Author Topic: Westcoast Artists Need To Take Heed To OBFCLII  (Read 351 times)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Westcoast Artists Need To Take Heed To OBFCLII
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:54:05 PM »
The Wu came back to their roots on this album and the true fans responded (as well as critics). West Coast artists need to go back to that mid 90's vibe (just like Rae did here). This is what the fans want. Fuck record sales (all y'all ain't selling anyway!). These Wide Awake unreleased Death Row releases have been the only breath of fresh air for the West, IMO. All West Coast producers/artists: get on that shit y'all do best!!!!!!!!  To Warren/Mack (already pre-ordered your albums, but I'm not impressed; though, I'll always support the music I grew up to: INSPIRE US LIKE Y'ALL USED TO!!!).

Da Nard

• 'G'
Re: Westcoast Artists Need To Take Heed To OBFCLII
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »
Shiit.... Been bumpin house of flying daggers since I first heard it 8)
Paranoia will destroy ya!!!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »
The Wu came back to their roots on this album and the true fans responded (as well as critics). West Coast artists need to go back to that mid 90's vibe (just like Rae did here). This is what the fans want. Fuck record sales (all y'all ain't selling anyway!). These Wide Awake unreleased Death Row releases have been the only breath of fresh air for the West, IMO. All West Coast producers/artists: get on that shit y'all do best!!!!!!!!  To Warren/Mack (already pre-ordered your albums, but I'm not impressed; though, I'll always support the music I grew up to: INSPIRE US LIKE Y'ALL USED TO!!!).

Catch 22. If the WC artists go back to that mid 90's vibe they are living in the past (example G-Funk) if they try something new and innovative that is not the old shit. So as much as it sounds good, most WC fans do not know what they want as much as the artists know what direction they want the music to go. Other artists and fans of their music in other regions do not crucify their artists as much as out here for shit like this.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »
west coast rappers need to step their rhymes up plain and simple
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 08:51:27 PM »
And west coast underground artists still do not get the recoginition they deserve as well. They get lost in the shuffle and as much as the media or others say how stale or bland gangsta rap is, those are the only artists from the west that get play still to this day. Xzibit is really the only rapper to have that "crossover success". He had Dre, Snoop, DPG, and had Liks, Defari, Ras Kass as well.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 09:16:49 PM »
To Warren/Mack (already pre-ordered your albums, but I'm not impressed; though, I'll always support the music I grew up to: INSPIRE US LIKE Y'ALL USED TO!!!).

Why pay for it if you're not impressed? That's just sending the wrong message to them...

Biggzy

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 09:51:21 PM »
the west was straight gangsta mixed with gfunk.. real street shit we could refer to, kinda like everyday struggles but now its all about fake nursery rhymes!

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 10:20:01 PM »

lol, that's actually a pretty good point. i can understand why some of the big named artists would try re-inventing their sound, but the cats who aren't selling anymore, i think they might as well stick with what they do best at this point.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 07:24:33 AM »
To Warren/Mack (already pre-ordered your albums, but I'm not impressed; though, I'll always support the music I grew up to: INSPIRE US LIKE Y'ALL USED TO!!!).

Why pay for it if you're not impressed? That's just sending the wrong message to them...
It's important to me to support the OG artists 'cause they CAN make great music (as their discography proves). And hopefully some sales will keep them around. Just wished they would do it for their core fanbase (as Raekwon just did) and stop putting out these half-assed wannabee mainstreamed albums. Warren and Mack (both heavyweights in the West) really dropped the ball on their latest :(

westside159

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 10:34:44 AM »
yeah the album wasnt all that though ,  it had that old sound but Raekwon wasnt really spittin that nice ... 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Martial law
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:39:50 AM »
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO THINK OR DEPRESSION MAY OCCUR

MediumL

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 10:55:12 AM »
I think they can do an album that sounds 90ish but then they have to make sure they can show diversity much like ghostface's just done.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 11:38:07 AM »
Moral of the story:  It's okay to follow other artist's trends in order to sell records as long as we like the artist you're following.