Author Topic: Dish Network or DirecTV?  (Read 220 times)

the.SET

• 'G'
Dish Network or DirecTV?
« on: November 06, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »
Im gonna switch from cable to satalite next month because comcast sucks ass. To all who have satalite, which is better? The packages that I have looked at for both are pretty equal in the channels department, but as far as reception, customer service, etc..which one is preferred? Any help is appreciated 8)
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

thisoneguy360

Re: Dish Network or DirecTV?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:09:11 AM »
I've never had direct TV but when I lived with my parents they had dish and it was awful lol.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »
I've had nothing but problems with Dish Network. Constantly losing signal and getting the "Please do not contacts us, we are aware of the problem and are working on a solution" screen. Also our neighbors had dish network as well, I would be watching TV and the channel would change for no reason. I currently have Verizon FIOs now, and it's smooth sailing. I know people with Direct TV and it seems like good service

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 09:56:30 AM »
If you go with Direct TV and after you've had it for a while call and tell them you want to cancel because it's too pricey and then they'll lower your monthly fees and offer you HBO and all kinds of other shit free for like 3 months if you don't cancel. They'll even offer you the sports packages for good deals, but don't push too hard because then they will cancel you. And pay attention because once your three months are up you will be charged for continuation of those upgrades, so call a few days before the trial period ends to put a stop on the renewal.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 10:19:34 AM »
If you go with Direct TV and after you've had it for a while call and tell them you want to cancel because it's too pricey and then they'll lower your monthly fees and offer you HBO and all kinds of other shit free for like 3 months if you don't cancel. They'll even offer you the sports packages for good deals, but don't push too hard because then they will cancel you. And pay attention because once your three months are up you will be charged for continuation of those upgrades, so call a few days before the trial period ends to put a stop on the renewal.

co Sign....

My show time package is dope, but I gotta cancel it next month :)
I had show time for 7.99 for the first 6 months.... and that was after the HBO package they initially gave me... :)

But becareful, with either DishNetwork or Direct TV, you will have outages, it's just the nature of the beast, if you're switching from comcast for that reason, nothing will change...

But i can tell you, that Dish reception is usually weather related, so as long as your weather isn't severe, you should be good.
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 10:45:51 AM »
DirecTV is the better of the two, but even then DirecTV is not the best. I'd stick with my local cable provider unless they really really REALLY suck ass.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

westsiderider323

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »
ive had cable directv and dish network
out of all of em id choose cable which was Comcast

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »
i used to have directv and it worked flawlessly. very rarely did it not work. i'm now on time warner cable and it's dope too.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 09:31:49 PM »
I have DishNetwork and have no problems with it... cheaper and good customer service so far no problems.

the.SET

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 09:37:07 AM »
yea i think im gonna roll with dish network. alot of my neighbors have dish and it seems to be working fine for them, plus its cheaper and i can get the fsn channels in the package that im looking at. its more of a price thing as to why im switching because ill be paying the same amount if i switch to dish as im paying now with cable and ill have more channels, plus my cable has been acting funny lately
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 11:44:18 PM »
if ur cable is shity right now it's probably them doing upgrades and they will give u credit for outages as long as u call in and complain a lot of the time to cable can be shit if u live in the hood cuz alot of people are stealing cable and it fucks up the signal strength

if u ar in an area where u can get fios then go with that but if not stick with the cable satellite is gonna be the same probs when the weather is bad or overcast