Poll

Would you like to see Celtic & R*ngers playing in the EPL?

Yes (Explain Why)
1 (25%)
No  (Explain Why)
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Football Fans: Celtic & R*ngers in the EPL  (Read 124 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Football Fans: Celtic & R*ngers in the EPL
« on: October 09, 2009, 03:16:32 PM »
Well, what do you think?

The Maestro

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Football Fans: Celtic & R*ngers in the EPL
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
Yeah if they worked their way up, it would be funny to see them languishing in the Championship.

Seriously though - no. Simply because Glasgow isn't in England, I suppose the argument against that would be that Berwick etc. don't play in their country and to that I would eloquently say "So fuck, I don't care. lalalalala".

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 04:09:56 PM »
No, they're Scottish clubs therefore they should play in the SPL, just because the rest of the SPL is shite doesn't mean they should get put into the EPL, the system works fine as it is, if they were to join it would just complicate things, and the PL doesn't need more teams on the level of Everton, Tottenham and Aston Villa. Besides Celtic & Rangers get the oppurtunity of getting into the Champions League through the SPL, if any of you really think Celtic or Rangers would break into the top 4, let alone the top 7, you're caught up in the hype and need a reality check

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 07:30:47 PM »
No, they're Scottish clubs therefore they should play in the SPL, just because the rest of the SPL is shite doesn't mean they should get put into the EPL, the system works fine as it is, if they were to join it would just complicate things, and the PL doesn't need more teams on the level of Everton, Tottenham and Aston Villa. Besides Celtic & Rangers get the oppurtunity of getting into the Champions League through the SPL, if any of you really think Celtic or Rangers would break into the top 4, let alone the top 7, you're caught up in the hype and need a reality check

Lol are you serious mate? Celtic's record under Martin O'Neill against English teams was superb (We beat Blackburn, LIverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Newcastle, Tottenham and drew with the Arsenal 'Invincibles'). Only when the EPL money got ridicolous did the gap widen. I can guaruntee you if Celtic moved to the EPL within 5 years we would be challenging for the title. Because as far as big clubs go (And i judge that on worldwide and local fanbase, reputation & history not on how much money you ahve to spend) only Man Utd are bigger than Celtic in Britain. Liverpool are maybe up there, maybe.

Oh and this is a genuine question not rhetorical, how did Cardiff & Swansea end up playing in English football? Were they there from the very start or did the ymove from the Welsh League?

The Maestro

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »
Under O'Neill you had a good side but your team nowadays wouldn't be anywhere near the title, true over the years you've had decent results against english clubs but they are almost all CL matches where it's either a one off game or a 2 leg tie, and besides after you play these games you don't have to go to places like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Aston Villa, City, West Ham, Bolton, Blackburn etc you go and play team like Dundee who are at most, equivalent to a Championship team. Can you honestly tell me a player in your starting 11 that would automatically get into the starting 11 of the top 5 in the EPL? 3 of your strikers have all played in the PL and each of them did fuck all. Personally i find it laughable that you think after 5 years you'd be challenging for the title, c'mon thats ridiculous ::) Either way i guess we'll never know right until it happens which i doubt it ever will, but it'll be interesting if it did.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 07:11:44 AM »
Havent voted yes or no as not sure what to put.

Id be happy to see celtic and rangers in the english league but they would have to start in league two an dwork there way up. I cant see two extra places been created in the premiership and i dont think it would be fair to relegate two extra teams to allow celtic rangers to enter. Where as creating two extra places in league two wouldnt cause a problem.

Celtic and Rangers leaving the SPL could be catostrophic for the other scottish teams though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

funkyfreshintheflesh