Author Topic: 50 Cent - Massacre album  (Read 766 times)

westside159

Re: 50 Cent - Massacre album
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 04:58:25 PM »
Ryder Muzic
I suppose to die tonight
postition of power

all dope  8) 8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 06:48:12 PM »
Back when 50 hit the commercial scene I was an elitist strictly underground "real" rap shit.  I hated him.   So, my tastes have clearly changed.  My experiences have allowed me to appreciate all kinds of hip-hop and music.    Now when people hate on club tracks I laugh.  There's a time and place for everything especially celebrating life in the moment.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 07:55:11 PM »
everybody hates an album when it first comes out (atleast bloggers do) and then everybody loves it after about 2 years.  i made a massacre topic a minute ago saying that this album wasn't hot garbage like everybody was saying.  wait til about another year or two comes, Curtis will be compared to GRODT and BISD will be right under that until a year or two from that.  it's a continuous and pathetic cycle that people make albums go thru

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 08:08:33 PM »
its because overall music keeps getting shittier and shittier so the shit of yesteryear becomes gold compared to the shit of today

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 10:22:26 PM »
its because overall music keeps getting shittier and shittier so the shit of yesteryear becomes gold compared to the shit of today

which is why it's never a good thing to hate on a record or "speak your mind" everytime you hear something new (most people always speak too soon).  too many people get caught up in judging the first 30 seconds of a track or the 1st listen and never go back and listen to it again and rule it off of that.  i do it too bcuz it tells u how good tha song is but you can't hear everything just by doin that.  look at everybody (on here) hatin' on Gucci Mane.

Pretty soon most will be on Gucci or everybody will be goin' 2 a Gucci Mane show bcuz it's gonna be the thing to do (in the US).  now don't over exaggerate my words but u kno that's how the shit is gonna play out, look at The Diplomats (Cam, Jimmy, & Juelz).  I remember when they wasn't so popular everybody (includin' me) didn't really fuck wit em, now Jimmy got his own name/brand, Juelz got a name and respect, and niggaz be waitin' on that new Cam shit (atleast the actual album or dvd), shit niggaz even know about Zeak.  bottom line, this is how shit always plays out; the jealousy and hate then the jockin'.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:41:25 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 11:58:40 PM »
Yall aint faceing reality cuzz...fif 1st was his best...aint no fucking way massacre was touching his 1st...yall need to just drop the bullshit....massacre had sooo many fillers it was crazy. :(

Jaydc

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »
I think the problem is people are over critical of music this day and age.Too many people judge music after listening to an album once.In this day and age of the ipod and quick fix,people listen to it a song once they aint feeling it and they delete the song from their playlist.That is not the wya to listen to music.People say its because its defending their favourite artist,or music is getting shittier,but its not that.Music is a strange beast.Some of my favourtie songs of all time are songs that I didnt like the first time I heard them.People dont take the time to let the music develop within themself.I see chad vader posts his reviews on here and base his likes on what he doesnt delete.I dont get that.To me thats just depriving yourself of music that you could possibly like in the future.

As for this album in particular,this album to me is like snoops doggfather.When you follow up a classic album,unless its a certified classic its going to be torn apart and overly criticized.Its a great album,its only problem is it followed get rich.Doggfather was considered garbage at the time,but not its widely considered his second best album.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 12:21:10 AM »
I think the problem is people are over critical of music this day and age.Too many people judge music after listening to an album once.In this day and age of the ipod and quick fix,people listen to it a song once they aint feeling it and they delete the song from their playlist.That is not the wya to listen to music.People say its because its defending their favourite artist,or music is getting shittier,but its not that.Music is a strange beast.Some of my favourtie songs of all time are songs that I didnt like the first time I heard them.People dont take the time to let the music develop within themself.I see chad vader posts his reviews on here and base his likes on what he doesnt delete.I dont get that.To me thats just depriving yourself of music that you could possibly like in the future.

As for this album in particular,this album to me is like snoops doggfather.When you follow up a classic album,unless its a certified classic its going to be torn apart and overly criticized.Its a great album,its only problem is it followed get rich.Doggfather was considered garbage at the time,but not its widely considered his second best album.
i like doggfather from the start..... i have listen to the massacre plenty of times(my car,headphones,dres headphones,club)and now in 2009,and still think this lp.isaight nothing special...and i like fif.buuuut sorry. ???

Jaydc

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 12:30:15 AM »
Thats your opinion but Ive always thought it was a dope album.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 12:35:36 AM »
to many fillers for me....same with bigs 2nd  album...great album,but had alot of fillers. :(

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 07:38:54 AM »
to many fillers for me....same with bigs 2nd  album...great album,but had alot of fillers. :(

True, but 50 even said he "overdid" the Massacre.  I think the Massacre shits on GRODT if u trim it down to the top 12/14 tracks.  Do urself a favor and trim it down 2 ur favs and then play GRODT, you'll see.  IMO GRODT was an okay album, it was tha shit at tha time bcuz everybody was goin' soft and niggaz needed 50 Cent and Lil' Jon back then.  They brawt that hard shit back, which is why GRODT sounded so fresh then, but listen to it now it sounds kinda average/basic (atleast to me)