Author Topic: What ever happened to Omar Cruz?  (Read 624 times)

arcatekt

• 'G'
Re: What ever happened to Omar Cruz?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 09:44:57 PM »
wait cruz was signed to ruthless?
when? lol

cruz was signed with ruthless records before his first album "City of Gods". i really dont know the whole story, but i know BYI's owner Lulu, helped him get off his contract. they talk about it in some skits on the mixtapes...

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
wasnt city of gods a mixtape tho?

when? lol

cruz was signed with ruthless records before his first album "City of Gods". i really dont know the whole story, but i know BYI's owner Lulu, helped him get off his contract. they talk about it in some skits on the mixtapes...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

arcatekt

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 09:48:24 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K4o3kB2TQ6M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K4o3kB2TQ6M</a>

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »
damn with a quik spin ....he sounds different there..lol
but damn signed to ruthless not that...that means anythin but damn
even the son of the og record label owner isnt signed to that label...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

arcatekt

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 10:03:08 PM »
wasnt city of gods a mixtape tho?

it was a mixed tape. rome produced half of it...

when? lol

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 08:40:54 AM »
i can not agree with people who say blunts lla/omar cruz had no buzz. thats why he got signed. the sequence of events doesn't make sense. he releases his own music, back to back to back free mixtapes, builds up a huge buzz, gets signed at the peak of his buzz, and then gets polietly put on the shelf.

after he got signed, the whole thing changed. no more ROME beats, replace that with "cool & dre" and add Game for good measure. i dont say that to disprespect them, i just question the reason for it. Cruz built his buzz on his own, he never had a lot of features on. so why change it?

what i really dont understand, is how did he get himself in to that. he was already in a bad deal before with ruthless.

if you really want to know what happen to omar cruz, ask interscope/geffen.
yup, that pretty much sums it up....he had three great mixtapes early, then it all went down hill.....i'm thinking it was a case of "the label made him do it", he went the typical signed artists route, alienating the fan base he was building by putting out watered down radio friendly music....thats not what me or my homies had come to expect from him and it immediately turned most of us off to him at that point....i mean, i had homies of mine who only listen to pac bumping his shit, but once those frankie j and pitbull songs dropped, it was over....i remember when they posted the pitbull song up in here and no one was feeling it, his homie came in here talking shit like 'you internet nerds dont know whats up! this is a club banger for the ladies!" and that pretty much summed it up right there.....i mean, he's a cool cat, he stayed and chopped it up wit heads after he performed at the knitting factory, and i seen him at the circle bar in santa monica a couple months back and he was cool peeps, just chilling and shit....its real easy as far as i'm concernered: go back to getting beats from rome and javie lopez and making tracks like those on blow and city of gods, basically go back to the same formula that got u signed homie.............
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Epademik

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 02:59:16 PM »
the problem is artists get "signed" & then think they made it. WRONG! Getting signed is the easy part (well, not really) now you have to get the rest of the world to like you. Omar should have kept grindin like he did right before he got signed. He also got his deal at a bad time considering the economy.
Peace.
-Ep
i Rap. i Produce. i Mix. #badseed #onewest