Author Topic: Obie Trice Says BET Blackballed Him  (Read 280 times)

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Obie Trice Says BET Blackballed Him
« on: December 17, 2009, 04:51:04 PM »
http://www.defsounds.com/articles/Obie_trice_says_bet_blackballed_him

Former Shady Records front runner Obie Trice has spoken out against BET, claiming they wouldn't play his record because Eminem skipped the BET awards three years in a row.

Obie Trice also stated Eminem's 2006 "comeback" to the BET awards was set up to push his records.

"I can only talk about my last album, Second Round's On Me. There was a lot of things going on with that record as far as promotion-wise and the marketing scheme of the record, and then a bunch of issues with MTV not playing my lead single with Akon, and that kind of hindered things -- we needed that video look," Trice explained.

"BET wouldn't play the video because Eminem had missed the BET Awards three years in a row, so he had to shake hands with them, kiss and make up with them by going back to the BET Awards with Busta Rhymes that one year to fix that situation so we can get music played. So honestly, it's the push of the label, the push of the radio playing the music and just working the record. Some people work records, and if it ain't an instant hit they leave it alone. That's kind of like Interscope's format. You have other labels that work records for six months--they believe in this record, and they believe in that record. So it's just about the mechanics behind the whole situation, I believe."

BET has not responded to Obie's claims as of press time.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: Obie Trice Says BET Blackballed Him
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:01:40 PM »
how.. mtv.. blackballed him?

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:03:14 PM »
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Blood$

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :