Author Topic: Titans-Texans Monday Night Football  (Read 896 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Titans-Texans Monday Night Football
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »
We won it on that Young 3rd down run!

Nah, you won it when VY10 blew in the direction of the kick and made it go wide left. Settle down. We all agree he should have started earlier and that he's better than Collins, but you're giving him credit like Tony Kornheiser gives Brady credit. He is not more important to that team than Johnson and he is not THE reason they win. He's still better than Collins.

And the Indy game isn't an excuse. He did not win that game, plain and simple.

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »

Nah, you won it when VY10 blew in the direction of the kick and made it go wide left. Settle down. We all agree he should have started earlier and that he's better than Collins, but you're giving him credit like Tony Kornheiser gives Brady credit. He is not more important to that team than Johnson and he is not THE reason they win. He's still better than Collins.

If Young doesn't make that run, we're in no position to kick any sort of field goal. Young didn't make him miss, but he made it so we had a chance to attempt the kick, and that is HUGE.

I know it's not an excuse, but that's one game; 8 straight is not something u can deny.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 09:15:24 PM »

If Young doesn't make that run, we're in no position to kick any sort of field goal. Young didn't make him miss, but he made it so we had a chance to attempt the kick, and that is HUGE.

I know it's not an excuse, but that's one game; 8 straight is not something u can deny.

Of course it's huge, and so are a lot of CJ runs. How a bout a 54 yard FG with the game on the line maybe if it misses, given the field position. Stop only giving credit to one guy.

I only mentioned the Indy situation because Cham had thought it was a real win when in fact Young was losing the game to the Colts back up squad when Collins came in. Surely that is nothing to call impressive, and Cham did, not knowing the facts.

The fact that you're even comparing the streak or play of Vince to Manning is ridiculous. I don't care what the passer rating says. The talent at QB isn't even close.

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 09:16:56 PM »
^I wasn't comparing, simply pointing something out that was said on MNF. Young has won 8 straight regular season games now, the 3rd longest streak. I wouldn't have even known that if it wasn't for the analysts.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »
go titans
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 11:49:27 PM »
no team has ever won 3 straight (let alone 4) after an 0-6 start...'til now ;)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 09:06:10 AM »

Even if I was playing QB for them the 09 Titans would still clearly be the best 0-6 team in history. You think Young plugged into the 0-6 Lions would have mustered three straight wins?

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »

Even if I was playing QB for them the 09 Titans would still clearly be the best 0-6 team in history. You think Young plugged into the 0-6 Lions would have mustered three straight wins?
it's been four straight :P  And we were a pretty good 0-6 team for only half of that lol. The secondary was a joke from the 4th-6th losses.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
Collins has had 2 horrible seasons as a Titans starter, 1 good and 1 non existent. Young has had 3 good seasons and 1 non existent.

What amazing two 3rd down run conversions by Young!

3 good seasons, but he's only played one full one?

3 wins in a season makes it a good year?

& yeah, he can run; i'll give him that, so can my boy McNabb & his hands are pretty light in terms of hardware. ;D
so his first season wasn't a good one? He went 8-5, went to the pro bowl in his rookie year and was the cover boy for Madden next year. That wasn't a good year in your opinion? I guess u gotta do more than be an All-Star to have a good year.

This season has been 3 games but he's gonna finish it off as a good season; 10 games is strong enough to be considered a good year.

you said "3 good seasons".

i count the one he went to the playoffs, this one isn't over & the other one was 3 games lol.

one good season & having a decent one now.

Indy remains the lone impressive victory & it is impressive.

No it wasn't impressive. Look at the game. Colts were 13-2 and looking ahead to the playoffs. Manning played at the start and went 14-16 for 95 yards and then hit the bench midway through the second quarter. And Young didn't even finish the game. He got injured in the 3rd quarter while they were losing 10-7 to the Colts practice squad and Collins came in and was the QB for the next 3 FG drives for the 16-10 win. Give me a break. If that counts as a Young victory then I need my head examined. And people wonder why I think W/L shouldn't be kept for QBs.

i really wouldn't know.

i can't remember indivdual games from years ago.

but i'll take your word for it.

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »
so u don't count the season he went to the pro bowl and won offensive rookie of the year as a good season  ::)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 03:04:35 PM »
so u don't count the season he went to the pro bowl and won offensive rookie of the year as a good season  ::)

no, i do count that.

that's one season.

two years ago, he had 3 wins.

last year he had 1 win.

this year he is off to a good start.

you said he had 3 good season, where i only count one.

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2009, 03:17:21 PM »

no, i do count that.

that's one season.

two years ago, he had 3 wins.

last year he had 1 win.

this year he is off to a good start.

you said he had 3 good season, where i only count one.
the year he took us to the playoffs and the year he went to the pro bowl/rookie of the year are 2 different years. I said those two were good and am counting this one (thus far) making it 3. Two years ago he had 3 wins? Try 9 (the team had 10) and we went to the playoffs :-\

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »
year before:
KC, NYJ, Indianapolis

it's what you said lol.

Lunatic

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2009, 03:59:57 PM »
year before:
KC, NYJ, Indianapolis

it's what you said lol.
It's been 8 straight buddy. That year he won 9 games (10 total the team won), the team won those final 3 (week 15,16,17) and lost week 14  ;)  get it now?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2009, 05:22:08 PM »
^i do, thank you for clarifying.

after hearing this, i would still take 90% of every other starting QB in the NFL. :laugh: