Author Topic: mic problem  (Read 136 times)

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
mic problem
« on: November 16, 2002, 06:39:04 PM »
yo guys i just bought this mic for 50 bucks and it sux compared to this other mic i have that was just 13 bucks. now i bought this 50 dollar one cuz the 13 dollar one isnt the greatest quality. my question is why is the "better" one not any better? am i doin sumthin wrong?
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

KonSICKwence

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • STRAIGHT PIMP... what else is there to say?
Re:mic problem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 08:59:00 PM »
do you have a pre amp or is it a pc mic?

cuz you can only get to a certain point wiht pc mics which is coo for when your jsut starting you cna use a pc mic get soem decent sound out of some of them for under 20 bucks.

but if you want to get good soudn dont fuck aroudn with buying any more mcis take that joint back and save up to cop yoruself a condesner mic

and even there i have bought a condenser that was peice of shit.

audio technica is pretty good mic company and GT electronics the AM-11 is godly like i fuckin love that joint so clean its sickening.

but you gotta have a pre amp to amp your mic

i am gonna buy the GT soon i am rockin an audio technica whihc is pretty coo gets good sound but i love the feel of the GT its like none other its bright and shit its tight.

i bought prolly 4 mics before i lucked out and ogt a good condesner jsut keep buyin and takin them back . and dont fuck aorund wiht handhelds jsut grab a studio condenser and you will thank me for it.

pz

Ineffable
TEXT KonSICKwence's Ineffable Productionz... http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=24092 ..thanx..pz  .[/glow]

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2002, 02:22:25 AM »
^^ real talk.  I've got a few mics, but they don't sound good at all unless you premic them through a mixer or somethin.  Peace~

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2002, 01:43:59 PM »
aiight thanks guys, im prolly gonna return it, but how do i pre-amp my mic? where do i find a pre-amp?
6 keys for a hundred g's

//:in-DIJI-nouz..

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2002, 03:44:25 PM »
yo, your best off doing this if you wanna spend the money on getting better sound. if not just stick with the 13 dollar mic. But I would go to Guitar center and pick up the BLUE TUBE preamp and an OKTAVA MK-319 (thats a condensor mic, you always wanna go condensor mic for vocals). If youre gonna do that, make sure the Blue Tube has phantom power, I'm not sure if it does. To take it even further, you might even wanna get a better soundcard on top of that. I would get either one of the DELTA's by Midiman or if you wanna keep it simple, the Midiman DUO. Go to musiciansfriend.com to find out some rough prices, but this is what I would go with...

OKTAVA MK-319
BLUE TUBE
M-AUDIO DUO (or peep the M-AUDIO DELTA's too)

for the price, thats the best sound your gonna get. you can take it even further than that, but its gonna cost A HELLA LOT! Along with those products you'd wanna get a Mic boom stand, a shockmount, and a popstopper for the mic. Alot of the problems with mic recording can be caused by positioning, how far you are away from the mic, the input and output gains on your preamp, the kinda room your in (the wood in your walls or open room will cause your recording to have alotta reverb because it reflects sound). Thats why they got vocal booths, because the walls absorb sound. You could setup a matress or egg carton foam around you and record that way tho. Dont' worry about it with your 13 dolar mic tho, thats all if you wanted to go and buy the stuff i mentioned. it aint cheap tho, you'll spend a good 500-600 bucks but its worth it if your serious. If you dont have a preamp tho, forget about it. You could plug in a mic that cost 2,000 dollars into your computer with no preamp or soundcard and the 13 dollar mic will sound better. Thats because the 13 dolar mic is optimized for that kinda cheap ass recording. An expensive condensor (or dynamic) mic isn't. pz!

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 04:10:33 PM »
thanks for breaking it down like that man, it helped...peace
6 keys for a hundred g's