Author Topic: Listening to The Chronic and Doggystyle makes me sad...  (Read 1201 times)

mastdark81

• 'G'
Re: Listening to The Chronic and Doggystyle makes me sad...
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2009, 08:53:51 AM »
Snoop Dogg has made his mark on the game, anyone interested in him reverting back will be highly dissapointed cause he won't!  What makes more people skeptical of Snoop, Dre, and other past West greats is the fact that no one else hasn't really showed up since then which is sad.  It is sad that these boards are majority Snoop Dogg Pound Ice Cube Game based, and no one else. 

And yeah you can name MAYBE 5 peeps post 2000 career that can shake things up with the right people and produce some new classics but thats about it.  And you really can't count Crooked cause he signed with Deathrow in the late 90s.  I'm pretty sure he's in his 30s.  Not saying there isn't any young talent on the West cause there is but not anyone that currently have albums. 

Westcoast rappers in the 90s still outshining the youth, which is saaaaaaaaaaaad!! on the mic and album wise.  You can talk about poor albums from Snoop all you want but his whole catalogue is still better then most albums from other young artists on the west.

arubiano83

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »
snoop's still got it, listen to *think about it*
we need more tracks like that..more spittin'less bullshittin'

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 07:29:54 PM »
I think the chemistry and crew also had alot to do with Doggystyle being Snoops best album...Snoop has not had it exactly like that since. Not only was he hungry for both success and money (Suge was not paying him much) but everyone around him was hungry also....The whole Dogg Pound crew, Warren G.....Dre was still hungry for respect as a producer even after the Chronic. Has Dre produced an entire Snoop album since then?? At that time, Snoop would jump off a fuckin building if Dre told him..That is how hungry he was for success and he did not know how to make hit records so Dre had him totally under control music wise. It seems to me that after Dre left DR , Snoop just lost alot of discipline and started spitting bullshit half the time. I respect Snoops legacy big time but dude has never been the same.