Author Topic: WC - Guilty by Affiliation  (Read 1106 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: WC - Guilty by Affiliation
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 12:17:51 PM »
One of my favourite westcoast albums from the last few years. Dont even skip a track !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MOBNigga06

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »
Album is definitely good, and the best track is without a doubt "Addicted to It." The problem with the album, and the reason that I think certain people don't like it, is that the production was overall pretty bad. The beats are range from simple to crappy. Luckily Dub is such an ill lyricist that he can make you wanna a hear a song over a bad beat, but still - some crappy beats on this album. If the production was more like "Addicted to It" throughout, then this album would merit the word "classic."
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

OchoCinco

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
easily one of the best cds to come out of the west in the last few years.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »
Its like no one can tell the difference between an album that they like and an album that is perfect.
Exactly. Everything that's been out for over five years and people still listen to is a classic.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 01:18:47 AM »
Album is definitely good, and the best track is without a doubt "Addicted to It." The problem with the album, and the reason that I think certain people don't like it, is that the production was overall pretty bad. The beats are range from simple to crappy. Luckily Dub is such an ill lyricist that he can make you wanna a hear a song over a bad beat, but still - some crappy beats on this album. If the production was more like "Addicted to It" throughout, then this album would merit the word "classic."
what? i thought he had some great instrumentals on there

Okka

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 02:22:07 AM »

Yeah, he had great instrumentals on this album. "Ghetto Heisman" had some crappy beats though.

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 03:39:15 AM »

Yeah the beats were on point, the album had a dope overall vibe to me.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 12:00:43 PM »

Yeah the beats were on point, the album had a dope overall vibe to me.
WC's best album, IMO

Yeah, he had great instrumentals on this album. "Ghetto Heisman" had some crappy beats though.
easily WC's worst album

Okka

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 12:05:01 PM »
easily WC's worst album

Yeah, true that. I still like "The Shadiest One" the most but "Guilty By Affiliation" is great too.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 07:12:20 AM »
LOL HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU CALL DAT ALBUM WEAK??

GETTHEFUCKOUTTA HERE GO LISTEN TO LEMONADE BY GUCCIMANE..

Or I can go with a song equally as bad as that one with that If You see a bad bitch bullshit. Album was overrated, Hallway productions came with their low budget knockoff Dre beats and made Dub sound corny. Dub need to get Battlecat and DJ Toones and someother westcoast veteran producers and let them create a good soundscape for him.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 09:48:21 AM »
LOL HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU CALL DAT ALBUM WEAK??

GETTHEFUCKOUTTA HERE GO LISTEN TO LEMONADE BY GUCCIMANE..

Or I can go with a song equally as bad as that one with that If You see a bad bitch bullshit. Album was overrated, Hallway productions came with their low budget knockoff Dre beats and made Dub sound corny. Dub need to get Battlecat and DJ Toones and someother westcoast veteran producers and let them create a good soundscape for him.
wow :o
yes, they are inspired by Dre, but at least they're working with live instruments, you can't compare them with the cheapasses on youtube