Author Topic: Lunatic Interview (Yes, me LOL)  (Read 275 times)

Lunatic

Lunatic Interview (Yes, me LOL)
« on: October 04, 2009, 10:54:51 PM »
http://www.illuminati2g.com/lunaticinterview.htm

Lunatic, who is not only a staff writer here at Illuminati 2G, but Raptalk, So Prup and other sites as well, released the compilation, The Unsigned Blessings Volume 1 a couple of months ago. In this interview, Lunatic goes in track by track on the compilation and gives the listeners a journey of the project. Check it out.

Download “The Unsigned Blessings Vol.1” here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YRFIACHN

I2G: We’re here with Lunatic; how is it going brother?

Lunatic: I’m doing well, can’t complain my man. I have a lot of good stuff coming up. Plus I just put out the “Unsigned Blessings Vol.1” street compilation album for free download.

I2G: Why are you calling it a street compilation album?

Lunatic: I call it that because I don’t like to call it a mixtape. The songs are all original from the vocals to production. Just because I gave it out for free doesn’t make it a mixtape. This is as real as it gets right here.

I2G: We’re going to go through track by track before I ask some questions.

Lunatic: Let’s do it.

I2G: Stat Quo Intro.

Lunatic: I just wanted to get somebody established on the Intro. Even though the project is all about up and coming artists, I wanted to show that I could use my ties within the music industry to get a real heavyweight type of name to co-sign the project. Stat Quo is working on Detox so I felt he was enough of a heavyweight to introduce the project. I have a good relationship in Atlanta with Stat Quo and his people so we figured it was a good fit.

I2G: C’Thru “Life is Strange:

Lunatic: One of my favorite records on the entire project. Isn’t it great how the Intro mixes into the opening of this? Shouts out to Phat B for being such a professional mixer and doing such a good job with this project. Mixing is important so I went out and paid to get somebody to mix the entire record down in his studio. Back to the record, this is on some classic shit. From the beat to the type of content being spoken about on the record, to the lyrics and flow of C’Thru. For anybody who says good music doesn’t come out of the south, shut up and listen to this track. This is on some classic, 5/5 type shit.

I2G: Tan-D “Keep It 100” Ft. Big V

Lunatic: I’ve always been a big fan of the Nappy Roots. To have one of the members on my project was a great feeling. Tan-D is a great, young artist from a small town in Kentucky called Hopkinsville. This track is on some real feel good, Kentucky type music. It’s real country in a good way. Tan-D has a lot of good stuff coming up soon. He is signed to Universal and is putting out his album later this year.

I2G: Clarity “Hit the Road” Ft. The Velvet Trench Vibes

Lunatic: You know I’m from Canada so I had to show love. A big up goes to my partner on this project Mitch Holmes who added all the Canadian contributions to the project. We are working on part two already. Clarity is a younger cat that really has a bright future. I believe he is still a teenager and he is already spitting dope lyrics. Wait until this cat gets older. He went out and got one of the largest Montreal Hip-Hop groups to feature on the track, The Velvet Trench Vibes. I respect his hustle so I threw the track on the project.

I2G: Prophecy “Drop the Mic”

Lunatic: Another Canadian cat thanks to Mitch Holmes. This track has been getting overwhelming feedback which is good to see. For those of you who may or may not remember, Prophecy was on my first project titled “Unity” as well. We have a good relationship with him and his people in Montreal where Mitch {Holmes} is from, so you can expect to see more of Prophecy on the next installment.

I2G: Substance “Work Hard”

Lunatic: Substance AKA Tekneek from Michigan. This is a very raw, grimey, mixtape type of track. This isn’t some shit for the radio right here. Substance came really hard on this. This track is a few years old but remained unreleased and when Substance played it for me, I knew it was the right record for the project. Substance has an album coming out in October called “Black Market.” Make sure y’all go get that and support the real Hip-Hop Substance brings to the table.

I2G: Brotha Loom “Double Up” Ft. Wahlee Sparks.

Lunatic: Another Canadian track. There isn’t too much to say about this one. I really liked the smoothness of it.

I2G: The Rat Pac “Internet Predators”

Lunatic: We just dropped a little homemade video for this one. I fell in love with the concept of it from the start. This is just some genius, creative writing. It’s a bit eerie but also humorous at the same time.

I2G: Injection “I Think I’m In Love” Ft. Main Event

Lunatic: Surprisingly a Canadian track because it sounds straight out of Miami and from the radio. With the right push, this record would go to #1 on the charts. We have a music video for this coming soon so y’all be ready for that too.

I2G: Dem Rascalz “Clap”

Lunatic: I liked how funky this record was. It sounds like something that could get play in the clubs without being corny. Dem Rascalz has a good camp out there in Arizona and is really working hard.

I2G: Ronald Porter “Crack Commercials” Ft. D. Ross

Lunatic: Ronald Porter is the best artist you never heard of, period. The dude reminds me of a cross between Scarface and Bun B, yet he is from the west coast and currently resides in Atlanta. This is the type of lyrical track that you can just feel. It’s not always about the metaphors, similes or punch lines. I would consider this a very strong lyrical performance. Ronald Porter and D. Ross came up with a great concept and a topic that needed to be spoken on. I really love this track.

I2G: Tarek & Luss “Mind of a Maniac”

Lunatic: Reminds me of some good ol’ Shady. This is Rikanatti on the boards. Just like The Rat Pac track, this is a bit eerie and dark but is crazy in my opinion. Tarek & Luss have an album out right now entirely produced by Rikanatti. Make sure you check that out.

I2G: J. Scroll “Understanding”

Lunatic: This is on some KRS-One type of teaching shit. Some may call the flow boring but that is because J doesn’t want you to miss out on what he is saying. The words are most important on this record. This is a great old school type of hip-hop track.

I2G: Ronald Porter “What Does It Mean” Ft. DJ LV

Lunatic: Again, Ronald Porter comes through with the meaningful track. These types of songs are my favorite in music period. The hook has auto tune but it works well here and doesn’t sound corny at all. Ronald Porter is THAT MC.

I2G: Tan-D “My Life”

Lunatic: Tan-D goes more introspective on this one and shows his strong content type of track. I really fell in love with this record and all of Tan-D period.

I2G: D. Ross “Pressure”

Lunatic: You know what’s funny about this record? It was a pretty late submission and I was gonna’ keep it for part two. My partner Mitch Holmes was always in my ear telling me it was too good to not throw on part one. I finally came to my senses and realized part one becomes a better project with this song on it and I could worry about part two later. This is such a good track. D. Ross is a great artist from the west coast.

I2G: C’Thru “Look up at the Sky”

Lunatic: What better ways to end a project then with a song like this? It’s meaningful, introspective and more. Every hip-hop record should end with a track like this. C’Thru comes through just as strong as he did with the opening track.

I2G: Tan-D “We Hustle, We Grind”

Lunatic: This is an extra bonus record we decided to throw on very late. Tan-D had submitted 6 songs to me and I went with the two previous to this one. I must have been sleeping. When I saw the video for this, I realized how good of a track it was. Since I already had the OK to use it, I decided to add it as a very late, last minute bonus addition to give you all something extra.

I2G: That does it for the record. Tell us about part two.

Lunatic: Although we move and work fast, we are taking our time with it. I can divulge that we already have 13 submissions for it, a handful of which we really like. Another good thing is that all of the tracks we have so far, it’s from no artist you know yet meaning none of the artists from part one. I love the artists on part one and many of which will appear on part two, but I have to make sure I work with different artists and don’t give you the same project again. So far this record is more west coast. I feel like I forgot about the bay area on part one so I went out and got 2-3 bay area records for this next one. With 13 strong records already in the bag, I’d say were close. However, we do want to take many submissions and take our time to ensure we do it right. I’m going to shortly reach out to all of the part one artists to submit something and that should bring us to at least 20-25 records. I’d say when we get to around 30-40 records, will pick the best 14-18 songs and deliver it. We can probably have it ready for first quarter, 2010.

I2G: What about interview wise?

Lunatic: I’m still doing that stronger than ever. I’m about to start a series on www.raptalk.net that will see me drop 3 interviews a week. I have about 20 done in the bag that nobody has seen so I figured the timing is right to do it.

I2G: How can artists reach out to you?

Lunatic: Hit me up at lunaticmanagement@gmail.com and I can definitely work with you. I’m willing to work all up and coming artists. Feel free to reach me.

I2G:  Any last words?

Lunatic: Thank you D for taking the time to speak with me. Make sure y’all stay tuned to www.raptalk.net, www.wordofsouth.com, www.illuminati2g.net, www.soprupradio.com and www.the-chill-spot.com. I do work for all five of those spots. Hit me up on Twitter at www.twitter.com/lunatic63. Add me as a friend on MySpace or message me at www.myspace.com/gags12   and I will get back to you. Shouts out to all the artists who participated on this project and that will show up on part two.

A big thanks goes to Mitch Holmes and Phat B for working on the project and their upcoming presence on part two. Thanks to Tim “Styles” Sanchez for opening the door for me in this business in the first place.

All my west coast artists that I stay in constant contact with like Knoc-Turn’al, Noah Jones (even though your from the east, your repping the west hard), The D.O.C., Bad Lucc, Glasses Malone, Willie Hen and many more, I see y’all. All my down south cats as well like K. Rino, Young Malice, C-Bone, Slimm Calhoun, Backbone, ESG and so on. I’m repping Dungeon Family/Purple Ribbon very hard right now. I see my east coast cats as well like Buckshot and Smiff-n-Wessun. Congratulations to Drake, we finally got someone big out here like Kardinal Offishall did it way back. I see all of my Canadian artists I’m close with like Promise, Bishop Brigante, OB, Peter Jackson and more. Stay tuned for everything I have coming up. Check out the “Unsigned Blessings Vol.1” project and be on the lookout for part two.

I need everyone to get ready for Knoc-turn'al "Knoc's Ville" and Noah Jones "The Incinerator" both coming very soon.

Download “The Unsigned Blessings Vol.1” here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YRFIACHN
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

So Much Style

Re: Lunatic Interview (Yes, me LOL)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 11:27:47 PM »
LOL!!!
So much style back at it again

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:24:24 PM »
You got anymore singles dropping from this Luna?

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:26:20 PM »
Still waiting on getting the music video for "I Think I'm In Love"
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »
Still waiting on getting the music video for "I Think I'm In Love"

Cool, I will be on the lookout for that.

Portugoal