Author Topic: Do you own a Blu-ray player?  (Read 813 times)

illwill

Re: Do you own a Blu-ray player?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 09:13:25 PM »
I got one and to be honest I have trouble just watching regular HDTV after watching a bluray.  Tropic Thunder looks fucking amazing in blu ray.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 10:04:36 PM »
i have one, i actually have the panasonic bd 30. same as yours i believe except without the internet capability.

i love blu ray. i love how crisp the picture and sound is. if you have the hd set up and surround sound there's no reason not to have one.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

DEKO

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 01:55:43 AM »
I got one and to be honest I have trouble just watching regular HDTV after watching a bluray.  Tropic Thunder looks fucking amazing in blu ray.

Thanx, will check that movie out for sure! Never seen it! :)

i have one, i actually have the panasonic bd 30. same as yours i believe except without the internet capability.

i love blu ray. i love how crisp the picture and sound is. if you have the hd set up and surround sound there's no reason not to have one.

Yeah cool! Indeed, the version I have is one version later. At the time I decided to buy a Blu-ray player I almost took the bd 30 also! But then the bd 35 was released for the same price so I decided to take that one! ;)

Panasonic Blu-ray players really rule! They are the quickest and most reliable players out there! I never got problems with any movie! But I also keep the Firmware up-to-date, so I'm sure I'll never get problems with newer releases!

How do you upgrade your Firmware? Do you burn Firmware on a disc?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »
I don't own a Blu-ray player or even a DVD player.  Don't even have cable for that matter.  Just hook your computer up to your TV and you are good to go. 
Just download HD Movies and TV series, you'll need a whole lot of hard drive space but it's still way more cheaper and convenient in the long run.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »
Only have a ps3. High def is something else. Picture is so crisp, don't have a sound system hooked up yet, so I can't comment on the sound quality.

Blue ray discs cost abit, I tend to get the dvd release of the same movie because it's cheaper.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 01:09:49 AM »
I had a PS3 for 2 years but never actually watched a Blu-ray on it lol but when my parents decided to splash out on a new HDTV they got one and i've gotta be honest they're pretty amazing, i was actually surprised the first time i saw one because i wasn't expecting the picture to be that stunning. The only thing i hate is that Blu-rays are so expensive to buy and my local Blockbuster only has like 20 Blu-rays to rent so i mostly end up watching DVDs on it >:( lol

DEKO

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 04:51:31 AM »
I had a PS3 for 2 years but never actually watched a Blu-ray on it lol but when my parents decided to splash out on a new HDTV they got one and i've gotta be honest they're pretty amazing, i was actually surprised the first time i saw one because i wasn't expecting the picture to be that stunning. The only thing i hate is that Blu-rays are so expensive to buy and my local Blockbuster only has like 20 Blu-rays to rent so i mostly end up watching DVDs on it >:( lol

Yeah I hear you... just wait, the prices will drop sooner or later! ;)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »
And with Blu-ray players you won't get a cool looking interface and set-up like this:

Matty

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 11:52:21 AM »
I don't own a Blu-ray player or even a DVD player.  Don't even have cable for that matter.  Just hook your computer up to your TV and you are good to go. 
Just download HD Movies and TV series, you'll need a whole lot of hard drive space but it's still way more cheaper and convenient in the long run.

this.

i got over a terabyte of HD shit downloaded. only @ 720p cause my 32 inch screen isn't full 1080p. there's quite a bit of stuff that you can't get on disc yet anyway.

will get a blu-ray player and start building a collection before long though. and burning my downloaded stuff to BD compatible discs.

DEKO

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
And with Blu-ray players you won't get a cool looking interface

No, that's right. Where are these pics from? Netflix?

But on the other hand, watching movies behind your computerdesk is not as comfortable as sitting in the livingroom on a relaxed sofa! ;D

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »
No, that's right. Where are these pics from? Netflix?

But on the other hand, watching movies behind your computerdesk is not as comfortable as sitting in the livingroom on a relaxed sofa! ;D

The pics are from Windows Media Center.
And I'm not behind my computer desk, on the couch, I have my computer hooked up to my 46" LCD in the living room.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »
this.

i got over a terabyte of HD shit downloaded. only @ 720p cause my 32 inch screen isn't full 1080p. there's quite a bit of stuff that you can't get on disc yet anyway.

will get a blu-ray player and start building a collection before long though. and burning my downloaded stuff to BD compatible discs.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to do that?  Isn't it a pain in the ass to burn everything, you already have all the computer files ready to play and at your finger tips when it's on your hard drive. 

Matty

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »
this.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to do that?  Isn't it a pain in the ass to burn everything, you already have all the computer files ready to play and at your finger tips when it's on your hard drive. 

so i can take discs downstairs to play on the plasma/blu-ray player that is not connected to a computer. i'd probably burn all the stuff i don't think is that amazing too so i can just delete it off my hard drive. and the best shit so i got some form of backups.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 07:09:02 AM »
so i can take discs downstairs to play on the plasma/blu-ray player that is not connected to a computer. i'd probably burn all the stuff i don't think is that amazing too so i can just delete it off my hard drive. and the best shit so i got some form of backups.

I see, I only have one TV so I don't have to do anything like that but if I got a TV in another room I'd get this: http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveI=735
It's a media player with network capabilities.  You can access your computer(s) from it or hook up an external hard drive or pop in a flash drive.  It's not bad for a $120 or so. 

And I think it's probably cheaper to just buy another hard drive to back your stuff up than blank blu ray discs. 

Matty

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »

I see, I only have one TV so I don't have to do anything like that but if I got a TV in another room I'd get this: http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveI=735
It's a media player with network capabilities.  You can access your computer(s) from it or hook up an external hard drive or pop in a flash drive.  It's not bad for a $120 or so. 

And I think it's probably cheaper to just buy another hard drive to back your stuff up than blank blu ray discs. 

yeah i got enough hard drives already...nice to have some disc copies too. most of my 720p rips fit on a single layered dvd-r so inexpensive enough for the media. just gotta burn in the correct format so it plays on a BD player.