Author Topic: something on the 19th Street compilation that always bothered me  (Read 721 times)

Okka

Re: something on the 19th Street compilation that always bothered me
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »
I guess this all started when G-Dubb publicly took credit for starting Deathrow records.

What did Warren G say?

acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 12:12:50 PM »
Warren G had to the same thing for "What We Go Through". He had to masked Daz's vocals with special effects and replaced Kurupt with Perfect. Yet Suge clears Nate Dogg and a Snoop sample for "Annie Mae". It boggles my mind. Aso a travesty how they deleted Warren's verse from "Lets's Play House". I guess this all started when G-Dubb publicly took credit for starting Deathrow records.   

daz was completely removed from the song

F-cisco

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 12:18:48 PM »
He said in an interview done for The Source that he made Deathrow from the ground up by discovering Snoop and introducing him to Dre, and providing contributions to the label(Regulate). He was irate that it got released first on the" Above the Rim" soundtrack before his debut album. If you check the NWA interviews thread it's in there.

F-cisco

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 12:20:25 PM »
Warren G had to the same thing for "What We Go Through". He had to masked Daz's vocals with special effects and replaced Kurupt with Perfect. Yet Suge clears Nate Dogg and a Snoop sample for "Annie Mae". It boggles my mind. Aso a travesty how they deleted Warren's verse from "Lets's Play House". I guess this all started when G-Dubb publicly took credit for starting Deathrow records.   

I thought it was clearly him in the beginning of the song, when he says "What's up, Warren G".

acgrundy

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 12:43:46 PM »

I thought it was clearly him in the beginning of the song, when he says "What's up, Warren G".

naw, it isn't even daz who says that on the version featuring tha dogg pound.

Daz was replaced by Perfec and kurupt was replaced by hershey loc aka malik

JohnnyL

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »
cause Daz was not nearly as big of name as snoop.

Yeah, that's what i thought too. You can still hear Snoop's voice on "Stay Out Of L.A." though. Big Style should hook us up with the OG version 8)

Wait til this one dude on here hooks up the old WCRydaz interviews.  there is one w/ mark spitz aka Perfec and he talks about recording sessions for that album.  there is lots of different changes.  kurupt used to be on some songs

Didn't I read on here too, that Big C-Style was supposed to be dropping some rare or unreleased 19th Street tracks on here, complete with commantaries for each track?   Hopefully, that's still the plan.  After listening to those interviews, it seems like he would have a lot of insight into the production of these songs.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »
interesting
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Portugoal

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 08:59:58 PM »
Can't you insert the song in an audio editing program and reverse it back? ???

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 09:36:15 PM »
Can't you insert the song in an audio editing program and reverse it back? ???

go and do it lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 01:24:16 AM »
lol when i saw the topic title, i thought you were going to say that there wasn't enough Crooked I songs on there