what's best?

National Football League
6 (46.2%)
National Basketball ASsociation
5 (38.5%)
Major Leauge Basball
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: NFL > NBA!  (Read 328 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: NFL > NBA!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »
No I'm not joking. It's hard to underatand if you don't play at that level, not that I do, but the level of soreness and pain that is unvolved in playing and getting hit week in and week out. Why do you think as QB's pass attempts have gotten so much higher INTs have either stayed the same or dropped over the years, and that INTs always went up as the year progressed in the 60s and before? Because the the QBs arms get beat up they throw worse. You can really see it in the actual throws later in the year. I saw a documentary on steroids once and they showed a lot of visual examples of it. Yeah passing games have gotten better, but so have pass defenses. The old pass defenses were pretty simple compared to some of todays, so you'd think the ratios would be the same, but TDs, yards, pass attempts, completions were all much lower back then by average because the ball was thrown a lot less, the pass INTs were just as high or higher.

MLB >>>

i'd rather ALL my players cheating, which only cancels it out as if nobody was cheating; because when a pitcher on roids is facing a hitter on roids who wins? ;D

NBA - you got refs betting on games lmfao & the definition of travel & carry are interchangeable.

NFL - too many bullshit rules & not enough consistancy on calls like holding & pass interference.

Baseball and cheating go hand in hand. I was very upset by the call tonight where Holliday got the second out because he slid into the 2nd basemen. That's smart baseball, not cheating. Ty Cobb would never be able to play under these conditions. And they wonder why they're leagues in the toilet. Bring back the spit ball I say. It adds character to the game.

the NFL is roiding up & the NBA has cases, like Rashard Lewis.

i'll agree with others & say the NFL is most fun to watch, but the MLB is the best all around sport.

The NFL is roiding up? What planet do you live on? There is 100x more steroids being passed around the NFL over the last three decades than the MLB has ever seen or will ever see. Steroids are a part of being an NFL player. I'd be shocked to learn that there is one single QB even that doesn't juice up in the late part of the season or in the playoffs. Do you have idea how sore your arm would be by week 12 if you didn't juice?

in that case, then how can you shit on MLB players for cheating? because it's public? fuck that.

MLB >>> 8)

When have I ever said one bad thing about an MLB player juicing?

i wasn't accusing you, i was just pointing out that if baseball isn't the only sport doing it, you can't use that against it to say one is better than the other.

i don't even know where you stand on which sport you like more, but i'm making the argument Baseball is the best. 8)

I've been an NFL guy from day, but I'm also the #1 defender of steroid use in baseball next to Canseco. NFL is better because I like it more, but Baseball is a close second. Then Hockey (I am Canadian after all).

I think the main difference is that while NFL is huge now it was nothing compared to the MLB when these broken records were being set 30 to 40 years ago, and the kids from era are congressmen now and they like to protrct their childhood heroes. That's just my 2 cents.