Author Topic: is there anybody better than Ichiro Suzuki?  (Read 250 times)

herpes

Re: is there anybody better than Ichiro Suzuki?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »
If you want to say Ichiro is one of the best pure hitters in baseball you have a point.  But there are many other players in baseball that are more productive offensively than Ichiro and it has nothing to do with the fact he plays on a crappy team.  Truth be told the average fan tends to overrate Ichiro while the sabermetric crowd underrates him.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »
players i'd take over ichiro:

pujols
hanley
tex
arod
cabrera
wright
braun
fielder
youkilis

i agree with the first four, but after that, no lol.

Ichiro is only under appreciated because he plays for such a shit team, no offense 360 lol.

if he was a Dodger or Yankee or Cardnial he would be more highly appreciated for being such such an amazing leadoff man & being on base for people to actually drive him in.

We're above .500 this year so fuck you too  8), nah but you're right, our offense needs work, we have some money to spend this offseason though so I'm not trippin, everyone said we were gonna lose 100 games this year so atleast we shut them up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 03:18:47 PM »
players i'd take over ichiro:

pujols
hanley
tex
arod
cabrera
wright
braun
fielder
youkilis

i agree with the first four, but after that, no lol.

Ichiro is only under appreciated because he plays for such a shit team, no offense 360 lol.

if he was a Dodger or Yankee or Cardnial he would be more highly appreciated for being such such an amazing leadoff man & being on base for people to actually drive him in.

We're above .500 this year so fuck you too  8), nah but you're right, our offense needs work, we have some money to spend this offseason though so I'm not trippin, everyone said we were gonna lose 100 games this year so atleast we shut them up.

Seattle is that team where if you took it's best players in the last decade or so, they would be like the best team in baseball lol. :P

go to baseball-reference

compare Ichiro's OPS+ to any of those 9 - he just doesn't compare - he's a singles hitter

who hits for a high average, every season; along with at least 200 hits.

has a great glove, an amazing arm, top of the line in terms of speed.

he is an ideal player for any coach and any team.

sure, there are players "more valueable" than him; 45 HRS & 150 RBIS are more productive, but if that four batter putting up those numbers had Ichiro leading off for them, opposed to thier leadoff, he would have 175 RBIS. (with exceptions, of course)

he makes productive players better lol.

not to even get into his mindset & work he puts into his game, just a true idol in that field.

i remember hearing somewhere if Ichiro didn't run of of the box during his swing & stayed balanced, he could hit 35 homers a season because his balance is so good.

his average would take a dip, but i believe he could do it; people tell me in BP he puts on a show & a half, hitting balls out of the stadium with ease.

also, like i said; there is a bit exaggeration in the thread, but count out everyone who juiced during this ERA & i would say he is a top position player in the last decade.