Author Topic: Yellow Light Of Death (PS3)  (Read 469 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Yellow Light Of Death (PS3)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 10:25:58 PM »
^ You get yours fixed yet?

I haven't had the YLOD but mine has just stopped reading discs. I think the disc motor has gone as when I put a disc in, it comes out the same way I put it in. MW2 crashed on me, couldn't turn it off by the normal power so I switched it off at the back. Turned it back on and no discs would read. My warranty has easily expired so I'm gonna have to send it to Sony to be fixed. 60gb model aswell. But as i don't have a job, I'm gonna have to wait.  :(  :boohoo:

dont send it in to sony, send it to a local shop. its only 100 bucks where as sony taxes 150 and give u a referbished one (as in u get somone elses without ur memoery)

Take it to whereever you bought if from, and they'll send it on to get repaired.

Gonna sound like a fucking idiot here but what shop should I take it to? I take it that's what you did?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 12:51:07 AM »
^ You get yours fixed yet?

I haven't had the YLOD but mine has just stopped reading discs. I think the disc motor has gone as when I put a disc in, it comes out the same way I put it in. MW2 crashed on me, couldn't turn it off by the normal power so I switched it off at the back. Turned it back on and no discs would read. My warranty has easily expired so I'm gonna have to send it to Sony to be fixed. 60gb model aswell. But as i don't have a job, I'm gonna have to wait.  :(  :boohoo:

dont send it in to sony, send it to a local shop. its only 100 bucks where as sony taxes 150 and give u a referbished one (as in u get somone elses without ur memoery)

Take it to whereever you bought if from, and they'll send it on to get repaired.

Gonna sound like a fucking idiot here but what shop should I take it to? I take it that's what you did?

yea it works fine, but im gonna back up the hardrive on my computer or on a external hd, does anyone know how to do it? before i start my google hunt.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Jaydc

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 03:15:51 AM »
My ps3 stopped working,i had a launch model as well.It was month out of warranty.

I went to wal mart,bought a new one,brought it home,took the new one out of the box,put the old one in and returned it and got my money back. 8)