Author Topic: Who Thinks Deathrow Should Be Given Back 2 Suge???  (Read 980 times)

MediumL

Re: Who Thinks Deathrow Should Be Given Back 2 Suge???
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
Fuck off
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

NuWest

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »
I think everything Death Row related should be put inside a rocket along with it's biggest "fans" then blasted into space and detonated.

co-sgn lol :D

Quadruple OG

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »
Suge was sitting on the tracks for all these years, so I wouldn't want him owning the tracks.

However,

When Suge did put shit out, he made sure the quality was there. For example, the versions of "Friends" and "Thug Nature" that he released on Too Gangsta 4 Radio was ridiculously better than what Afeni and company did to those tracks for Until the end of Time. Same with "Head Doctor". The version released on Dead Man Walking makes the one on The Lost Sessions look like a joke.

He shouldn't own the catalog, but at the same time, for the sake of improving the quality of releases, Suge should have at least a consulting role in these projects.

love33

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 03:31:55 PM »
Suge was a good owner from 1991-2000 -- he got Dre out of NWA and told him to go solo and executive produced all eyez on me, the greatest album of all time; even when he was in jail he put out gang related, daz's first album, and chronic 2000, which all did gold or better.  he secured the contract with interscope and mtv and put the west on the main stage.

Post 2000-2008 -- Suge was aweful.  Horrible promotion for the company.  The lead acts he signed were good: Crook, Top Dogg, Tha Realest, Eastwood, and bringing back Kurupt -- his main downfall was putting artists in purgatory and not releasing anything new.  He let the fans down.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 03:48:43 PM »
Suge was a good owner from 1991-2000 -- he got Dre out of NWA and told him to go solo and executive produced all eyez on me, the greatest album of all time; even when he was in jail he put out gang related, daz's first album, and chronic 2000, which all did gold or better.  he secured the contract with interscope and mtv and put the west on the main stage.

Post 2000-2008 -- Suge was aweful.  Horrible promotion for the company.  The lead acts he signed were good: Crook, Top Dogg, Tha Realest, Eastwood, and bringing back Kurupt -- his main downfall was putting artists in purgatory and not releasing anything new.  He let the fans down.
+1

Suge has always been a good owner, but what he doesn't do is music.  From that period you mentioned where he was good (1991-2000), he had people under him at each stage in time dropping bomb ass music while hand-picking the hot music--first Dre (who recruited D.O.C., Snoop, Warren G, etc.), then Snoop (who recruited others like Tha Dogg Pound, LBC Crew, etc.), then Pac (who recruited the Outlawz and built bridges between Death Row and other artists around the country who didn't necessarily have ties with Death Row before, like Richie Rich, E-40, Scarface, Bone Thugs, Boot Camp, etc.), then Daz (who basically ran the label in Suge's absence for a while, keeping the Death Row spirit alive somewhat).

After 2000, Suge was just putting on random rappers who never really could break through (with Crooked I being the biggest exception), with many of them just being street goons who Suge probably hooked up just because they had street cred but maybe not necessarily the talent to be a gangsta rapper with any amount of success.  Why?  Because he didn't have a right-hand man who actually knew the music inside and out.  Even when he recruited Kurupt again, nothing happened.

If I had been in charge of the Death Row catalogue, rest assured that the company would still be alive and strong, and you guys would all have Death Row music every year.  I love what Suge did in the 1990s for the company in terms of getting the music out, but he sat on a goldmine that loses value each year.

SoCo

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »
Hell no he shouldn't get it back. He's the reason why Death Row is the way it is.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
Who did Suge put out? Dre was already an established artist, and he was responsible for Snoop Dogg blowing up. DPG got big from their association with Snoop. Pac was already a big rapper when he signed with Death Row.

The artists made Death Row, not Suge. The proof is right there, by what happened to the label after they left.

Chad Vader

Jimmy H.

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 10:12:34 PM »
Suge was sitting on the tracks for all these years, so I wouldn't want him owning the tracks.

However,

When Suge did put shit out, he made sure the quality was there. For example, the versions of "Friends" and "Thug Nature" that he released on Too Gangsta 4 Radio was ridiculously better than what Afeni and company did to those tracks for Until the end of Time. Same with "Head Doctor". The version released on Dead Man Walking makes the one on The Lost Sessions look like a joke.

He shouldn't own the catalog, but at the same time, for the sake of improving the quality of releases, Suge should have at least a consulting role in these projects.
  "Too Gangsta For Radio" and "Dead Man Walking" were both released while Suge was in prison and someone else was running the company for him. The song from "Lost Sessions" isn't a different version of "Head Doctor". It's a song released before it came out. If you look at Snoop's Death Row material, he pretty much re-used most of the lyrics off songs that never were released on other projects.

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 12:21:19 AM »
Hell Naw! Suge had his chance but his James Avery lookin fat bald ass fucked it up. Deathrow should be given to me and the rest of LAPD finest like Officer Perez, Reggie Jr, Nino Durden and fuckin Frank Lyga..........we'll make dat shit gangsta again 8)

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 12:26:27 AM »
LOL, nice red font, I'm sure Suge regards you very highly because of that.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »
Hell Naw! Suge had his chance but his James Avery lookin fat bald ass fucked it up. Deathrow should be given to me and the rest of LAPD finest like Officer Perez, Reggie Jr, Nino Durden and fuckin Frank Lyga..........we'll make dat shit gangsta again 8)

LOL

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 09:05:10 AM »
suge has an eye for good talent cant deny that.
Bullets aint got no names

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »
suge has an eye for good talent cant deny that.
Too bad all of their music sucked in the past decade.