sounds on hey playa, listen out at 2:13 8) did anyone else notice that before?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:04:02 PM »
the beats & mixing were great.

but overall as an album, it was dope the first few spins, but got old fast for me. :-\

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »
3500 Plays In 1 day...170 dl's
Mannish Da Jula- Intergalactic Feat.Lano

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8597771

Inglewood C.A. & Anchorage A.K.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
Yeah great mixing...nice album cover...any other compliments? Cuz I sure as hell can't think of any that pertains to the music.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 10:39:52 PM »
are you guys serious??? the mixing was HORRIBLE.  some of these tracks HURT my EARS.  Do U Know is damn near unlistenable because of the mixing and I couldn't even understand what quik was saying at the beginning of Hey Playa cuz the mixing was sooo fucked up.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 09:00:59 AM »
I thought the mixing was real good, in fact the majority of the album is !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

D-TalkX

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »
Didn't think the mix was great either. press play was a cool song but brutal mix on that too