Author Topic: chicano rap is the next in line to blow!!!!  (Read 491 times)

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: chicano rap is the next in line to blow!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 09:49:02 AM »
I don't know much about Chicano rap but I digg Norwalks Most Wanted!

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 09:58:33 AM »
LOL..........have you heard artist like myself......BadNews......Annimean......5150......Thief Sicario?
Chicano rap has the biggest group of talented artist its ever had.........what about my music is the reason it wont blow?
he's cool.......he got flow...have you heard my music?
No disrespect, but if it's you trying to generate your own buzz by making posts about yourself (rather than other people talking about you) in a thread that isn't about you, then you might need to step your game up.

big joe

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 04:26:05 PM »
LOL..........have you heard artist like myself......BadNews......Annimean......5150......Thief Sicario?
Chicano rap has the biggest group of talented artist its ever had.........what about my music is the reason it wont blow?
he's cool.......he got flow...have you heard my music?
No disrespect, but if it's you trying to generate your own buzz by making posts about yourself (rather than other people talking about you) in a thread that isn't about you, then you might need to step your game up.
listen to my music...........then you tell me if I'm waisting my time.......

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 04:39:55 PM »
Okay, I gave your stuff a listen.  I'm not going to listen to every track, but I went through a few (Step Ya Game Up, City of Angels, Killing Season, Resurrection, a couple more) and really wasn't impressed.  You have a lot of boastful rhymes, but it's really nothing special.  Nothing really hit hard, and lyricism was mediocre.  Also, assuming you write your own choruses, they're really boring and not catchy at all.

No disrespect--you asked for my opinion, and I can applaud the fact that you're doing something positive.  But if you really want to make it and "blow," you'd better come harder than that, or do something that sets yourself apart from every other rapper who thinks that they're the best or that they got banana clips or whatever.  Being Chicano isn't enough.  And if you really want to get people to rally behind you, it's cool to do an anthem (like how you shouted out East L.A.), but you can't take shots at other cities (i.e., Compton, Long Beach, etc.).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 04:45:26 PM by DeeezNuuuts83 »

big joe

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 07:00:01 PM »
Okay, I gave your stuff a listen.  I'm not going to listen to every track, but I went through a few (Step Ya Game Up, City of Angels, Killing Season, Resurrection, a couple more) and really wasn't impressed.  You have a lot of boastful rhymes, but it's really nothing special.  Nothing really hit hard, and lyricism was mediocre.  Also, assuming you write your own choruses, they're really boring and not catchy at all.

No disrespect--you asked for my opinion, and I can applaud the fact that you're doing something positive.  But if you really want to make it and "blow," you'd better come harder than that, or do something that sets yourself apart from every other rapper who thinks that they're the best or that they got banana clips or whatever.  Being Chicano isn't enough.  And if you really want to get people to rally behind you, it's cool to do an anthem (like how you shouted out East L.A.), but you can't take shots at other cities (i.e., Compton, Long Beach, etc.).
thanks for check'n it out.........and it wasn't really taking shots at those cities...........it was more of Shouting out my city........and where I come from.

ThaChamp

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 07:52:36 PM »
i listened to your myspace songs and your better then i thought

flow is cool you dont sound like all the other stupid cholo rappers that think they can rap

lyrics are ok not bad but nothing that made me say "damn that was tight"
but you sound hungry

stick to it, you would make a good underground rapper but i dont seen you going mainstream unless you get signed

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 02:40:13 AM »
people were saying this in '05 when Blunts LLA was getting around with his City Of gods mixtape (which was good), but i dont think it will get too much bigger than what it is at this point in time.
what happened to Omar Cruz anyway? last i heard was that single with frankie j

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

big joe

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 02:56:23 AM »
i listened to your myspace songs and your better then i thought

flow is cool you dont sound like all the other stupid cholo rappers that think they can rap

lyrics are ok not bad but nothing that made me say "damn that was tight"
but you sound hungry

stick to it, you would make a good underground rapper but i dont seen you going mainstream unless you get signed
thanks for checking it out

azhiphop

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 09:23:41 AM »
im down with a lot of latino rappers.  any of yall hear mavs 102 bars on the front page he got super lyrics! he said he holds it down for latinos.  omar cruz, sic jaken, termanology hold it down for latinos too
make sure to check out all az hip hop at www.phoenixhiphop.net and join mav of sol camps fan page www.facebook.com/mavfanpage

big joe

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »
people were saying this in '05 when Blunts LLA was getting around with his City Of gods mixtape (which was good), but i dont think it will get too much bigger than what it is at this point in time.
what happened to Omar Cruz anyway? last i heard was that single with frankie j
I don't know.....him and BYI had a good buzz going on......it just died down..........I guess next in line is ROME. We'll see what happens.

WammyGiveaway

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:48 PM »
Omar Cruz is still buzzing about, I don't know how big though. BYI, right now, is plotting moves - the 50/50 deal is still intact until they release an album suitable for retail stores.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 08:41:31 PM »
Omar Cruz is still buzzing about, I don't know how big though. BYI, right now, is plotting moves - the 50/50 deal is still intact until they release an album suitable for retail stores.

compared to when "CITY OF GODS" and "BLOW" hit, his buzz is practically non existent.  its a shame.  those two mixtapes were dope as fuuuuck. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

theillaone

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 10:08:49 PM »
my suggestion to you is stop asking people for opinions homie...your shyt is straight and I think you would do well overseas....It's like this, critics never buy cd's so fukk em...

theillaone

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »
dawg I just really peep your shyt, beats is banging, lyrics is real, these bustas is hating homie...

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 10:36:23 PM »
is this the same big joe thats down wit playa hamm?
or isnt there 1?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.