Author Topic: So if I'm on Verizon, can I get an Iphone to work on that provider?  (Read 176 times)

jeromechickenbone

I remember back in the day reading about jailbreaking and all that shit but never worred about it cuz I used to have att&t....anyways haven't had an iphone since march and I'm tired of fucking with the blackberry....so is there hope or what?

Sikotic™

Re: So if I'm on Verizon, can I get an Iphone to work on that provider?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:37:36 PM »
I think you're out of luck. As far as I know, you have to have AT&T or T-Mobile to get a iPhone. I woulda got an iPhone years ago if I wasn't locked in a contract with Verizon.......and I like my number.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 11:01:01 PM »
I phones run on a GSM network. Att and tmobile are gsm networks. Verizon runs on CDMA phones or phones without sim cards.

Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:12 AM »
I phones run on a GSM network. Att and tmobile are gsm networks. Verizon runs on CDMA phones or phones without sim cards.

basically sums it up

man up and go back to att

Herbal_Life

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 07:38:48 AM »
I think you're out of luck. As far as I know, you have to have AT&T or T-Mobile to get a iPhone. I woulda got an iPhone years ago if I wasn't locked in a contract with Verizon.......and I like my number.
SIKOTIC IS SMARTER THAN I THOUGHT

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »
You can crack an iphone so you can use it with NO particular service but then you would have to keep putting minutes on it, and with an iPhone especially this would cost a SHIT ton. Wouldn't be worth it.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »
You can crack an iphone so you can use it with NO particular service but then you would have to keep putting minutes on it, and with an iPhone especially this would cost a SHIT ton. Wouldn't be worth it.
Jailbraking is mad easy to do but like this dude said if you put some random prepay shit simcard on an Iphone it would be gone in a minute cuz of the data

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 12:49:12 PM »
jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things.

unlocking requires your iphone baseband (the phone part) to be a certain version for unlocking. with the inclusion of the new 3.1.2 firmware, apple has upgraded the baseband and is not able to be unlocked with ultrasn0w at this time. if you have a iPhone that has 3.0, 3.0.1 or 3.1 you can update to 3.1.2 but not through iTunes update and preserve a unlockable baseband.

if you update your iphone to 3.1.2 through iTunes update you WILL lose the unlockable baseband. sure, you can still jailbreak it but there might not EVER be a unlock for the new baseband and you won't be able to use it on another network.

anyways... t-mobile has pre-paid internet packages for like 30/month for unlimited data. get a unlocked iPhone or do it yourself and use t-mobile if you're trying to not pay too much.