Author Topic: Any one get Chronic Relit clean versoin from Walmart?  (Read 426 times)

DJSpin

Any one get Chronic Relit clean versoin from Walmart?
« on: September 13, 2009, 06:20:08 PM »
I went looing for it just to buy for the bonus track...couldnt find it...but was wondering if anyone did pick it up...was it just bleeped out or were most of the songs the clean versions???  ill pick it up if its different words and shit ya know?

Jimmy H.

Re: Any one get Chronic Relit clean versoin from Walmart?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's fully censored and not the clean radio versions which kind of sucks.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 12:55:13 AM »
I brought it.  Don't waist your money unless u really want that "smoke on" track.  it doesn't even come with tha dvd.  I never listened to it except for "smoke on".  And to be totally Trill wit u.  "Smoke On" is cool and it definitly has that 93' vibe to it but it's really not worth tha 12.40 wal mart is asking.  it's censored and they do a good job bcuz u can hear wat Snoop is saying.  

But bottom line is, don't waist yur money.  Thay shoulda just put "smoke on" on tha lost sessions instead.  It sounds like something from The Chronic but after a few listens this kinda sounds like something from tha Doggystyle sessions.  

I would upload "Smoke On" so tha masses could get to it, bcuz it's really not that serious.  But i dont know where 2 set it off at.  You know, i could see if they did this with an albums worth of material (lost sessions), you know, ban people for uploading it.  But i'm not shittin' in my draws over this song, especially this 1 short song, i dont think anybody should.  Classic story tellin', classic sample, but not worth tha full price of 1 album, especially since it doesn't come with tha dvd.

I wonder how they'll feel when Detox drops and it doesn't set off tha fire that they want?  Bcuz i'm tellin' u, this old DR material won't really matter much in 3/4 years.  Tha Pac/Snoop/Dre material (more Pac than Dre/Snoop) will always be a good sell but i don't see DR making too much of an impact with all of this shit.  Tha people (young and old) aren't waiting with anticipation for the old NWA family tree to get back on tha frontlines again.  

i dont know, maybe there's still that feeling in tha air.  all i know is, chances of seeing an old DR track make it to tha top 200 isn't looking to good.  They might as well just give it out.  Make that 21 mill (i know it was 18) thru merchandising (the smart way) and other business ventures (it ain't like tha only way to double up is thru cd sales).  sell some exclusives online.  they'll find more than 20 million people willing to pay a 1$ for an old DR track.  Shit, if they woulda did that with "Smoke On" they woulda been re-couped lol
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:00:14 AM by Kick »

Blasphemy

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:47:48 AM »
The clean version was the most ignorant and stupid way to go about selling a album. The Chronic just can't be a Clean album, you got a track that's called "a nigga wit a mother fucking gun" The fucking album title its self is referencing a illegal substance that the FBI would take your ass out on. Clean no way. Track is good though I must admit.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »
putting POOR YOUNG DAVE on Lost Sessions wouldve been the smartest idea
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »
putting POOR YOUNG DAVE on Lost Sessions wouldve been the smartest idea

definitly. and "smoke on" too.  who wants to buy tha clean version of The Chronic for just 1 song lol... not happenin'

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 01:45:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's fully censored and not the clean radio versions which kind of sucks.

There's a few edits but not a lot that needed be censored, also sounds like it was cut off short too.

For those pissed at the logic of it, they did this to make idiots buy multiple copies and try to boost sales at Walmart who will not sell explicit CDs in the US. I know it netted them a few from this forum so it made all the way to 3,000 units total on all versions. Imagine if all these people on here didn't hype it up and buy multiple copies and think its a collector's item.. There's a good chance half of those sales are from people on this forum..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:50:35 PM by soopapriest »

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »
it IS a legit collectors item...the shit won't be reissued after this first pressing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens