Author Topic: Quick "Snoop Doggy Dogg Lost Sessions" review (Best Buy version)  (Read 521 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I bought this...it's pretty good.  You can tell a lot of the songs are just demos and premixes and stuff, but it's still neat to have them.   Some of the songs appear to be cut from Doggystyle, like "The Root Of All Evil" Outro, Eat a Dicc, and Doggystyle, so it's neat to hear those.  Doggystyle doesn't sound real crisp, but maybe that's the best they had to work with.  The liner said it was mixed by Justin "Coyote" Burdick  and mastered by Brian Gardner for whatever that's worth, so it doesn't appear to be the same guy that did the Chronic Relit ones.  

Got it at Best Buy for 9.99.  The 3 bonus tracks are "Quite Obvious" which sounds good and is produced by Soopafly.  The chorus is very similar to the song "Pop Lockin" which he ended up releasing on No Limit.  "Once Again" (also produced by Soopafly) is the same one that's been floating around the internet for years, but sounds a little better, there's a crisper snare drum in there or something.  "Got To Do Wrong" (produced by LT Hutton) is the same lyrics as the one that's been floating around the net and was on Smokefest, but the instrumental is different.  Snoop recycles quite a few verses on this release, but there are still some gems like "The Genie", "Keep It Real Dogg", "Caught Up" and of course "Doggystyle".  His "2pac dedication" is pretty weak, just reciting 2pac's song "Life's So Hard" with KCi and JoJo singing the chorus, who sounded pretty off key.  Kind of dissapointed in that song.

It's worth the 9.99.  The mixing isn't the best, but these songs span 5 years and were recorded at all different studios and who knows how well they were stored, etc.  So I think they made the best of what they had to work with.  A few of the songs say "producer unknown", so they must not have been stored/cataloged very well.  A few of the songs have the instrumentals louder than Snoop's voice and it's kind of hard to make out the lyrics, so that was kind of annoying.  But it is still neat to listen to these songs, brought me back to 95 all over again listening to that Death Row sound.  I'd rather have them to listen to in 'not the best' quality than to never hear them at all.  The CD inlay has a picture of the original reels of a bunch of old snoops songs, which is cool to see.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 10:50:42 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Dogg Ly Dogg

Re: Quick "Snoop Doggy Dogg Lost Sessions" review (Best Buy version)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »
Nice review, I went to my usual store today but sounds like they dont have it yet in France... and that shit still not leaked too  :-X

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 11:31:40 AM »
thanks for the helpful review. i`m looking forward to the cd.

Soopahigh

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:39:57 AM »
Nice review, I went to my usual store today but sounds like they dont have it yet in France... and that shit still not leaked too  :-X

it's is a U.S only release...you wont find it in any stores in France  ;)

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 11:41:59 AM »

Oh yeah? damn aight i'll check it out online then

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »

they got it here in canada....just not at best buy(at least in quebec) >:( >:( >:(

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 01:36:35 PM »

you wrong i went in a shop this morning and i order it.

Junior tu vas a la Fnac ils te le commende