Author Topic: Dame Dash Disses Eminem  (Read 1154 times)

Young Dan Iza

Re:Dame Dash Disses Eminem
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2002, 12:50:57 PM »
cmon man your comparin state property 2 eminem thats like comparin vanilla ice to 2Pac,,,,,,,,why do people think beanie sigel is so good i think he ruins every song he appears on wit jigga and scarface

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2002, 05:52:26 PM »
Dame didnt diss Eminem.  Dissing Eminem would be saying "Eminem sucks" not saying "Eminem gets better exposure".  Come on now..
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2002, 07:08:09 PM »
perhaps if anyone gave a shit about state property it would've been different.  no one was fiending for that movie... the fact is that Interscope was probably just more willing to go the extra step to promote 8 mile because of the fact that people were already interested, and the story was at least a bit different than most "hip-hop" movies.  instead of complaining, why didn't dame just go hire a more acclaimed producer/director on his own? and as for getting into theatres.. if the movie was any kind of a draw more theatres would've picked it up.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2002, 12:23:52 PM »
Dame comes out with that shit and wonders why he gets jacked when he comes over to Europe (if you don't know what i'm talking about, Dame Dash got jacked by some Brits and some French peeps). We don't tolerate bitches over here! Pleezebelieveit!
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2002, 09:33:20 AM »
Everyone always saying if Em was black...FUCK THAT SHIT!!

I belive Em earned his way to get this far. Now people blame it on the colour of his skin. It's bullshit.
What about Ja Rule & Nelly?? If they were white, would you be saying the same thing?? Em is more a btter hip hop artist than any of these fools in pop music.

On point my man. If people only like him for the colour of his skin then thats their problem, those type of fans aren't really hip-hop fans if thats all that attracts them to Em. It is a fact that he gets some attention because he is white, but thats because he CAN rap. People have dogged white rappers for so long since the days of Vanilla Ice that when Em came on the scene they were shocked at his skills and the raw talent he had/has not because of the simple fact that he just happens to be white.
And about "8 Mile"; 1 it has a great director & writer behind it, it's a good story and more importantly an interesting one, 2 Em has proven himself in the acting department (even aintitcool news gave him his props, thats saying ALOT), and 3 it had other strong acting talents like Kim Basinger, Makhai Phifer (spelling?), & Brittany Murphy. It generated alot of hype because it's generally a good movie. It's not Em's fault that Dame's project didn't do as well as he had hoped, and Dame makes himself look like a jealous prick by putting Em to blame.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Timcasic

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2002, 03:16:58 PM »
"Friday" was a huge hit because Ice Cube is white...

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2002, 03:26:17 PM »
I think if you compared the script to "8 mile" and "State Property",.... you'd probably find out the REAL reason one got opportunities the other didn't.  

CrossOver

• Lil Geezy
  • Breakin' ankles on a daily basis
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2002, 12:42:15 AM »
Damon Dash is the biggest hater in all of Hip-Hop if it ain't Roca Fella to him it ain't sh!t...
You have just been served...

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2002, 02:14:14 PM »
people need to stop blaming Em for being white, what's the point there?

1st off
How can anybody be angry at Em for being more successfull cause he's white?
is it his fault? does he claim to be betta cuz he's white?
What do these people expect him to do, refuse the success cuz he knows his white skin makes him more successfull?

and anyway people need to realize that being white ain't always a privilege, espacially not in HipHop.

asiatic8

• 'G'
  • Blood of a Slave...Heart of a King!
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2002, 02:37:52 PM »
he was misquoted.....he was talking about the movie "Paid in Full" not State Property.....also i dont think he was dissing him....he was just saying things that are true....i think he respects Eminem b/c he is making the most of his situation and he indeed has skills..........shit how can he diss eminem and at the same time be working with him on the blueprint and the 8 mile soundtrack w/ jay-z...come on......eminem even points out glaring inconsistencies b/c white and blacks in music on song "White America."  Dame does have a point when it comes to Paid in Full though...  It was a good movie but at the same time it was not as good as 8 Mile.  8 mile had a big time director and paid in full just used a former music video director......But either way Dame is making some points though....Em would agree.. 8 mile had commercials and previews everyday...i saw only 3 previews of Paid in Full so it was obviously the promotion was just not there......but either way Eminem is the best emcee in the spotlight right now....he truly does have skills and no one can deny that.........
Blood of a Slave...Heart of a King!!!!!