Author Topic: LEON WASHINGTON'S CAREER IN JEPARDY!!!!  (Read 155 times)

OG Hack Wilson

LEON WASHINGTON'S CAREER IN JEPARDY!!!!
« on: October 25, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...washington.html

New York Jets RB Leon Washington out for year with serious leg injury, could threaten career
BY Rich Cimini
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Jets running back Leon Washington is helped off the field after suffering a broken leg. Said one player, "I could see blood spurting out. I've never seen anything like that before."
How will losing Leon Washington for the season affect the Jets?

OAKLAND - The Jets' season was rocked with another bad injury Sunday at the Oakland Coliseum.

Jets RB Leon Washington is out for the season after breaking his right leg today against the Raiders. Washington suffered a fractured fibula that required emergency surgery. According to players, the bone broke through the skin. One player said, "I could see blood spurting out. I've never seen anything like that before." It could be a career-threatening injury.

An unidentified player landed on Washington's leg as he went down awkwardly, one of those cover-your-eyes plays. Teammates immediately motioned to the sideline for medical help.

Washington was carted off the field.

If he's sideline for a lengthy period, Washington will be second-guessed for not accepting the Jets' proposed contract extension. The deal that was on the table at the end of the preseason included $5 million in guarantees, plus another $5 million guaranteed for injury protection.

Washington rolled the dice, deciding to play out the final year of his current deal ($535,000). Under the current CBA, he will be a restricted free agent.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: LEON WASHINGTON'S CAREER IN JEPARDY!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »
that's a fucking shame.

he is our Darren Sproles lol.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 09:03:12 PM »
that's a fucking shame.

he is our Darren Sproles lol.
but better
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:12:51 PM »
ouchhhhhhh
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 09:16:40 PM »
Compound Fractures are no joke. Especially when they break skin. Hope he will be able to come back.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 11:19:29 PM »
god damn hope he makes a full recovery and gets his paper

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 07:34:41 AM »
If only for the sake of actually making some money I hope he gets back. That 5 mil will eat him up inside if he doesn't come back.

OchoCinco

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 08:57:13 PM »
lol i heard he aint even gunna get paid since he has some clause in his contract that if it isnt technically a season endin injury he dont get paid. I could be wrong but thats what i took from what i herd on the pregame.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 09:43:45 PM »
lol i heard he aint even gunna get paid since he has some clause in his contract that if it isnt technically a season endin injury he dont get paid. I could be wrong but thats what i took from what i herd on the pregame.

he doesn't have a salary of a million dollars  (its still nice, like 650,000 i think)   but hes a FA next year

i imagine he sits out next year andcomes back in 2011 IF HEALTHY ofcourse

either way hes got ahot girlfriend lol