Author Topic: Arreola vs Thompson Next? Drama eurupts at post presser  (Read 95 times)

ThaChamp

Arreola vs Thompson Next? Drama eurupts at post presser
« on: December 06, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »
By Mark Vester

Promoter Dan Goossen had to play referee on Saturday night when his two heavyweights, Chris Arreola and Tony Thompson, began to exchange verbal punches during the post-fight press conference to Paul Williams-Sergio Martinez. Arreola stopped Brian Minto in the HBO televised co-feature. Thompson appeared on the undercard and stopped Chazz Witherspoon. BoxingScene.com's Bill Emes caught all of the drama as it unfolded.

Thompson was speaking about a potential fight with "I Hope that I can meet Arreola later."

"Now, not later" - Arreola would answer back.

Thompson - "I think it would be a great fight"

Arreola - "I'm better"

Thompson - "Hey, that’s his opinion"

Arreola - “That’s what I know”

Thompson - "If Dan and HBO are not afraid to put their baby up, we can prove it once and for all"

Arreola: "We’ve seen the way you went down against [Wladimir] Klitschko.  Not me, I didn’t go to sleep [against Vitali Klitschko]. I'm sorry I got a chin"

Thompson: "That's true, but a loss is a loss.  A lot of people don’t know this, but I was fighting Klitschko on one leg.  I had a meniscus tear.  That's not no excuse. I’ll do anything for my family, including fighting that monster on one leg."

Arreola: "I don't talk. I don't count nobdoy out but once they mention my name it pisses me off. I never called nobody out"

Thompson: "I'm not calling you out"

Arreola: "I believe you did, you called me a big baby"

Thompson: "I didn't call you a big baby"

Arreola: "You said I was HBO's baby"

Then a member of Team Thompson cut in and said "Then make the fight"

Arreola exploded with "Hey, you shut the f**k up"

And then the member of Team Thompson answered - "Hey, f**ck you man"

Arreola would respond - "What? F**k me?"

And the member of Team Thompson said - "Yeah, f**ck you"

As the situation started to get really tense, Goossen cut everyone off to shut the situation down.

"All of you guys, we are here talking about a great night of boxing. We are not here at a press conference to announce another fight," Goossen said.