Author Topic: Breakin Down How Pac's Classics Are Being Destroyed  (Read 1182 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Breakin Down How Pac's Classics Are Being Destroyed
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2002, 09:11:01 PM »

so bassicly what im tryin to say is, these people that fuck with pac's music should suffer!!!!!, lol, no but think of all the tight tracks we could have had that have gotten ruined, i mean pac's shit didnt get changed on R U Still Down and Still I Rise and i love those albums, so why the hell did they have to fuck with these albums??

RELEASE THE TRACKS UNTOUCHED!!!!!!!
Still I Rise And R U Still Down were mixed like the last 2 Pac cds.

Well on both albums, the songs were slightly touched, not totally remixed, and on Still I Rise, a couple of new Outlawz verses, but that was to help lead off their seprate career. The new total remixes, I'm straight with, 'cause it is cool to upgrade sound, and 'Pac said he could give a fuck about beats, let him spit and change the beats before the songs are released. As for the quests on the songs, that shouldn't be touched, I've always disagreed with people appearing in 'Pac's CD's that had nothing to do with 'Pac. I don't mind the 'Lawz, Thug Life, or any old 'Pac homie like Treach or Richie Rich, but people like Ja Rule and shit, fuck that. Maybe Nas, 'cause they supposibly made peace and were going to work together accourding to Suge and Nas, but others, nah.

Efrain

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2002, 11:14:17 PM »

I dont see how anyone can say this is the worst 2Pac album ever. This album is EASILY better than UTEOT and Still I Rise. EASILY better.

And guess what?? Ive been a 2Pac fan since Me Against The World came out, so there goes your theory about how any "self respecting Pac fan" would like this album. Is it a classic?? Naw, but its definalty a solid 4 mic album.

I really dont understand you cats sometimes. First yall bitch about how bad UTEOT was, because they fucked up the beats and the choruses. Ok, fine. I myself thought UTEOT was a huge dissappointment. But when they put some hot new beats over his songs [some of which are better than the originals], and less trashy hooks, yall STILL complain. Tupac fans have been spoiled with too many AEOM, MATW, and Makaveli type albums, and anything less is no good. Its fucking bullshit!!!!! Get over it, and just be happy with what you get. Better Dayz is a bangin ass album, and anyone who says otherwise is too nit picky, period.

Ok, I respect your opinion and all but I think most of what your saying is bull shit. Lemme brake it down for you why better dayz is garbage. It's a 20 track album (- the 7 songs that are remix's or were previously released) and of those twenty songs like 1/3 are acceptable. And by that I mean you can MAYBE listen to them through without a strong urge to change the song. You say this album is good because it has maybe 5 rely good songs out of 27 which is better than UTEOT which had 4 good out of 29, or some shit like that. Well Fuck that, that ratio is beyond terrible for a 2pac album. All Eyez on me had 27 songs and all but 2 or 3 were rely rely good, Makaveli had 12 songs all of which were incredible. Well these unreleased songs have the same quality lyrics, from the same era, why shouldn’t they be held to the same standards?  

Yes, there are a few songs (maybe 7) on better dayz that are good, but the problem is in the OVERWELMING amount of songs that are not only bad... there soo fucking horrible it either makes you laugh or flat out sickened. Case in point,
"There U Go" - Wack outlaw verses and that hook! Omg.
"This Life I lead" - another classic gone forever.
"What Ya Gonna Do" - lol LISTEN TO IT...nuff said
"Never be peace" - keep on draggin' that legacy through the mud
"Still Ballin"... um, you realize that’s featuring trick daddy right?
"Fame" - Do Noble and Kastro need to take a shit?
"Changed Man" someone needs to smack the shit outta that wack ass southern rapper and whoever wrote that hook 4 real. Christ, rapping about Escalades and bling bling on a 2pac record is your style that weak? have some fucking respect.  
"Thugz mansion remix" - featuring Nas. Lemme say that again.. Featuring NAS.

And I don't understand YALL cats sometimes, yea Until the end of time was bad, and this one is to. There all bad. Do they have to be? NO!! But people like you lay down and take it and say stupid shit like "be happy with what you get" what type of bullshit is that? be happy with what I get, fuck that. The music is trash and there’s no need for it to be. They consciously make extreme executive decisions to alter these records for there own financial and personal gains. Why should I support that? they do this shit then force feed us their remix's and "updated" tracks that they know we'll buy because of our respect for 2pac, that’s not fucking cool man.
And the worst part... I mean rely the saddest part of it all is that us as 2pac fans come accustom to this like its acceptable. If you rely think about it in terms of other artists that have died and released posthumous material the whole concept of "updating" 2pac music is rely bullshit. Ask yourself honestly, do you think "updating" would fly with unreleased Beatles records? Can you imagine if they released an old unreleased John Lennon record and:
1) Edited out any controversial lyrics
2) Brought in Moby to remix the beat
3) Asked Dave Mathews to re-do the hook and add vocals

People would be shocked, appalled ...OUTRAGED! I mean something like that happening is soooooo far from a possibility that its impossible to even fathom... but if your a 2pac fan its  not only a reality that something like that could happen, its a strong possibility something like that WILL happen. So it becomes accepted. Fuck that, I'm not supporting that shit.
Man, me.. I'm just happy this better dayz album came out, cause now out of the 27 tracks on it and the 29 tracks on UTEOT (56 SONGS TOTAL!) I finally have enough decent songs to make ONE full mix cd of posthumous material.

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2002, 01:02:02 AM »
plain and simple:

THEY CAN"T GET THE SAMPLES CLEARED!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why they can't release it like it was origionally made, so don't hate.

heyyou

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2002, 06:40:20 AM »
^^^^

I have 2 disagree with you on some level. I've just replyed on another post on this forum (about betta dayz). OK some samples may not be cleared, but did ALL of his original tracks contain that many samples? If so, why completely change the beat, the guest appearences, outlaw verses, the hooks etc. Like I said on the other post, slighlt change the sample, but keep it to the orignal sound as possible, eg Friends on the too gansta for radio has a very simlar beat to the original. I know that 2pacs albums have been heavily bootlegged, but I haven't got all his bootlegs, plus I want to hear his music in CDq.

I still respeact your opinions though.

bez

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2002, 04:35:19 PM »
Sorry phellas but my theory is ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.  They know that people will go out and by this album even if it toally sucked just because basically its 2PAC.  You gotta remember there is only a limited number of songs that will be available for release and I think that once they have all been used up then the albums containing the original beats will start appearing.  

BawlinDownSouth

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2002, 06:01:50 PM »
i definetly see where your coming from, but most of the diehard 2pac fans have already heard most of the bootlegged unreleased tracks. i even know people who bought the bootlegs thinking that they were official albums. would it be fair to them to release the exact same version of that song again? i mean, ill admit, some of the originals are better than the new ones, some of the new ones are better than the originals. i'd say its about 50/50. im a really big 2pac fan and ive bought all of his cds that have been officially released. ive also heard just about all of the unreleased tracks that are bootlegged on the internet. i'd say about half of the unreleased bootleg tracks on the net sound like they were never finished, it seems like the producers never finished the beats. and as for the ones that DID sound good and DID sound finished, ive listened to them sooooooo many times and im sure a lot of other 2pac fans have too. thats why i enjoy the fact that they remix the tracks for the most part. even though they might not be better all the time, its still something new and exciting, you know? i mean, if they were all originals, i'd probably buy it but i wouldnt be so excited and i would feel like i was buying a cd that i already own. for example, the "fuck friends" remix on uteot  wasnt as good as the original, but im glad  that they did remix it cause ive heard the original a thousand times and i own too gangsta for radio which is a compilation that has a version to that song that is similar to the original, so its nice to have 3 versions of the song, its almost like 3 different songs, kinda cool if you ask me. i havent heard better dayz yet but ive heard some clips, and from what i heard on the clips, the beats varied from "good" to "awesome", a lot better than i expected actually. as far as uteot goes, i liked most of the beats, a few of them werent so great, but atleast they were something new rather than the originals that ive heard a thousand times. who knows, maybe releasing the originals would be cool for the pop fans and the new 2pac fans who never heard the originals. but i think the diehard fans who have already heard the originals a million times might want something fresh even if they dont always want to admit it. i mean, think about it, even if you think the remixes are "wack" or whatever, would you really be excited if the new 2pac album was just a whole bunch of original tracks that you've heard a billion times? probably not, you probably wouldnt even be talking about the album, and you might not even buy it.

another thing you have to take into consideration is that 2pac's tracks were ALL his, 99% percent of them were COLLABORATIONS. whether they were collaborations between the other PERFORMERS or PRODUCERS, the COLLABORATORS have the right to redo their parts if they want to. imagine if you were a rapper and you did a song with a producer and some other rappers. and then before you were gonna release the song, the producer came and was like "yo i wanna do another beat, i aint satisfied with that one", and the other rappers on there were like "yo man we're gonna redo our verses we think we can do em better". would you be like "NO! i wanna keep them ORIGINAL!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!" or would you be like "sure man, go ahead". im sure you'd probably let them redo their parts. well thats how 2pac's mom feels. most of those songs WERE originally done with the outlawz and produced by johnny j, and im sure if 2pac was here today and he was approached johnny j was like "yo pac i wanna redo that beat and the outlawz wanna redo their verses" 2pac would probably be like "yeah sure hurry up" or something like that (i dont know exactly what he'd say since i never met him, but im pretty sure he'd let them redo their stuff if they thought it would be best). so what's 2pac's mom supposed to say? these were 2pac's FRIENDS and they actually WORKED ON THE TRACKS. its more their tracks than it is hers, so of course shes gonna let johnny j redo his beats and the outlawz redo their verses, she trusts them because 2pac trusted them.

as far as adding new people in and adding new verses, i guess it depends on how you look at it. the way i look at it is that they just wanna give it a new cool feeling, some people like it and some people dont. i happen to like the neptunes, jazzy pha, and i think trick daddy's ok, so ill probably like it or atleast wont mind it, i think its cool to hear 2pac over some new style stuff. also they way i look at it is that 2pac's in heaven probably recording new stuff  up there for his new heaven friends or something, so he could care less about what their doing with his stuff down here since it had a lot of "sinful" material that they probably wouldnt really care for up there.

bottom line is, im surprised and delighted that they are even still releasing 2pac CDs. 2pac's mom could easily live the rest of her life work free and buy whatever she wants off 2pac's already released work, so shes probably just releasing this stuff for the fans and for his legacy and for her 2pac artist center or whatever. so its cool, i think most mothers in her position wouldnt have released any more albums at all since shes in a position where she gets paid off all his albums he released when he was alive. so im happy with any new 2pac stuff. as far as ruining his legacy goes, i dont think his legacy can be ruined. his legacy ended the day he died, everything that comes out after he died is just extra stuff, everyone knows that, no ones gonna be mad at 2pac for stuff he didnt release. anyway, no disrespect to anyone on this post we're all 2pac fans and want the best.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2002, 07:24:02 AM »
Because its 2002, times change, music change, your underwear should change.

Deal with it, up to date

ha yea i understand your opinion cuz u like shakira and other pop acts too so its all good.  ;D ;)