Author Topic: Frayser Boy Interview (Formerly Three 6 Mafia/Hypnotize Minds Artist)  (Read 284 times)

Lunatic

http://www.soprupradio.com/?p=2452

http://www.soprupradio.com/?p=2452

SPR.Com: Frasyer Boy is here on www.soprupradio.com. How you doing homie?

Frayser Boy: What’s going on with you?

SPR.Com: How you doing Frasyer?

Frayser Boy: I’m doing well, can’t complain man. I’m still here. I can’t complain.

SPR.Com: I feel you. We’re firstly going to get into the Hypnotized Minds situation. Tell us about your departure and why the long term relationship ended?

Frayser Boy: With the Hypnotized situation, I just felt like I was at a point in my life where I’ve grown out the situation and I’m ready to see what I can do without them. I’ve grown out of the situation. I feel like I went from a boy to a grown man. It’s just time for me to see what else is out there. I’m going to venture off and do some more things. There are a lot of things I wanted to do but wasn’t in a position to do while under contract with them. I’m ready to explode myself.

SPR.Com: Does it feel weird to be off the label after such a long stint?

Frayser Boy: Yeah, it still feels funny right now. All good things come to end. I knew one day this was coming for me. I’m just really excited about what the future holds for me and what I’m trying to do.

SPR.Com: We’re definitely going to get into the future. How do you feel they handled your three albums on the label?

Frayser Boy: I feel they handled it the best way they could. They did what they did. It was really up to me with the music I did. It’s my albums and I have all good memories. It did what it was supposed to do.

SPR.Com: What’s your relationship like with Juicy J and DJ Paul?

Frayser Boy: It’s still all love. I have no problems with those guys. I appreciate everything they did for me because without them, I probably wouldn’t be the artist I am today. It’s still all good. No problems. I still love those dudes to death.

SPR.Com: So there is no bad blood?

Frayser Boy: Oh no, there is no bad blood. It was just something I wanted to do. I talked to them about it and I wanted to do it. I want to see what I can do. I wanted to be a CEO myself. I have my own label now, B.A.R. Muzik. I’m ready to do my own thing without anybody else. I want to be the head man. I was ready to get into that kind of situation.

SPR.Com: I like that. What’s next up for Frayser Boy now that you’re off the label?

Frayser Boy: I’m working on a new album right now. I haven’t come up with the name yet. You should be hearing about that soon. I’m doing the mixtape thing; get my name hot in the streets since I have my own label now by the name of B.A.R. Muzik. I have my first artists on there by the name of The Dolla Bois. Look for them real soon. And I have another artist by the name of V1. I also have some females called The Squad. Y’all be on the lookout for all that. I have some heat I’m gonna’ bring to the world. I have a new sound and a new feel.

SPR.Com: Are you looking for a distribution deal or is it just B.A.R. Muzik?

Frayser Boy: Right now I’m looking for a distribution deal. Whoever has the best thing for me is who I’m gonna’ mess with. That’s really all I’m looking for, a distribution deal now.

SPR.Com: People can be on the look out for B.A.R. Muzik.

Frayser Boy: B.A.R. Muzik and the Bar stands for Bay Area Representer. I’m still keeping it home; I’m still keeping it street.

SPR.Com:  You mentioned the next album. How much % is done at this time?

Frayser Boy: Probably about 30-40% done. Ain’t no telling. I just wanna’ make sure it’s perfect. When you’re following up behind some Hypnotized Minds music, you wanna’ make sure you’re on top of your game. I’m not rushing through it. I’m gonna’ let it go when I feel it’s ready. It’s about 30% ready. It ain’t all the way done yet. I have a lot more to do. I guarantee it’s gonna’ be what the streets and what the world been waiting on.

SPR.Com: So you’re not really eying a release date right now?

Frayser Boy: No, I’m going to say a release date just yet. I’m just really beginning to work on it since my Hypnotized Minds situation is over. I’m just really starting to do my own thing now.

SPR.Com: So far, out of the 30-40% that you have completed, which kind of guest appearances and production are you working with?

Frayser Boy: For right now, I just have a lot of my own artists from B.A.R. Muzik on it recorded for it. I’m ready to try and start focusing on what I’m doing and let my label and own artists get out there right now.

SPR.Com: What was it like to win an Academy Award for “It’s Hard out Here for a Pimp?”

Frayser Boy: Oh man. It’s surreal. I still pinch myself this day. I wake up every day being a regular dude from Memphis, Tennessee and you have an Oscar sitting in your living room. It’s just amazing. It’s still crazy. I have to look at the tape from time to time to make sure it did happen and I wasn’t dreaming (laughs).

SPR.Com: Memphis showed you a lot of love. They gave you the key to the city.

Frayser Boy: Oh man. Memphis, Tennessee showed me a lot of love on that. Nothing like that ever been done before since Isaac Hayes.

SPR.Com: Hell yeah. What’s your relationship like with Crunchy Black?

Frayser Boy: That’s my dude. I actually just talked to him about an hour ago. Everybody that used to be on Hypnotized, I’m cool with everybody. Ain’t no bad blood between me and none of them. It’s still all love with me. Ain’t nothing different, ain’t nothing changed.

SPR.Com: Ok. You’re on www.soprupradio.com  everybody knows Frasyer Boy is keeping it real. He has his new label B.A.R. Muzik. The album is untitled but its 30-40% done and coming out eventually, don’t y’all worry. Do you have any last words before I let you go?

Frayser Boy: Be on the look out for what I‘m bringing with my new label, B.A.R. Muzik. Be on the look out for The Dolla Bois, V1, The Squad and everything I have going. The Academy Award winner Frayser Boy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:43:05 AM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Muhfukka

Re: Frayser Boy Interview (Formerly Three 6 Mafia/Hypnotize Minds Artist)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »
frayser boy wrote most of the lyrics for that "hard out here for a pimp", hes an academy award winner

Lunatic

Re: Frayser Boy Interview (Formerly Three 6 Mafia/Hypnotize Minds Artist)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
frayser boy wrote most of the lyrics for that "hard out here for a pimp", hes an academy award winner
Correct! We speak on the academy award ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com